Future equipment help

This user has no status.
Hello. I am looking for a setup for my style. I have a good technique that is like a hybrid between european and chinese technique. My equipment choises are: 1. Tibhar Force Pro (blue) with Tibhar Hybrid K1 European version 2.0mm on forehand and Tibhar Evolution ELS 1.9/2.0mm on backhand. 2. Tibhar Force Pro Black Edition with 2 Tibhar Aurus Sounds 1.9mm. My level is 3rd division so pretty good for a 15 year old boy. I am looking for a setup that would suit my style so if you have any other recommendations, please suggest them in the comments. Thank you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021
Hello. I am looking for a setup for my style. I have a good technique that is like a hybrid between european and chinese technique. My equipment choises are: 1. Tibhar Force Pro (blue) with Tibhar Hybrid K1 European version 2.0mm on forehand and Tibhar Evolution ELS 1.9/2.0mm on backhand. 2. Tibhar Force Pro Black Edition with 2 Tibhar Aurus Sounds 1.9mm. My level is 3rd division so pretty good for a 15 year old boy. I am looking for a setup that would suit my style so if you have any other recommendations, please suggest them in the comments. Thank you.
search on youtube for an equipment guide made by coach lin , he has a playlist of 3 videos explaining to you what and how to choose rubbers based on style

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 1 reviews

Butterfly Viscaria, Dignics 09c and Dignics 05 ;)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

......Content removed

......Content removed

Bilge, Ahma, I am going to ask you guys to ignore each other.

Bilge, spam on a TT site refers to people posting links to sites and products that don't have anything to do with table tennis.

I think your actual point is that Ahma seems to ask the same questions over and over and over.

I think it is worth understanding that this is how the mind of a 15 year old sometimes works. I would just ignore posts and threads from him in the future.

Ahma, YOU CANNOT CALL SOMEONE A NAME LIKE: "IDIOT".

I won't warn you about that again. Even if you feel you are being harassed, you cannot call people names. END OF STORY.

And you might do well noting how people at some point get tired of the same forum member asking the same questions about the same equipment over and over.

Maybe reread some of your old threads.

But both of you, you are not to directly interact and I don't want to see personal attacks.

The posts I am referring to will be deleted after I post this.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: ADurao
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
BTW: for information I decided to look: Ahma, you have started 27 threads. Of those, only two were about something else besides equipment.

Of the 25 that were about equipment, I could probably merge them into 3 threads that covered the different categories of what you were asking for. :)

I will think about if I should do that. But I am going to start by merging some of the old ones.

Reactions: Gozo Aruna
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

Ahma, I seem to remember you mentioning in one of your early posts that you have a coach. Or at least that there is a coach at your club and that he/she had made some encouraging comments about your technique. Is that correct, or am I mixing up your story with someone else's? (Quite possible!)

If you do have a coach, or access to a coach, I really think you should take his/her advice on your equipment selection.

It's all good fun trying different equipment and debating the pros and cons of different blades/rubbers with others on this forum. But if you are serious about wanting to become a competitive player (and, again, I think I remember you saying something along those lines) then you need to stick with a suitable setup for a long time - and a local coach (or experienced player) is best placed to advise you on that.

For reference, when I was your age I knew players - all in their teens - who were competing at national level (some of whom went on to compete internationally) and none of them changed rubbers. Ever. Some used Mark V, some Sriver, others Coppa - but for about 10 years (ie. as long as I knew them) none of them ever changed to a different rubber. In terms of blades, most upgraded from the Stiga Allround Classic to something faster after about 3 or 4 years, but then kept the same blade and never changed it again.

So, if TT is just a bit of fun for you then carry on experimenting and enjoy it as long as your budget allows! But if you're serious about reaching a high level then you'll need a different approach.

Your current setup, I think, is a Xiom Offensive S with Tibhar EL-S both sides. Is that correct? If so, I assure you that setup can take you all the way to (at least) regional/national junior elite.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 1 reviews

That would be good but too expensive

More or less. Viscaria is "forever". As much as you want to invent it is a fabulous blade and worth all the money compared to others. The dignics last a long time. You always have the Tenergy 05 or another also last a long time and the price difference is ridiculous compared to other brands. In the end, it's even cheaper than the slightly cheaper blades from other brands. experience from someone you know and deserves itYou buy a good cover, keep it in a not too humid place, always wash the rubber after playing with a good product and you'll see that it lasts a lifetime.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 1 reviews

Ahma, I seem to remember you mentioning in one of your early posts that you have a coach. Or at least that there is a coach at your club and that he/she had made some encouraging comments about your technique. Is that correct, or am I mixing up your story with someone else's? (Quite possible!)

If you do have a coach, or access to a coach, I really think you should take his/her advice on your equipment selection.

It's all good fun trying different equipment and debating the pros and cons of different blades/rubbers with others on this forum. But if you are serious about wanting to become a competitive player (and, again, I think I remember you saying something along those lines) then you need to stick with a suitable setup for a long time - and a local coach (or experienced player) is best placed to advise you on that.

For reference, when I was your age I knew players - all in their teens - who were competing at national level (some of whom went on to compete internationally) and none of them changed rubbers. Ever. Some used Mark V, some Sriver, others Coppa - but for about 10 years (ie. as long as I knew them) none of them ever changed to a different rubber. In terms of blades, most upgraded from the Stiga Allround Classic to something faster after about 3 or 4 years, but then kept the same blade and never changed it again.

So, if TT is just a bit of fun for you then carry on experimenting and enjoy it as long as your budget allows! But if you're serious about reaching a high level then you'll need a different approach.

Your current setup, I think, is a Xiom Offensive S with Tibhar EL-S both sides. Is that correct? If so, I assure you that setup can take you all the way to (at least) regional/national junior elite.

Hope that helps.

without creating discussion and that I understand the theory of keeping the same blade but only at the beginning to improve the technique. After that any top 100 player handles 3 different types of blades with the same handle. An example of this is Ma Long. It depends on the coach's strategy with the player, state of mind, confidence and what opponent material he uses. I for example have Viscaria, Donic Senso N1 and Butterfly Ovtacharov inner Alc, they are 3 completely different blades that allow me completely different strategies and I use all 3 regularly. My rubbers are always around Dignics 09c, dignics 05 and tenergy 05. If an opponent comes to me with Hurricane 3 I immediately use a set that has dignics 09c which is 2 setups i have. If I come up with Thibar I'm comfortable with any set . In Dan's Review with Ovtacharov about Donic Senso n1 he assumes this change of blades by Ma Long. We don't talk about it because it's not interesting to know, they hide a lot in professional table tennis hahahahaha. Timo Boll in the European championship used the primorac because he totally dominates it and trains with it and with other blades certainly. Same blade, yes. But in the beginning, later on you must master different types of blades. It's just a different point of view, I don't in any way want to contradict anyone.