Best blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021
I am planning to buy a butterfly ALC blade, thinking between harimoto ALC and ovtcharov ALC. Any experiences with these blades?
Also, best rubber for these blades?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021
Hi, To be honest, I fell in love with the design at first sight and bought it, but it was a pretty good work.
I usually use Arnade inner, and I put the same rubber on both sides and compared.
The weight of Arnade was 2g heavier (naturally there are individual differences), but the feeling of shaking was heavier for Ovcharov.
I think that the center of gravity is closer to the tip because the blade is a little big.
Please note that it feels heavier than the actual weight.
According to the recipient, Ovcharov felt the ball heavier.
In addition, the goodness of the inner on the table is good and it fits well.
In addition, the slightly rounded grip shape made it easy for me to grip, which was also GOOD.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
I am planning to buy a butterfly ALC blade, thinking between harimoto ALC and ovtcharov ALC. Any experiences with these blades?
Also, best rubber for these blades?

If you scream like Harimoto then you should...
If you moan like Ovtcharov then you should...
As for rubber, it would be blasphemous to use any non-Butterfly rubber, preferable Dignics and / or Tenergy.
😁

• Haha
Reactions: langel and lodro
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021

If you scream like Harimoto then you should...
If you moan like Ovtcharov then you should...
As for rubber, it would be blasphemous to use any non-Butterfly rubber, preferable Dignics and / or Tenergy.
😁

Something I want to add about using Butterfly rubber. You may think I am joking or pulling a fast one about using only Tenergy or Dignics on these top of the line premium blade, but, please hear me out.

Harimoto, Ovtcharov or any of these top of the line blade from Butterfly are what we can consider super fast sportscar. Let's say you buy a top of the line Mercedes AMG and if you do not use Mercedes original parts, but substitute with other brand, somehow you will never be satisfied. There is an element of ego at play actually. If one can spend money on these type of top of the line products, surely you will never satisfy your curiosity nor ego if you do not use their top of the line rubber i,e, Dignics or Tenergy.

Let say you put on Rakza, I bet my last dollar in your mind you will think, how will this blade act when I put on Dignics or Tenergy. After all, most of us are hobbyist and not strictly professionals and sometimes we do things just to satisfy our ego trip. To show-off to our club mates and get a little bragging rights over some beer and buffalo wings. After all this part and parcel of social life. There is nothing wrong in a little bit of such indulgence.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Something I want to add about using Butterfly rubber. You may think I am joking or pulling a fast one about using only Tenergy or Dignics on these top of the line premium blade, but, please hear me out.

Harimoto, Ovtcharov or any of these top of the line blade from Butterfly are what we can consider super fast sportscar. Let's say you buy a top of the line Mercedes AMG and if you do not use Mercedes original parts, but substitute with other brand, somehow you will never be satisfied. There is an element of ego at play actually. If one can spend money on these type of top of the line products, surely you will never satisfy your curiosity nor ego if you do not use their top of the line rubber i,e, Dignics or Tenergy.

Let say you put on Rakza, I bet my last dollar in your mind you will think, how will this blade act when I put on Dignics or Tenergy. After all, most of us are hobbyist and not strictly professionals and sometimes we do things just to satisfy our ego trip. To show-off to our club mates and get a little bragging rights over some beer and buffalo wings. After all this part and parcel of social life. There is nothing wrong in a little bit of such indulgence.

People are very silly and this post is very silly too. But still, there are people who get rubbers or blades for reasons like the ones described in this post. However, not everyone is quite that shallow and some people actually know and can tell what equipment works for them.

I personally know I can use pretty much anything and be fine.

• Haha
Reactions: Gozo Aruna
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
People are very silly and this post is very silly too. But still, there are people who get rubbers or blades for reasons like the ones described in this post. However, not everyone is quite that shallow and some people actually know and can tell what equipment works for them.

I personally know I can use pretty much anything and be fine.

There exist such player type as I described earlier and there also exist such player type as described by Carl and there also exist some players in between these two extremes hence to each his own.

May you be well and happy, live long and prosper friend.

Last edited: