Positioning

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I am a forehand oriented player. It's not that I am not good at backhand, but I am generally late in figuring out against which balls to use backhand. Due to this, my positioning against balls to my backhand corner is not good. I am always looking to use forehand. So, my opponents often fire the ball into my left elbow also and they win the point. How to improve this?

says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
I am a forehand oriented player. It's not that I am not good at backhand, but I am generally late in figuring out against which balls to use backhand. Due to this, my positioning against balls to my backhand corner is not good. I am always looking to use forehand. So, my opponents often fire the ball into my left elbow also and they win the point. How to improve this?
Move your legs. Look at how those J-Pen players with only one side rubber. They have to move their legs to cover the two wings with their FH generally.

Mar 2021
I am the opposite, I am BH dominant or rather, strong BH, weak FH.

I rely a lot of my BH for taking points and my FH acts as a set up / support.

However, during this 3 months Covid19 lockdown in my country, I have no chance to play TT with live opponents, I have to rely solely on the rebounding board. As such, I have been solely conditioning my FH during these times. I hope to be able to do the pivot and FH loop kill my opponent when my country opens up again ( hopefully sooner rather than latter). I am enamoured by those Chinese superstars and their out of this world FH loop kill technique. They are beautiful!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Thanks for the suggestions Dr Evil and Lazer. Gozo, there's a video in pingskills.com on how to practice on your own. You could check it out