Uncertainty about short balls

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Although many coaches tell not to attack, rather defend short balls, I am very very good at attacking short, high balls. I played a game today with a better player than me and had 100 percent accuracy on attacking short, high balls. But should I do this?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Depends.
As long as you are fast enough and can score with it, keep it up and go for these shots (especially if they are higher).

In case your opponents adepts and is suddenly able to block them so fast, that you are unable to get back in position and counter that shot, you should go for a short play yourself for example. Even the pros often go for the shortplay or a long and hard underspin ball. Variation is key, especially in the moments in which your opponents adept to your strategies.

Although many coaches tell not to attack, rather defend short balls, I am very very good at attacking short, high balls. I played a game today with a better player than me and had 100 percent accuracy on attacking short, high balls. But should I do this?
Absolutely, keep attacking the more you’ll do it better you’ll get, eventually you’ll be able to attack lower balls too.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Yes you're absolutely right, but I don't do the BH flick then. With some correct placement and speed, I smash it.