Rubber Recommendations for LGY ALC?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Hi TTD, I'm a returning player who have played casually for 4 years in elementary school before starting to commit to TT in college now. Have played with my current clcr with Hurricane 3 neo fh and Omega Pro 7 Euro for half a month now and I'm looking for an upgrade to a Lin Gauyuan ALC (got my friend into the game and decided to give him my blade atm), since my playstyle is BH oriented and do lots of banana flicks on serve receive. However the balls upon flicks, while landing on the table most of the time, are usually slow.
Currently looking into G-1 (2.0 or max) / MXP for FH (could stick to H3 neo though), and D05/MXP for BH (leaning towards D05). Heard a lot say its the match for the LGY ALC (since LGY himself has D05 BH) while some suggest staying away from it due to its hardness. I'm confident in my FH loops with the H3, but the arc is quite low to my liking. It could be my technique, but given the ALC is a faster blade in general, I'd prefer some extra safety to clear the net with a higher arc.
Also open to any recommendations though! Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Hi TTD, I'm a returning player who have played casually for 4 years in elementary school before starting to commit to TT in college now. Have played with my current clcr with Hurricane 3 neo fh and Omega Pro 7 Euro for half a month now and I'm looking for an upgrade to a Lin Gauyuan ALC (got my friend into the game and decided to give him my blade atm), since my playstyle is BH oriented and do lots of banana flicks on serve receive. However the balls upon flicks, while landing on the table most of the time, are usually slow.
Currently looking into G-1 (2.0 or max) / MXP for FH (could stick to H3 neo though), and D05/MXP for BH (leaning towards D05). Heard a lot say its the match for the LGY ALC (since LGY himself has D05 BH) while some suggest staying away from it due to its hardness. I'm confident in my FH loops with the H3, but the arc is quite low to my liking. It could be my technique, but given the ALC is a faster blade in general, I'd prefer some extra safety to clear the net with a higher arc.
Also open to any recommendations though! Thanks in advance!

Depends on how strong is your arm swing on BH. If you have a strong swing the harder D05 could be a benefit. But since Dignics has a higher curve in all versions compared to Tenergy, you could go with D80 or D64 too. And D80 and D64 has a softer touch compared to D05 due to the pimple structure of the topsheet. If your armswing is not that strong or quick, you can go down to Tenergy. I personally use Rozena on my BH, since I can get it for like 20EUR, and it's really easy to banana flick with it, and overall it's a nice rubber. But if I couldn't get it for so cheap I'd probably use D80 or I'm actually interested in Mizuno Q3.

On FH you probably should keep H3N if you're fine with it. If you want a higher arc you can try D09c or some hybrid rubbers like the Tibhar K2 or Donic Bluegrip series, Joola Golden Tango etc etc. But D09c has a higher arc than the hybrids. The best thing about these rubbers is that they won't feel as foreign after H3N.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
I have used H3 fh d05 bh for the past 5 months or so. I'd strongly recommend D05 over MXP for the durability and consistency. MXP is top notch but have heard it quickly deteriorates.

Also, if your looking at switching FH check out T05H. I recently wanted to try something a little easier to use and T05H fits the bill perfectly. D05 felt to soft and has a very strong catapult effect while T05H is more in-between H3 and D05.

LGY is a great blade and it is identical to Viscaria, Timo Boll ALC, ZJK ALC, & Timo Boll Spirit.

My 2 fav blades I play right now are LYJ szlc & Franziska/Apolonia ZLC.

This user has no status.
I have used H3 fh d05 bh for the past 5 months or so. I'd strongly recommend D05 over MXP for the durability and consistency. MXP is top notch but have heard it quickly deteriorates.

Also, if your looking at switching FH check out T05H. I recently wanted to try something a little easier to use and T05H fits the bill perfectly. D05 felt to soft and has a very strong catapult effect while T05H is more in-between H3 and D05.

LGY is a great blade and it is identical to Viscaria, Timo Boll ALC, ZJK ALC, & Timo Boll Spirit.

My 2 fav blades I play right now are LYJ szlc & Franziska/Apolonia ZLC.

May I ask some question about H3 on LYJ. Now I play with LYJ szlc like you, but I use D05 on FH & TG19 on BH. I use H3 prov on FH before but can't control (H3 control only 70% but D05 about 95% precision is very good). Why you use china wiht szlc blade (not alc) and how to control when we play close to the table and counter attack? Thank you inadvance for you suggestion.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Stuck with H3N fh and went with T05 bh at the end. Agree that butterfly blades are better off paired with butterfly rubbers. Its a big purchase but I'm confident that I'll like the combo. Appreciate all the feedback!