A rubber recommendation for something with tacky top sheet and eu style sponge?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
So i have a xiom zx1 (cp) and it came with a omega v eu on the forehand, Im ok with how it feels but are there any rubbers with tacky topsheet and a eu sponge cause im used to a hurricane 8 but i would also like more speed

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Donic have 5 tacky rubbers with bouncy sponges,
Bluegrip series,
from memory
the 1st versions were V1 50 degree sponge fine pore, R1,50 degree sponge medium pore
2nd C1 60 degree sponge, C2 55 degree sponge
latest is S2, uses Acuda S2’s soft controlled sponge.

Xiom Omega Guang 55 degree sponge, Omega Ying 60 degree sponge
Xiom Tau 2, veering more towards a Chinese tacky rubber (CTR), but sponge has a little more bounce.

Yasaka Rakza Z and Rakza Z EH (extra hard)

Loki Arthur Asia and Europe, hard and mid hard sponges

Nittaku Sieger PK50, think this is a 50 degree sponge

Victas Triple Extra and Triple Double Extra, TE has softer sponge than TDE, both play more towards CTR, jury is out on durability of TDE, couple of forum members have had issues with the top sheets.

Joola also have the Std Golden Tango, harder sponge than the PS version. They also have Dynaryz ZGR, their latest rubber with a ‘slightly tacky surface’

DHS 8-80, plays a little more bouncy than H8/H3/H3Neo, maybe more like a boosted H3Neo, when boosted some forum members have said it plays well. I use it un-boosted and like it a lot!!

there’s still more out there!! Tooo much choice!!!

Reactions: Tipiak
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Huh wow i didn't expect this many rubbers, the only one I've heard of is the xiom guang i have tried the h8 with 37 sponge but it's a bit slow (altho the loops are crazy good)

and it seems like many companies are seeing the benefits of a tacky topsheet