Forehand or Backhand

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I'm in quite a debate with myself that my game should be forehand or Backhand oriented. I mean, when I play forehand oriented, I can cover the whole table. That's not in case of backhand. Whereas, my backhand punch is very very effective. My forehand smash or slap is not at all effective. Can someone give advice on this?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I'm in quite a debate with myself that my game should be forehand or Backhand oriented. I mean, when I play forehand oriented, I can cover the whole table. That's not in case of backhand. Whereas, my backhand punch is very very effective. My forehand smash or slap is not at all effective. Can someone give advice on this?

ummmmmm...
I am a begginer but here is my advice: just train more and you will find the balance that suits you.

your play-style will change overtime just dont overthink it

erm

This user has no status.

erm

This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Read 1 reviews
it is hard to help you since i don't know how you play...i would not choose a style by a certain stroke you excel at like the backhand punch, but i would first like to gauge your footwork and style of play before i can give you advice on how you should play

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
it is hard to help you since i don't know how you play...i would not choose a style by a certain stroke you excel at like the backhand punch, but i would first like to gauge your footwork and style of play before i can give you advice on how you should play

Here, we have an ex-national player asking the kind of things as many established TTD memebrs ask a player who be posing a question like this... and asking these kind of questions BEFORE opening mouth and giving advice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
A special thanks to What Happened. Due to his advice, I have now figured out I have to play forehand oriented.
​​​​​​

Reactions: what happened