Soft rubber suggestion

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021
Hey guys,

back in the days I had the Donic Desto F3 and it was perfect for me but this was probably over 10 years ago and I´ve been told the rubber is whole different now.
So yea would love to get some soft rubber suggestions from you :)
got a fast ZLC blade and I´m a topspin player nothing too special, pretty standart I´d say.

Thanks alot !
T.

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Hey guys,

back in the days I had the Donic Desto F3 and it was perfect for me but this was probably over 10 years ago and I´ve been told the rubber is whole different now.
So yea would love to get some soft rubber suggestions from you :)
got a fast ZLC blade and I´m a topspin player nothing too special, pretty standart I´d say.

Thanks alot !
T.

Soft rubber:
1) Soft Mushy rubber without power sponge: Yasaka Mark V
2) Soft Mushy rubber with power sponge: Donic Bluefire M3, Acuda S3 or any of those Donic rubber marked "3" e.g., M3, S3, Z3 etc...
3) Modern rubber Tenergy 05fx, 64fx, 80fx note the 'FX' marking
4) On the chinese side of things you have DHS Hurricane 3 and neo Hurricane 3 with 37 degree hardness if you prefer soft and tacky rubber.

Hope this helps.

Yasaka Rakza 7 is plenty soft, both in feel and in numbers...

If thats not enough You have Rakza 7 soft. This one is soft enough for me to use on a Primorac Carbon,
which was at one time ranked as the fastest blade ever...

I came back a year ago after 40+ years of abscense...

Cheers
L-zr

says Currently in a dilemma between 5+2 or 7 ply allwood blade
says Currently in a dilemma between 5+2 or 7 ply allwood blade
May 2021
Nowadays, perhaps Xiom vega euro, Nittaku fastarc s-1 or flyatt soft (fastarc being faster, and flyatt has more control since the ball digs deeper into the topsheet and sponge compared to fastarc), Stiga mantra S or DNA S, Tibhar Evolution FX-P or FX-S, BTY Tenergy 05fx (definitely feels waaayyyyy bouncy), and sooooo many other with sponge hardnes ESN-scale 42.5 degree and lower. Generally, most newer generation rubber bites the ball better, but also more sensitive to spin compared to desto (due to my experience as someone who has bought 4-5 pcs of desto f3 big slam to put on the backhand side of every blade I used, before short pips came into my TT life 🤣)

Until now actually desto series still serve the purpose well for a backhand rubber for someone looking for controlled backhand strokes, keeping rallies on, though it lacks the spin to give pressure to opponents, compared to newer generation rubbers. You can't expect a one-hit-winner with desto, but somehow the ball keeps going in no matter what, and the rally goes on 😋