DHS Hurricane 3 Neo - Soft

CLV

This user has no status.

CLV

This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Guys,

I play a butterfly O9C and and a Tenergy 5 on my regular blade. I'm building a spare blade for backup during competition,
but think the butterfly rubbers are to expensive to just be spares.

I've played boosted DHS 3 neo in FH before. So planning on using it as a forehand sparerubber.
Backhand I'm was thinking about Tibhar Aurus. I can get them really cheap in the club.
But the DHS Neo soft 37 sparked my interest.

Are there players who play it on BH? Did you have to adjust your technique a lot?
What are you expierences?

Cheers
Pieter

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I play a butterfly O9C and and a Tenergy 5 on my regular blade. I'm building a spare blade for backup during competition,

I've played boosted DHS 3 neo in FH before. So planning on using it as a forehand sparerubber.
Backhand I'm was thinking about Tibhar Aurus. I can get them really cheap in the club.

Are there players who play it on BH? Did you have to adjust your technique a lot?

I like the control, in short game, in flicks and also on stronger top-spins - I may need to apply brake with faster rubber, which I don't want to. And the spin produced. I don't feel I had to change the technique, in compare to euro-like or hybrids. I prefer H41 on FH, gives more "resistance", and similarly H37 on BH, things are easier. It is not very fast, but that I don't need so much now. I've couple of new sheets, so will stick with it - even though some other rubbers recently discussed, like H8-80, look interesting. I don't want to compare it to the other rubbers I used on BH, because that would be laughable - note that certain TTD member, who tried virtually all released and un-released rubbers, is using the H37 - just in case you're hesitant. Still, I personally wouldn't use different rubber categories for backup.

I tried both commercial and provincial, I can't really distinguish - lately I bought provincial only because I wanted to have the same on FH and BH, and on FH I wanted to have the looks of the blue sponge, which is not available on commercial, so that lead to provincial H37. Btw. I can't really distinguish the BS and OS on H41 neither, but I need the blue sponge!

Reactions: Richie
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Guys,

Cheers
Pieter
Sorry to jump in your thread but I use D09C on fh and was looking at trying H3Neo on fh and wonder what difference you find between them. Obviously boosted H3N. I’m looking at trying a Chinese rubber of fh and compare it to D09C. I’m looking at H3 prov orange sponge, H3NEO or Skyline 3-60.

CLV

This user has no status.

CLV

This user has no status.
Sep 2020
For me the serves and pushs are easier with the H3. Topspins are very spinny with both rubbers. But h3 has the special kick. 09c has more speed and more power. Its also easier to flat hit.
09C feels a bit more forgiving when out of position. But that could be because of improvement in my footwork

Just my two cents

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Guys,I play a butterfly O9C and and a Tenergy 5 on my regular blade. I'm building a spare blade for backup during competition,but think the butterfly rubbers are to expensive to just be spares.I've played boosted DHS 3 neo in FH before. So planning on using it as a forehand sparerubber.Backhand I'm was thinking about Tibhar Aurus. I can get them really cheap in the club.But the DHS Neo soft 37 sparked my interest.Are there players who play it on BH? Did you have to adjust your technique a lot?What are you expierences?CheersPieter

Hello friend Pieter,

I have a piece of DHS H3 37 degrees boosted on the BH side of a Palio brand 5 ply all wood blade that is very cheap and I mainly use it for experimentation nowadays.

I originally bought for my young kid to play TT but he never showed any interest at all. Sorry I digressed...

Anyway, as a BH rubber it is not so ideal. Here is why.

BH is a weaker stroke compared to FH as the centrifugal force that can be generated by a BH stroke is less than a FH stroke due to our biomechanics. Hence you need some form of assistance and this is where power sponge ( e.g., Tensor rubber ) comes in. DHS neo or non neo H3 with soft sponge can generate good spin and is suitable for near table play but once if you are forced to far or mid distance by your opponent, you will be at an disadvantage because your return can be weak.

