Back to Forum
    says A passionate and hard-working tt beginner. Working fully to improve my game.

TTD Member 1 44
    U
    says A passionate and hard-working tt beginner. Working fully to improve my game.

TTD Member 44 1

User Info Menu

Aug 2021
    India
    Read 0 Reviews

Positioning

I am a forehand oriented player. It's not that I am not good at backhand, but I am generally late in figuring out against which balls to use backhand. Due to this, my positioning against balls to my backhand corner is not good. I am always looking to use forehand. So, my opponents often fire the ball into my left elbow also and they win the point. How to improve this?

says May the Spin be with you!

Established TTD Member 99 189

Established TTD Member 189 99
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbishC
    I am a forehand oriented player. It's not that I am not good at backhand, but I am generally late in figuring out against which balls to use backhand. Due to this, my positioning against balls to my backhand corner is not good. I am always looking to use forehand. So, my opponents often fire the ball into my left elbow also and they win the point. How to improve this?
    Move your legs. Look at how those J-Pen players with only one side rubber. They have to move their legs to cover the two wings with their FH generally.

TTD Member 1 44
    U

TTD Member 44 1

User Info Menu

Aug 2021
    India
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gozo
    Move your legs. Look at how those J-Pen players with only one side rubber. They have to move their legs to cover the two wings with their FH generally.

Thanks a lot for suggesting🙂

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 165 399
    L
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 399 165

User Info Menu

More backhand practice? 😃

Cheers
    L-zr

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 225 212
    D
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 212 225

User Info Menu

Dec 2018
    United States
    Read 1 Reviews
    Drill with video review, such as random 1 or 2 balls to your forehand, 1 to your backhand.

Established TTD Member 99 189

Established TTD Member 189 99
    I am the opposite, I am BH dominant or rather, strong BH, weak FH.

I rely a lot of my BH for taking points and my FH acts as a set up / support.

However, during this 3 months Covid19 lockdown in my country, I have no chance to play TT with live opponents, I have to rely solely on the rebounding board. As such, I have been solely conditioning my FH during these times. I hope to be able to do the pivot and FH loop kill my opponent when my country opens up again ( hopefully sooner rather than latter). I am enamoured by those Chinese superstars and their out of this world FH loop kill technique. They are beautiful!

Last edited by Gozo; 08-25-2021 at 05:27 AM.

TTD Member 1 44
    U

TTD Member 44 1

User Info Menu

Aug 2021
    India
    Read 0 Reviews
    Thanks for the suggestions Dr Evil and Lazer. Gozo, there's a video in pingskills.com on how to practice on your own. You could check it out

TTD Member 1 44
    U

TTD Member 44 1

User Info Menu

Aug 2021
    India
    Read 0 Reviews
    Here is the link, Gozo Watch Our Latest Tutorial