Should I change to Chinese rubber on the forehand?

This user has no status.
That kind of depends on if you're willing to do the demanded technique transition that a change requires. Have you tried any Chinese rubbers and found them suiting your play style better? What do you use now?

I’ve never tried one. I play with Xiom offensive s blade with 2 evolution els 2.0mm

says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
I’ve been playing with esn rubber for my whole career and wanted to know how or should I change to Chinese rubber on the forehand.

So you are bored with Automatic Transmission car and now want to drive a manual gear car to play around with stick shift, drifting etc eh?

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Yes, you should change to chinese rubber on your forehand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

Depends entirely on your objectives.

If you are in reasonable physical shape and intend to play competitively long-term then it might make sense to change to Chinese rubbers. However, if (like me) you are not young anymore and not in the best physical condition and only want to play for recreation, then ESN might be a better call.

Saying that though I don't mean to imply that you cannot be seriously competitive with ESN rubbers. Yes, many of the top players in the world use Chinese rubbers, but Andro, Yasaka, Gewo, Stiga, Tibhar etc. all also have sponsored players at the elite level.

In the end it's your skill - not the rubber - that's going to make the difference.

Mar 2021

Yea. But im a 15 year old kid and dont have that mutch strength. But I have a good technique. So I don’t really know.

Oh I see. To put it easy for you, if you are under a coach and he is himself using Chinese tacky rubber, and he can teach you techniques suitable for such rubber; then go ahead and use it.

If your coach uses ESN rubber himself, then stick with ESN.

If you do not have a coach and play mainly recreationally; then choose easy to play ESN rubber such as Donic Baracuda and just enjoy the game.

Hope this help.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobpuls and Manto76
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

I play with Xiom offensive s blade with 2 evolution els 2.0mm

This is an excellent combo and, unless your coach advises you otherwise, I'd stick with it for a long time. Upgrade to the max thickness when the time is right, or possibly to MXS 2.0mm if you want a harder FH rubber. Fundamentally, though, that's a really good setup and you could play up to a very competitive level with it.

Reactions: SamTheMan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I think I don’t have the footwork and physical flexibility for the Chinese style and rubber. I think I’m going to stay with esn rubbers.

Perhaps the best is to simply buy one H3 (maybe hardness H37, H38 or H39) and try it. This will give you certainty. The commercial version is quite cheap.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Yeah, you had better get a double secret hard to get national version of H3 and boost the crap outta it.

All the Korean pros have awoken to this... won't be very long before all the amateurs follow.

Get a sheet while you can.

Sergey Tsos will be available to give you expert advice on it.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

erm

This user has no status.

erm

This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Read 1 reviews
if you have the funds try dignics 09c first so the transition will be easier and and you don't have to worry so much about boosting and it will be easier on the shoulder if you are not strong or don't have a fast loose forehand stroke
other esn sticky rubbers: Nittaku Sieger pk50, Yasaka Rakza Z are esn rubbers that are sticky and you may try...but ultimately get your advice from your coach

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
if you have the funds try dignics 09c first so the transition will be easier and and you don't have to worry so much about boosting and it will be easier on the shoulder if you are not strong or don't have a fast loose forehand stroke
other esn sticky rubbers: Nittaku Sieger pk50, Yasaka Rakza Z are esn rubbers that are sticky and you may try...but ultimately get your advice from your coach

Dammit !! Advice thwarted by an actual ex-national player who actually knows some things about equipment and how to play the sport !!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I will think about this still. But atleasr for now I’m thinking about getting a Chinese rubber on the forehand. Possibly the 37 degree or 39 degree.

Go for the 39 deg version. That's what I started with, and the 37 & 38 felt a bit too slow, especially when changing from a bouncier rubber.