However, if you possesses the technical expertise and physical attribute of Ma Long, then all the above conventional wisdom does not apply 😁.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
For me the serves and pushs are easier with the H3. Topspins are very spinny with both rubbers. But h3 has the special kick. 09c has more speed and more power. Its also easier to flat hit.
09C feels a bit more forgiving when out of position. But that could be because of improvement in my footwork

Just my two cents

Is there significant speed difference between H3 boosted and D09C? I had been using Harimoto ALC and ApoloniaZLC but have recently got Mizutani ZLC all 3 blades have D09C and D80 on them. I want to try H3 now that I have Mizutani which is faster blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
There's a recent video from TT11 comparing H3Neo (boosted with one layer Falco Long ) to D09c, Rakza Z and BlueGrip C2

From my experience with H3(Neo) vs Rakza Z I would say that the comparison quite matches my thoughts on these rubbers although I don't like the high throw of the Rakza Z and it's (slight) springiness (harder to keep serves and returns short).
H3Neo 37° on backhand: More spin than any Tensor rubber Made in Germany that I tried (Vega Pro, FastArc G-1 etc.), better short game, serves and flicks over the table if played right (H3 does not like laziness) but for me it is too strenuous further away from the table even boosted with two layers of Seamoon (played with it on TSP/Victas Swat and Yinhe V14 Pro). Interestingly though I find it easier to play the Victas Triple Extra on my backhand than the H3 37 although it has a harder sponge...

Reactions: TaiHaoPingPong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2021
H3Neo 37° on backhand: More spin than any Tensor rubber Made in Germany that I tried (Vega Pro, FastArc G-1 etc.), better short game, serves and flicks over the table if played right (H3 does not like laziness) but for me it is too strenuous further away from the table even boosted with two layers of Seamoon

Since H3 doesn't like laziness as you say, do you think it (or other even harder chinese rubbers for that matter) could be useful in developing a more brushing backhand stroke than tensors?

Background: I think I just get away with hitting the ball on BH sometimes whereas I'd like it to be brushier. I've been using Vega Europe on my backhand but wonder if switching to H3 (or other hard tacky) could help optimise my stroke. My focus right now isnt on winning but rather just improving so I don't really care if it won't bring the most points. I use H3 on forehand and on my backhand I very rarely get that same satisfying feeling of quality brushing contact that I get on fh topspins.

CLV

This user has no status.

CLV

This user has no status.
Sep 2020

Hello friend Pieter,

I have a piece of DHS H3 37 degrees boosted on the BH side of a Palio brand 5 ply all wood blade that is very cheap and I mainly use it for experimentation nowadays.

I originally bought for my young kid to play TT but he never showed any interest at all. Sorry I digressed...

Anyway, as a BH rubber it is not so ideal. Here is why.

BH is a weaker stroke compared to FH as the centrifugal force that can be generated by a BH stroke is less than a FH stroke due to our biomechanics. Hence you need some form of assistance and this is where power sponge ( e.g., Tensor rubber ) comes in. DHS neo or non neo H3 with soft sponge can generate good spin and is suitable for near table play but once if you are forced to far or mid distance by your opponent, you will be at an disadvantage because your return can be weak.

However, if you possesses the technical expertise and physical attribute of Ma Long, then all the above conventional wisdom does not apply 😁.

I don´t have that power or stamina. But in my backhand i´m mainly about pushing blocking and down the line fast hits. I do spin once in a while, but just as an opener. I try to stay close to table in BH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews

Since H3 doesn't like laziness as you say, do you think it (or other even harder chinese rubbers for that matter) could be useful in developing a more brushing backhand stroke than tensors?

Ymmv... Learning and advancing a technique is possible with (almost) every rubber :) In my case I would say that the H3 helped advance my backhand technique.

Background: I think I just get away with hitting the ball on BH sometimes whereas I'd like it to be brushier. I've been using Vega Europe on my backhand but wonder if switching to H3 (or other hard tacky) could help optimise my stroke. My focus right now isnt on winning but rather just improving so I don't really care if it won't bring the most points. I use H3 on forehand and on my backhand I very rarely get that same satisfying feeling of quality brushing contact that I get on fh topspins.

If you use H3 on your forehand simply try that on your backhand in your next training session. The usual H3 might have a too hard sponge for backhand in general but you should get that "satisfying feeling" at least on (full) power strokes. If it's too hard but you like the overall feeling of a H3 on your backhand get a H3 with 37°
From https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?23824-Liang-Jingkun-s-Rubbers-(Chinese-Warm-up-Olympics)&p=322407&viewfull=1#post322407 "Zhang Chao shared his view on the match b/w FZD and LJK, and pointed out LJK played with RED@43°/2.1mm and [email protected]°/2.1mm. Zhang Chao had a few hits with it, saying "I have a pretty strong BH here, but I couldn't play with it..."" That's this match https://youtu.be/AZexnap_-OQ?t=267

Last edited: