I am pnachtwey or Peter Nachtwey, the engineer/entrepaneur

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I started play TT just before freshman year in high school. I broke my right wrist so I couldn't play high school football for a few weeks. I played left handed through my sophomore year in college. I was 5th best at Oregon State in the spring tournament. The next year 3 of the 4 above me left so I lost interest in TT plus I had engineering studies to do.

38 years later, I own an industrial controls company and someone brought a TT table from home and put it in an empty space. I got hooked again. That was 12 years ago 2009. When I started playing at the Portland Table Tennis Club the club president estimated my rating at about 1100. Somehow TT players with a higher rating think they know more than someone with a 1100 rating. This is very false. They didn't consider what had happened in the 38 years.

I joined Adm Rickover's nuclear navy. I was interviewed by him twice. There is a video on YouTube about Adm Rickover and the interview scene is very realistic.
While waiting to go to nuclear power school I got a chance to take two dives on the Mystic.

What the people on OOAK and mytt didn't seem to understand is that a lot happened in the 38 years. When I
https://www.history.navy.mil/conten...rch-and-recovery-equipment/mystic-dsrv-1.html
I went down to 2237 ft to the bottom of the ocean off of San Diego. I have a picture of the document.
I was 1/3 that graduated from nuclear power school from Oregon State University. You need to be smart but also be able to handle stress.
I was Reactor Controls Officer on nuclear fast attack in dry dock. I didn't like the navy BS and 3 mile Island but a nail in the coffin of nuclear power

When I got out in 1980 I was supposed to take it easy for the rest of the year but a head hunter found a job for me in December. In February I was running the software department. I really hadn't been trained as a programmer but it was intuitive to me. Also, in the summer of 1980 I entered in the first man-machine Otherllo tournament.
https://www.othelloonline.org/
I place 7th in the world. I was never trained on how to write programs like Othello or Chess. I met the early who's who in computer chess and Othello.

In 1982 I was working as a system integrator for automating saw mills and veneer mills. I had been in Japan 2 times install equipment over there. I got laid off or fired in 1982 because I wasn't a "team player". Actually, I thought the management was incompetent. However now many years later this same company is one of my better customers. It took awhile to realize what I was do was the right way.

In 2006 I was interviewed by the IEEE.org. I caught the attention of the IEEE VP for challenging some the "conventional wisdom" of so called experts. My math/calculations could not be refuted.

Now 40 years later I am retired. I am internationally known. My company sells world wide. We are small less that 50 people. Our biggest competition is Siemens, Bosch and Beckoff. Our sales are up. I am still a moderator on a Chinese servo control forum. Someone on the Chinese forum pointed out that I was inducted into the International Fluid Power Societies Hall of Fame. I was never trained in hydraulic servo control. I still write magazine articles. I have written many articles for engineering magazines.

Over 12 years the TT forums just haven't got it. They criticize without knowing. I am the one person that has the resources to answer all the equipment questions for good. I have enough money to buy a new sheet of Dignics every day but I know that won' t make me a better TT player. I have a high speed camera. I have posted some of the videos of my old high black and white camera but now I have color high speed camera that is much better.
Don't believe me. I don't believe anything I hear until I verify it. However you can do a google search for
"Peter Nachtwey testing"
and see the results.
I don't have D-K syndrome. I am that good.

There is so much that is intuitive to me. I also have a fantastic memory which is both a blessing and a curse. How would you like to remember all the stupid things you have done in your life?

Yes, I am weird/different.

BTW, I terrorize engineering sites too
https://control.com/technical-articles/what-is-fuzzy-logic/

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
😎now i am brokenball- destroyer of misconceptions but i am yet to reach my most powerful form!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
You are also very accomplished and diligent in arrogance.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
So it is OK to show off as long as it is about TT. OK.
The most significant thing is that I can tell the difference between BS and fact.
BTW, if you get to retirement and haven't done anything significant, isn't that a wasted life?
Also, you got the short list.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Something like this happens if there is no one left to tell him how great you are,
when the own family does not want to hear about it anymore,
when all friends run away because they fear to hear the story for the fifth time
and even the parking meter is broken and can no longer listen.

Sorry guy, you may be the best on earth in what you usually do, but .....

brokenball;352302
I am the one person that has the resources to answer all the equipment questions for good.

it is absolutely arrogant if someone thinks he would be the best in everything.

brokenball;352302
if you get to retirement and haven't done anything significant, isn't that a wasted life?

And how can you know that we haven't? Only because we are not continuously talking about us?

For me it would be terrible if my friends would run away from me because they no longer want to listen to me
and that i would have to register on foreign forums to tell the members how great i am - no matter if they want to hear that or not.

brokenball;352302
I don't have D-K syndrome. I am that good.

I am sure you have.

Here in this forum we are not intelligent enough to understand you and your brilliant thoughts.
And it seems as if that happens to you in each forum.

brokenball;352302
What the people on OOAK and mytt didn't seem to understand, ...

Well. You live in your own world. Therefore we are simply not able to understand you.

Good by

Last edited:
So it is OK to show off as long as it is about TT. OK.
The most significant thing is that I can tell the difference between BS and fact.
BTW, if you get to retirement and haven't done anything significant, isn't that a wasted life?
Also, you got the short list.

What would the Queen be without all the worker bees...

This user has no status.
Peter, once again no one doubts your intelligence or such. Your aim of defeating hokum in table tennis is great and you understand your concepts perfectly

but you do NOT understand table tennis and how it works in practice. And also berate and insult anyone who points out you've missed the point of it all. As such you try to apply theories in the wrong ways giving importance to things that don't matter and missing the point at hand.

