Should I change to Chinese rubber on the forehand?

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi Ahma!!

1st question is - How did/are you getting on with the ELS? After a couple of weeks deciding which rubber to try!!
2nd question is - Why do you want to change to a tacky style Chinese rubber? (CTR)

As far as having enough strength or being ‘ready’ to use a CTR, personally I don’t feel this is an issue, there are loads of young players that have been brought up with CTR’s, from a very early age!! They also are very likely to have been coached by coaches that use CTR’s and therefore know the characteristics of CTR’s and how best to effectively use them. So check with your coach and get their input.

Reactions: Tango K and Manto76
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
If you have no proper reason to change your playstyle and you already learned and grew with the european playstyle it would be kinda foolish to switch.

If you wanne try it "for the lulz" - yeah ok then go for it. I mean it is still an interesting experience. But if you want to grow and get better - it is a waste of time if you lack the physical capabilities imo.

For example - i made this transition some time ago, for several reasons. I came back to tabletennis after a 5 year break. I got really fit and strong in the meantime and was seriously intrigued by the chinese playstyle.
On top of that i really despise of how expensive good equipment can be. So i started buying several chinese rubbers and blades and got used to them. Not a simple journey but a pretty fun experience at least i would say.

Reactions: mocker88 and Tipiak
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I want to get rid of my European technique cuz it’s lazy and not powerful. That’s why I want to challenge my self.

The difference in FH loop stroke types, nowadays is far more ‘blurred’ than it used to be!!
By this I mean that perhaps European’s have taken on board some of the Chinese techniques and the Chinese have taken on board some Euro techniques especially for close to the table fast rallies.
If you want an all out ‘Chinese type FH loop’ then you’ll have to find a coach that really knows that technique.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
I want to get rid of my European technique cuz it’s lazy and not powerful. That’s why I want to challenge my self.

Then sure go ahead. Just bear in mind, that this change wont happen in a few weeks and it cant be quite frustrating if you are unable to see your mistakes.
Finding a coach for that issue can be quite difficult too.
If you want to take it seriously though you could stark recording your training sessions and compare yourself to better players and recognize your flaws better this way.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Can we make a list of all the trusted/best Chinese Forehand rubber? I know of:

Yinhe Big Dipper/Apollo 5
Hurricane 3 Neo
729 Battle 2
Reactor Tornado v5
Sanwei Target

This user has no status.
Again, I see that the word European technique has been put together with lazy and less powerful.😂

No, it is not. Please don't look down upon your current technique. Or it may be less powerful in a little bit, it also benefits in stability and recovery. I think it may be more suitable to amateur players than Chinese style.

Chinese style stretch out arms legs and whole body, it is better in aesthetics view.

The current trend is mid-close to table FH and BH topspin rally. Stability and recovery are more important. You can rely on your racket for more power to some extent.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017

Yea. But im a 15 year old kid and dont have that mutch strength. But I have a good technique. So I don’t really know.

What do you mean you don't have much strength? Wimp.
15 year old girls can pitch soft balls at pretty good speeds. Their arm speed is more than enough to loop all but the most severe back spins. I have done the math to verify that.
You don't need strength. You need speed, technique, timing and consistency. Changing equipment will not help that.
Endurance will help when playing many matches in a tournament.

My high school football ( American football ) coach would say "get tough or die." You are too young, so get tough.
I am 68 now. I still remember.

This user has no status.
If you are used to bouncy ESN rubbers and especially if you block often, then don't change except for bouncier ones like H8 or H8-80.
I've played especially bouncy German rubbers and changed to a 729 Presto on my backhand and I'm really not used to it as my blocks are often to weak. But it maybe another story if you're using it on your forehand.
And MOST IMPORTANTLY is that you'll need to clean and service your rubber every time you use it, or the dirt will make the rubber last way shorter. Mine H8-80 can't stick to a protective sheet after I dropped some sweat on it and didn't clean it for a weekend.

This user has no status.
What do you mean you don't have much strength? Wimp.
15 year old girls can pitch soft balls at pretty good speeds. Their arm speed is more than enough to loop all but the most severe back spins. I have done the math to verify that.
You don't need strength. You need speed, technique, timing and consistency. Changing equipment will not help that.
Endurance will help when playing many matches in a tournament.

My high school football ( American football ) coach would say "get tough or die." You are too young, so get tough.
I am 68 now. I still remember.

Just go away this post is dead