Hardbat blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021
I got an old hardbat from my grandad. From around the 50-60s. If I would take away the old hardbat rubbers, and put on some old professional rubbers i have laying around, could i perhaps get a decent paddle. Are old hardbat blades good quality?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021
first take the old rubbers off and hold a straight-edge over the blade. They are often warped and bend.
If it is straight - why not 😁

The blade is perfectly flat, no chipping on the edges, and the lacquer is great. 👍😁

I got an old hardbat from my grandad. From around the 50-60s. If I would take away the old hardbat rubbers, and put on some old professional rubbers i have laying around, could i perhaps get a decent paddle. Are old hardbat blades good quality?
Rubbers age even when they are not in use. So bear in mind that those “old professional rubbers” you have may not be usable.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021
Rubbers age even when they are not in use. So bear in mind that those “old professional rubbers” you have may not be usable.

Cheers
L-zr

Oh the rubbers are just my old ones that i switched out, dont worry 😃

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021

UpSideDownCarl;352234It may be a collector's item. Take photos of it. Post on the forum. Let's see what you have.

There is a possibility that it is worth more how it is than it will be if you mess with it. :)
Heres some pictures, it is a St Brite, i find hardly any information about this brand, it seems to be a japanese brand, I am from sweden btw, The wierdest thing is that the rubber is blue, the only pictures i have seen of these hardbats are either green or red?? 😃

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Heres some pictures, it is a St Brite, i find hardly any information about this brand, it seems to be a japanese brand, I am from sweden btw, The wierdest thing is that the rubber is blue, the only pictures i have seen of these hardbats are either green or red?? [emoji2]

Oh man. It is in great shape. Don’t do anything to it. Keep it how it is.

Back then they made rubbers of all kinds of colors.

• Haha
Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021
Oh man. It is in great shape. Don’t do anything to it. Keep it how it is.

Back then they made rubbers of all kinds of colors.

Yessir 😁👍, I have another old lion blade where the rubbers are already off because they were completely wrecked, I'll just use that one 😁