Like the common engineering thought experiment for the masses. The Airplane on a treadmill problem, you can dive any amount of depth into why it wouldn't take off because of the way powered wheels work but miss the point that the wheels are not powered and therefore the beautiful theories are wrong because of a bad assumption.

All the great painters of old managed to perfect their art and teach it well without knowing how a chromophore works or what it even is.

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Einstein or some great mind once said, if you are truly a master or expert in a certain subject, then the real test is to be able to explain that subject matter in a manner that even a regular grandmother can understand it.

One who can explain those scientific mumbo-jumbo so that a regular untrained person can understand, even without self advertising, your audience or reader will automatically view you as an expert.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Peter, once again no one doubts your intelligence or such. Your aim of defeating hokum in table tennis is great and you understand your concepts perfectly

but you do NOT understand table tennis and how it works in practice.
Yes I do. If you want me to take you seriously you will provide examples.
I know how to optimize trajectory of balls and understand the physics perfectly.
I shake my head when I see equipment threads like what paddle should I buy or what rubber should I buy.
It doesn't make that much difference unless you are buying pips or anti.
Normal inverted rubber can generate the same impulse. The required stroke may be different.
Do you know what an impulse is?
If two different sets of equipment can generate the same impulse under the same conditions then the result will be the same. T05 or dignics is not required.
Too many rely on equipment and not getting into a better physical condition.

And also berate and insult anyone who points out you've missed the point of it all.
I haven't berated or insult anybody. Show us!
If people feel insulted or haven't accomplished enough in their life, that is their problem. Their insecurity. That is not my problem.

As such you try to apply theories in the wrong ways giving importance to things that don't matter and missing the point at hand.
Give an example. It had better be good.
I think my point that the equipment doesn't matter as much as physical condition and skill is valid and most important.

That advertisement to the right, "made for me, made for you" is BS. If you want to see a good thread then get that fool in the advertisement here on this forum and explain it to me.

Like the common engineering thought experiment for the masses. The Airplane on a treadmill problem, you can dive any amount of depth into why it wouldn't take off because of the way powered wheels work but miss the point that the wheels are not powered and therefore the beautiful theories are wrong because of a bad assumption.
????
I don't assume anything. I piss people off because I question everything. That include TT myths and false advertising. The TT myths are obvious junk.

All the great painters of old managed to perfect their art and teach it well without knowing how a chromophore works or what it even is.
Irrelevant.
It seem some people of got their panties in a bunch because they might begin to know what they don't know and feel insecure.
One thing you learn as you know more is that there is so much more to know. At this time I am working through Einstein's formulas. I doubt granny would have a clue. I have go through time dilation which I didn't think was that hard. Yes, I am 68 and still learning.

What pisses me off is how people will cling to their myths without any proof. On the OOAK forum there is a flat earther thread. What? Realy? I wonder how my Garmin GPS and satellite phone work then?

Also, no one refutes what I am saying. They can't but they will insult and the moderators will do nothing about it.
This pisses me off. Do you hear that USDC?

The only thing I have said that someone could challenge is when I said I was the one that could do the testing to answer all the questions. I am sure someone else could but no one has stepped forward after all these years.
I do have respect for Pathfindpro on this forum and the mytt forum and AKA Debater on the OOAK forum for doing some testing. He lacked resources. I have resources. I don't have time.
I have been on TT forums since 2009. No one has come forward. The PhDs on TT forums hide.

CLV

This user has no status.

CLV

This user has no status.
Sep 2020
For me TT and equipment is not about physics who cares if test subject A can do the same thing with equipment X or Y.

TT is 70% a mental game and mental state. It´s about me feeling good about my equipment and not doubting it. That way i search for blame in my own playing instead of equipment.

You my friend are just treating humans as testsubject unstead of realising we are all different and want different things. Go play robot TT if you want the science

Peter, once again no one doubts your intelligence or such.

I think that this is where most people go wrong.

There is a difference between knowledge and intelligence.

Brokenball has the knowledge and maybe he has proved as an outstanding engineer.

But in TT his knowledge is not interpreted intelligently.

I've said it many times - most harms to mankind are done not by lack of knowledge, but from wrong knowledge interpretations.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am wondering if there was ever an actual point to this thread. I am fine with the idea that BrokenBall wants people to know that he is PNachtwey the poster from years ago who was banned from every TT forum in existence. However, I think most people who remember PNachtwey already knew BrokenBall was PNachtwey, or Peter Nachtwey, physicist and engineer. Is there anyone who was around back then who did not already know that Peter was BrokenBall?

And since this thread is not really about TT, if it continues to be Peter arguing with people about why people do or don't like him, I will just close and delete the thread because it is already about nothing but personal issues.

Peter has been a member of TTDaily as BrokenBall since 2017. I have known since he became a member, and Dan and the rest of the moderation team has known since shortly after that. In my opinion, Peter has been acceptable in his behavior on the forum. I have had discussions with him where he seems to think he was banned from forums for ideas about TT like Dwell Time. I have consistently told him that the reason he was banned from TTDaily (I can't say why he was banned from other forums) is because of how he calls people bad names when he gets obsessed and angry. I think he has not been so bad on that front over the course of the past 4+ years as BrokenBall on TTDaily and I am glad to have him as a TTD member because I do think he has some valuable input even if people don't have to agree with everything he says.

However, I see no reason to respond and tell Peter how his social interaction skills may be flawed or other things that may be flawed. So, I see no need for this thread to continue. Please don't post comments and let this thread fade into the background even if Peter has made comments directed at you. In the long run I think that would be better than if I have to remove the thread.

Thank you.