Good table tennis shoes brand for indoor and outdoor on hard floor

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Hello,
Could you guys can give me suggestion or reccomendation to get good table tennis shoes brand for indoor and outdoor on hard floor ?
here is the picture in indoor

and this one is outdoor

Sorry if the place to practice table tennis at my place is not as good as yours🙇

Thank you

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Sorry if the place to practice table tennis at my place is not as good as yours🙇
It looks better than many I have seen.

As for table tennis shoes, I can seriously recommend Andro Cross Step.
First, they provide exceptional grip on every surface I am playing on (from wooden floor to professional tournament flooring).
Second, my shoes have retained this grip despite being in use since the end of 2018 - even in a new hall where I have been warned to use some wet towel otherwise I´d slip, no problem. Maybe I move too little ;)
Third, there is no sign of other damage to seams etc.
Fourth, for this quality the price is low compared to other special TT shoes.

A couple Andro sponsored players I know have even switched back from using the leading brand Mizuno to these Andro shoes.

That said, I too have my reservations about concrete, but if you buy running shoes optimized for "inner city" they might just not be right for TT and no other sport is really performed on concrete (?) so there just might be no shoes optimized for this surface.

Sneakers.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
It looks like concrete indoors and outdoors. Why not get a pair of tennis shows? Many good brands available. Adidas, Asics, Nike, etc…

I don’t think true table tennis shoes will be so helpful on concrete.

Just my suggestion,
—Tim

Thanks for your suggestion Tim. Previously, I had thought about buying asics excounter or stiga liner 2 for consideration

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020

First, they provide exceptional grip on every surface I am playing on (from wooden floor to professional tournament flooring).
Second, my shoes have retained this grip despite being in use since the end of 2018 - even in a new hall where I have been warned to use some wet towel otherwise I´d slip, no problem. Maybe I move too little ;)

A couple Andro sponsored players I know have even switched back from using the leading brand Mizuno to these Andro shoes.

That said, I too have my reservations about concrete, but if you buy running shoes optimized for "inner city" they might just not be right for TT and no other sport is really performed on concrete (?) so there just might be no shoes optimized for this surface.

Nahhh thats good alternative for me
Thank you

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

I also used the Andro Cross Step and the grip is OK. My problem was that the sole wore down so quickly that I couldn't believe it. 2 months and I had no visible thread left where my big toes is and behind it where that ball of bone in on your foot. I used it on plastic hard floor. My Lezoline Mach is 1.5 years old and and it's now at the point where the Cross Step was at 2 months. (used in same conditions, Lezoline is also better grip for wood court)
Cushioning is also much worse than the Mach or on Mizuno shoes.
I can't fault the upper part tho, it seems like a shoe that won't fall apart, the upper part on mine looks like new... but the sole is a joke.

If you play on concrete I guess you can try badminton shoes since they are a bit more cushy, or go even further for volleyball shoes. Concrete doesn't have great grip anyways so you better off protecting your joints than worrying about spraining an ankle. Normally I don't recommend volleyball shoes but on concrete I think it's justified.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews

but the sole is a joke.

Then maybe I really don´t move enough ;)

Or my two pairs are exceptionally good, or yours wasn´t.

Really, my praise comes from conviction. I have one pair in regular use and a spare one I use way less frequently, and while you can tell them apart it´s not by a mile. And I´m a heavy guy...

Strange, maybe a matter of production tolerance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Then maybe I really don´t move enough ;)

Or my two pairs are exceptionally good, or yours wasn´t.

Really, my praise comes from conviction. I have one pair in regular use and a spare one I use way less frequently, and while you can tell them apart it´s not by a mile. And I´m a heavy guy...

Strange, maybe a matter of production tolerance.

Could be a production tolerance. I'm not entirely sure but I think I bought it around 2019 Nov, around the time the Rasanter R53 and this shoe was released as brand new? So maybe early production issues? By mid Feb 2020 I was already in my Lezoline Mach...
I'm ~69kg and move quite a lot indeed and normally my shoes don't last more than a year. The grip on the Cross Step was really not bad actually, just the durability and it was quite hard.
Still I think for concrete cushier volleyball or badminton would be better. If you play 90% concrete 10% indoor court then I'd go with a volleyball shoe, but if it's 50-50% then probably badminton. Badminton I would generally consider better for table tennis. The mentioned Asics Gel rockets do have a lot of positive reviews.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2021
With some experience playing on the street, mostly on concrete slabs, shoes get warn out and damaged pretty quickly. Investing in quality trainers does increase the life but it is hard to watch expensive gear get trashed so fast. I think the major factor is how much time you spend playing on these hard surfaces.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I can't stress enough how important the cushion of the shoes is when playing on concrete or other hard floors. TT shoes generally don't provide so good cushion. My only suggestion is to try some badminton or handball pairs whose soles are only a half centimeter thicker but the support for the heels and knees is waaay better

Reactions: SamTheMan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2021
I highly suggest you try the Vans Ultra Range shoes here. They were never built for our game but I’m telling you they are the best…bonus: street cred.