New blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
I am a relatively high level player (recently returned from few year break, used to be roughly top 50 in England for my age) and I am looking to get a new blade and rubbers. I play left handed close to medium distance counter attacking. I like to have good control as well as speed and want to be able to counter, flick, push, loop, block and punch. My current blade is a joola rosskopf emotion (the old one) and I am looking for something a bit harder and faster (with good control). My preference would be something medium hard and medium stiff. I have been looking at the koki niwa wood because I think my style is a bit like koki niwa (and he is one of my favourites to watch). Would this be a good choice and are there any other suggestions that might be good for me?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
JDurling4,

Give a PM to Sergio at SDC Blades. His ID on TTD is Hipnotic

Let him know all the defined requirements, very exact specific requirements you want, the end state of how it shold feel and perform, as well as how it should look. Sergio0 will make a custom bat fitting your requirements. He is Europe based.

I recently ran a blade making challenge doing something similar. I invited blade makers on TTD to make a blade with some specific, some general, and some vague specs with a defined end state of feel and performance.

I selected him, since he is Europe based, which makes shipping and receiving easier.Others are also capable of doing the task, quite well indeed.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...Challenge-Custom-Der_Echte-Blade-Requirements

Reactions: IB66 and latej
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
JDurling4,

Give a PM to Sergio at SDC Blades. His ID on TTD is Hipnotic

Let him know all the defined requirements, very exact specific requirements you want, the end state of how it shold feel and perform, as well as how it should look. Sergio0 will make a custom bat fitting your requirements. He is Europe based.

I recently ran a blade making challenge doing something similar. I invited blade makers on TTD to make a blade with some specific, some general, and some vague specs with a defined end state of feel and performance.

I selected him, since he is Europe based, which makes shipping and receiving easier.Others are also capable of doing the task, quite well indeed.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...Challenge-Custom-Der_Echte-Blade-Requirements
I second that advice!! Defo give Sergio a shout!!