What is my USA rating?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018

Backhand seems to have improved. What was your rating before?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018

I don't know, the estimates ranged from 500 to 1800.

This is with the pimple beast Fextra blade.
I have since switched to the Ma Lin Carbon, which is tricky on the pimples but so much better on my fh.

It is a bit flatter now??

Not really. Out of the 4 backhands you had one flat hit.😅

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
And, to know your USATT rating, you still would have to play something like 10-30 tourneys to get an accurate rating because the rating is supposed to reflect how you fare against all kinds of players.

I know more than a few guys who can beat a fair amount of 1800 players but lose to some weird players who are only rated 12-1300 so their rating stays 1400-1500 because they can sort out those odd, awkward players who they think they are better than.

But, from this rally, you do look like you are playing well. You moved your feet on the return of serve which is big. You are using your BH quite well. You are using your FH effectively. There are no flat hits on the FH in that rally but you always have done that well. For you to have more power when spinning with the FH you would have to unlearn a few things are re-learn something slightly different. But I don't think it is an issue as you are placing the shots with the FH well even if it may not have the power you would like.

Reactions: KM1976 and MOG
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Don't believe anyone who tries to tell you their USATT rating without ever having played in a USATT sanctioned tournament and received a rating.

At about 1:42 in this video the caption is U1550 Triangle May Open 2017. Watch from their and see what you think:
Also, see if you can rate the players in the videos that follow:
One player is the same, second player is different:
The players below, their rating is listed. Are the guys below higher level than the players above, or no?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think this video is not bad for looking at these things. His rating is listed for each match in pink at the top right. So, something to note and look for is how, once this guys level goes higher than 1600, look at how much more spin he is putting on his shots:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Sometimes even I have a good rally with a few shots, usually about once a season.
What is my USA rating now?

Do not know about the ranking. I think you could try to take the ball earlier, like the first backhand. Need to play much harder if you wait for the ball at the highest point. Now you play rather soft and wait for the highest point so the opponent get an high soft ball. So take the ball earlier if you play softer and much harder at the highest point. With your forehand you can notice that have the racket pointing upward all the time so i think you lock you forearm and push the ball forward. If you could try to get the racket pointing more down, relax more in the arm arm swing more by snapping the forearm you will get much more power and spin.

Keep up the good work.

Reactions: MOG
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2020
Mog obviously it's hard to judge from 1 rally, but I would say this. I play league in the Seattle Wa area. I am usually towards the top of the 3rd (bottom) group for league nights. I have a 1228 rating, and have been playing competitively just this last year. My thoughts are you are a step ro two more advanced than myself. I think we would be competitive, but you would come out on top more times than not. So I will stick my neck out and get crucified by others and give you a rating of 1412. Normally our 2nd level league player group start at 1375. When I win my league one week I get to play in the 2nd level group the following week. I feel lucky if I win 2 out 6/7 matches at that level.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Nice rally! You are 1700 with the net ball, 1550 without. Lucky net balls are a very important part of the game for us short pips players.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: KM1976 and MOG

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Nice rally! You are 1700 with the net ball, 1550 without. Lucky net balls are a very important part of the game for us short pips players.

BRS I get loads of net balls, especially now I have switched to 1.5mm kieler.
I have also switched to Ma Lin Carbon and I am getting way more topspin than in this video from a few weeks ago.
And way more consistent in general.
Although the pips are a bit tricky on a thinner carbon blade.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016

Do not know about the ranking. I think you could try to take the ball earlier, like the first backhand. Need to play much harder if you wait for the ball at the highest point. Now you play rather soft and wait for the highest point so the opponent get an high soft ball. So take the ball earlier if you play softer and much harder at the highest point. With your forehand you can notice that have the racket pointing upward all the time so i think you lock you forearm and push the ball forward. If you could try to get the racket pointing more down, relax more in the arm arm swing more by snapping the forearm you will get much more power and spin.

Keep up the good work.

This is good information about the pimples for me especially, I do notice when I'm too soft on higher balls they bounce too high and get easily attacked.

Trying to unlock my forearm on forehand would be a massive change for me, I wonder if I could do it and maintain consistency.

Reactions: Lula and latej
This user has no status.
Mog obviously it's hard to judge from 1 rally, but I would say this. I play league in the Seattle Wa area. I am usually towards the top of the 3rd (bottom) group for league nights. I have a 1228 rating, and have been playing competitively just this last year. My thoughts are you are a step ro two more advanced than myself. I think we would be competitive, but you would come out on top more times than not. So I will stick my neck out and get crucified by others and give you a rating of 1412. Normally our 2nd level league player group start at 1375. When I win my league one week I get to play in the 2nd level group the following week. I feel lucky if I win 2 out 6/7 matches at that level.

😆 You are a true warrior. I have read this post many times and yet to be able to give a rating. I believe there are many of others are doing the same thing with me. You have done it very well, better than us!

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
MOG has put up full game or full match vids before...

In those vids, MOG sometimes plays brain dead, and will look and perform lower level than his normal level, if such a thing existed. That sounds bad, but USATT 2000 level players can also get brain dead and lose to players several levels below them too, so take it with a few kg of salt.

I suspect MOG would be 1500 here in Kaliforjia where I play - that is a couple levels above both the average and more importantly, the mean. He could maintain that level here if this place doesn't sink into the ocean after the next earthquake... but what the heck, the whole state is on track to burn down before that happens.