Back to Forum
    says A passionate and hard-working tt beginner. Working fully to improve my game.

TTD Member 1 44
    U
    says A passionate and hard-working tt beginner. Working fully to improve my game.

TTD Member 44 1

User Info Menu

Aug 2021
    India
    Read 0 Reviews

Uncertainty about short balls

Although many coaches tell not to attack, rather defend short balls, I am very very good at attacking short, high balls. I played a game today with a better player than me and had 100 percent accuracy on attacking short, high balls. But should I do this?

This user has no status.

TTD Member 27 85
    A
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 85 27

User Info Menu

Sep 2020
    Germany
    Read 1 Reviews
    Depends.
    As long as you are fast enough and can score with it, keep it up and go for these shots (especially if they are higher).

In case your opponents adepts and is suddenly able to block them so fast, that you are unable to get back in position and counter that shot, you should go for a short play yourself for example. Even the pros often go for the shortplay or a long and hard underspin ball. Variation is key, especially in the moments in which your opponents adept to your strategies.

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 162 394
    L
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 394 162

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by UrbishC
    Although many coaches tell not to attack, rather defend short balls, I am very very good at attacking short, high balls. I played a game today with a better player than me and had 100 percent accuracy on attacking short, high balls. But should I do this?
    Absolutely, keep attacking the more you’ll do it better you’ll get, eventually you’ll be able to attack lower balls too.

Cheers
    L-zr

TTD Member 1 44
    U

TTD Member 44 1

User Info Menu

Aug 2021
    India
    Read 0 Reviews
    Thanks Lazer and Attitude

says From RPB to SH

TTD Member 55 88
    L
    says From RPB to SH

TTD Member 88 55
    Short ball usually comes low with strong spin that it is not easy to attack. But if the short ball is coming high and no spin, there is no reason not to attack it. You should smash it.
    The promotion of BH flick in current table tennis is the idea of encouraging attack not defense on short balls.

TTD Member 1 44
    U

TTD Member 44 1

User Info Menu

Aug 2021
    India
    Read 0 Reviews
    Yes you're absolutely right, but I don't do the BH flick then. With some correct placement and speed, I smash it.