Soon....

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Hayata's results from this year won't become "visible" until the initial points from 2020 expire. Given the circumstances, those points will likely stay in effect until 2022?

https://www.ittf.com/wp-content/upl...-Tennis-World-Ranking-Regulation-20210921.pdf
Updates

21st September 2021

(page 13) 2021 ITTF Table Tennis World Ranking initial points freezing, at 60% of the 2020 December points,
extended until week 47. Initial points to be reduced on week 48 to 50%, and to stay at 50% until the end of

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Hayata's results from this year won't become "visible" until the initial points from 2020 expire. Given the circumstances, those points will likely stay in effect until 2022?

https://www.ittf.com/wp-content/upl...-Tennis-World-Ranking-Regulation-20210921.pdf

Event
CategoryPositionPoints
Initial points (60%) 4137
2021 WTT Star Contenders, Doha II (QAT)SCTW600
2021 ITTF-ATTU Asian Table Tennis Championships, Doha (QAT)CCW500
2021 WTT Contenders, Doha (QAT)CTF280
2021 WTT Star Contenders, Doha I (QAT)SCTQF105
[thead] [/thead][tbody] [/tbody]
[tbody] [/tbody]

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Jan 2018
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Last edited:
Jan 2018
The ranking used by the WTT site is from July, before Tokyo 2020?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Perhaps...
(to be honest, I can't figure it out yet ... but there is not much left before the start ...)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
its quite logical, WANG Yidi is really strong.

More than top10 player, i think the real notion is : "player who can hope to beat the top CNT player from time to time" and i see in that category on Mima, Hina and maybe DHK who looks close. but i would not even include CIC, or JJH. Maybe Shin yubin will get into that category soon.

Jan 2018
Shindong(turned 17 in July) is frankly not that much better than Kim Nayeong(turned 16 in October) but they are the future of the KNT. Going by the examples of Hirano, Ito and Hayata, Shindong and Kim Nayeong should start beating their seonbae regularly. Currently, they don't hit as hard as Hirano and Hayata did at that age. Ito was also not hitting that hard at that age but that started to change in 2017 when she realized what Hirano had achieved by working hard. The next year or two will be crucial for Shindong and Kim Nayeong.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
The ranking used by the WTT site is from July, before Tokyo 2020?

The draws will take place on Sunday 21 November. Seeded players will be drawn into
appropriate positions according to HB 3.6.2.3. All other players/pairs will then be drawn at
random into the remaining 96 positions for singles and 48 positions for doubles.

Players of the same Association shall be separated according to HB 3.6.3.1, only in the first
round of the draw but not in further rounds.

The ranking list which will be used for seeding and for the draws shall be the ITTF Table
Tennis World Ranking to be published on 16 November 2021 (week 46)

Jan 2018
Liu Weishan cursed in Chinese by accident at 9:6 in G5 in the women's singles final. LOL!
Ni Xia Lian: 🤣

Jan 2018
How best to explain hierarchy?

Who cares if you are the Olympic gold medalist? Who cares if you are the reigning Asian Champ?

Zennoh: Ishikawa has gotta be in the center.

Jan 2018
Hayata is completely off in the afternoon session. Can tell from her heavy footwork. FH suffers so much. Just like how she lost to FTW at WTT Star Contender Doha. Stamina problem, that she also acknowledges in a recent interview?

Ishida not calling TO in G3 is puzzling, losing 4 in a row after 9:7. Same scenario in G1 where she blew her lead as well. Too many side-topspin serves.

https://hochi.news/articles/20211118-OHT1T51206.html?page=1
 「結果的に無敗で終わることができて、まずは良かった。今回は現地にお母さんに来てもらって、試合だけに集中できる環境をつくってもらえました。食が細いので、試合になると緊張もあって、うどん一人前も食べられないぐらい。大会中にどんどん痩せてしまっていたけど、献立や食べやすいものを考えてもらって、試合の合間におにぎり2個にうどんとか結構食べることができた。体力切れをしなかったことが5冠の要因になったと思います」

これまで故障に悩まされてきた経験も踏まえ、五輪後から体に負担のかからない打ち方も模索してきた。

「体のどこに力を入れたら負担が少なくなるかを考えて、フォームもちょっと変えました。慣れるのに時間はかかったけど、いつもは大会中にテーピングの量が増えていったのが、今回は湿布を1回貼っただけ。全部の試合が終わった翌日にトレーニングをやっているぐらい体が元気でした。自分が一番びっくりしているけど、卓球が変わったと感じることができました」

アジア選手権は同時期に全中国運動会が行われていたため、中国選手は不参加だった。世界選手権で対戦が実現すれば、昨年1月のドイツOP以来となる。

「自分の全体的なレベルは上がったので、以前より勝つチャンスはあるんじゃないかと思います。ただ、全中国運動会の動画を見ていて、今回うまくいったことも、同じようにさせてもらえるだろうかと考えさせられました。中国は世界チャンピオンになれる選手ばかり。そこを倒していかないといけないので、もっともっと、という気持ちを忘れずに練習しています」

世界選手権は女子では唯一、3種目に出場する。

「日本代表として3種目に選んでいただいたことがうれしいし、それぞれ楽しみがあるので、しっかり全種目でメダルを取って帰ってきたい。今はいろんなことにチャレンジして、結果が出ている中で世界選手権を迎えられるワクワクがあります。全日本、アジア選手権と優勝できたので、次に目指すは世界選手権と五輪。まずは1回戦から全力をしっかり出して、1つ1つクリアしていきたい」

親友の伊藤と世界選手権では約2年半ぶりに組む女子ダブルスへの思いも強い。17年に銅、19年は銀メダルを獲得。日本人ペアで54年ぶりの金メダルへの期待が高い種目だ。

「美誠と組むと、卓球の楽しさを知ることができます。世界に自分が通用するんだと思い始めたのも、ダブルスを組んでから。本当に感謝しかないですし、そのためにもしっかり2人で金メダルを取れるように頑張りたいなって思います」

"In terms of result, it's great that I was able to finish undefeated. This time, I had my mother tag along to create an environment where I could concentrate on the matches. Because I ate little, I got nervous when playing matches, and I couldn't even eat a serving of udon. I was getting thinner and thinner during the tournament, but I was able to eat 2 rice balls and udon between matches by coming up with menus and easy-to-eat foods. I think the fact that my stamina didn't run low was the reason behind the 5 crowns."

Based on the experience of suffering from breakdowns so far, she has been searching for a way of hitting that does not burden the body after the Olympics.

"Thinking about what part of the body to generate force would reduce the burden, I changed the form a little. It took me some time to get used to it, but the amount of taping usually increased during the tournament, yet this time I just put on one. I was so healthy that I was training the day after all the matches were over. I was most surprised, but I could feel that my table tennis had changed. "

The ATTC and National Games of China were held at the same time, so Chinese players did not participate. If an encounter happens at the WTTC, it will be the first time since the German Open in January last year.

"I think my overall level has improved, so I think I have a better chance of winning than before. However, watching the video of the National Games of China, I wondered if I could do the same for what went well this time. China has only players who can become World Champions. Since I have to defeat them, I am practicing without forgetting the feeling of working harder."

Hayata is the only woman to participate in 3 events at this WTTC.

"I'm glad to be chosen as a representative of Japan for 3 events, and I'm looking forward to each of them, so I'd like to get medals for all the events and come home. I am excited to welcome the World Championship in the process of challening various things and getting results. I was able to win the All-Japan and ATTC, so my next goal is the WTTC and the Olympics. First of all, I want to do my best from the first round and clear each stage one by one."

I have a strong feeling for the women's doubles that I will pair with my best friend Ito for the first time in about 2.5 years at the WTTC, winning a bronze medal in 2017 and a silver medal in 2019. It is an event with high expectations for a gold medal for the first time in 54 years with a Japanese pair.

"When I team up with Mima, I can understand the fun of table tennis. It was after I teamed up in doubles that I started to think that I'm world-class. I'm truly grateful, and I want to do my best to win the gold medal with her."

Last edited:
Jan 2018
https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/sports/table-tennis/3801497/
 特にシングルスへのこだわりは強い。初出場の17年は準々決勝に進出するも、メダル獲得が期待された19年は4回戦敗退。また、今年の五輪でも4回戦で姿を消し、大舞台では悔しい思いが続いている。張本は「第1目標としてはベスト8に勝ち上がること。そこまで行けば中国選手や海外のトップ10の選手と対戦するので、そこまでどう行くかと最後は相手をどう倒すか。一つひとつクリアしていきたい」と話す。

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2021/11/17/kiji/20211116s00026000548000c.html
早田は「自分のパワードライブと張本選手の高速卓球をどう生かすかが鍵」と展望した。