Back to Forum
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 13 56
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 56 13

Looking for a Good BH Rubber

Hi. I finally settled on a blade, thanks to all of you who recommended them. It is the Yinhe N11S blade. I think that the 729 Super FX Blue Sponge 1.8mm would do good on my FH because it is similar to Hurricane 3 Neo, which I am used to. But for my BH rubber, I have had such a hard time. My current rubber is the Butterfly Sriver 1.8mm, but it is too soft, has too low of a throw angle, and the spin isn't great to say the least. I am looking for a rubber (preferrably in the 1.5mm-1.8mm sponge thickness range) that has good speed, a high throw angle (Sriver's throw angle is 3.9 on Revspin), and good consistency and durability. Can anyone recommend a good BH rubber for me? Thanks!
    -csxstars8696

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 28 221
    M
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 221 28

User Info Menu

Aug 2021
    Read 0 Reviews
    Maybe Yinhe Moon

The Following User Likes Michael Zhuang's Post:

csxstars8696

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 64 160
    F
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 160 64

User Info Menu

Jan 2021
    UK
    Read 1 Reviews
    Hi,

I'd recommend either ..
    • Xiom Vega Europe or Tour
    • Palio AK-47 Yellow

The Following User Likes Funk Fu Master's Post:

csxstars8696

This user has no status.

TTD Member 4 16
    C
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 16 4

User Info Menu

Jul 2018
    Singapore
    Read 0 Reviews
    u can try friendship 729 focus 3 snipe, its springy and getting spin from it is relatively easy and based on the fact u use n11s and super fx, focus 3 snipe will be within your budget. but if u want to get the level of spin u get on forehand, u may want to review your own technique, try to engage your forearm muscle when doing backhand, u can mirror the motion of throw a frisbee where one will contract his forearm at the last moment to give the frisbee a flick. just imagine yourself as a whip, youtube videos of zhang jike doing backhand loops are good examples

The Following User Likes ck1407's Post:

Funk Fu Master

says May the Spin be with you!

Established TTD Member 99 188
    says May the Spin be with you!

Established TTD Member 188 99
    Quote Originally Posted by csxstars8696
    Hi. I finally settled on a blade, thanks to all of you who recommended them. It is the Yinhe N11S blade. I think that the 729 Super FX Blue Sponge 1.8mm would do good on my FH because it is similar to Hurricane 3 Neo, which I am used to. But for my BH rubber, I have had such a hard time. My current rubber is the Butterfly Sriver 1.8mm, but it is too soft, has too low of a throw angle, and the spin isn't great to say the least. I am looking for a rubber (preferrably in the 1.5mm-1.8mm sponge thickness range) that has good speed, a high throw angle (Sriver's throw angle is 3.9 on Revspin), and good consistency and durability. Can anyone recommend a good BH rubber for me? Thanks!-csxstars8696
    Top 10 Best Backhand Rubber for Modern Table Tennis • PingSunday

Just choose one from the above listing. The gold standard for BH is of course the ubiquitous quintessential Butterfly Tenergy 05. As for me personally, T05 is too bouncy and difficult to control and I had settled for Donic Baracuda and am happy with it. Others I have personally tried and liked include Yasaka Rakza 7 & Xiom Vega Europe.
    Last edited by Gozo; 09-17-2021 at 03:28 AM.

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 208 223
    V
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 223 208

User Info Menu

Jul 2015
    Bulgaria
    Read 1 Reviews
    Donic Baracuda, Yasaka Rakza 7, Xiom Vega Europe, TSP/Victas Ventus Spin - all are great BH ruubers. The first two are harder than the next ones.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 13 89
    C
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 89 13
    I've been playing Tibhar Aurus on my BH recently and it has realy, realy impressed me so far. I come from tenergy, have played fast-arc, dynaryz, ...
    It's not the fastest, it's not the spinniest, it's just what i need. And ... blocks are dream.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 18 59
    B
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 59 18
    I agree with Rakza 7. It's a great BH rubber. I'd like to add Xiom Vega Pro and if you have decent power in your BH Hurricane 8-80.

says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad

Master TTD Member 11,090 10,887
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad

Master TTD Member 10,887 11,090

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CLV
    I've been playing Tibhar Aurus on my BH recently and it has realy, realy impressed me so far. I come from tenergy, have played fast-arc, dynaryz, ...
    It's not the fastest, it's not the spinniest, it's just what i need. And ... blocks are dream.
    Aurus is likely over 10 yrs old by now, but it is still one of the best control offensive class rubbers out there. Very supple topsheet, firmish sponge, lasts very long time, not crazy bouncy, still has a top end.
    President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
    http://www.nexyusa.com

View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 3
    M
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 3 0

User Info Menu

Sep 2021
    Aaland
    Read 0 Reviews
    I might be a bit late right here

I recommend the Yinhe Mercury III Euro

Non tacky, very grippy, decent to great bounciness.

I am having a lot of fun with its drives, pretty less sensitive to spin, but it is still sensitive as it is an inverted rubber, I've been having very consistent BH RPB lately with it

It is cheap, and I'm very happy with it as my RPB rubber, I believe both RPB rubber and SH BH rubber has little to no difference.

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 81 228
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 228 81
    Quote Originally Posted by csxstars8696
    Hi. I finally settled on a blade, thanks to all of you who recommended them. It is the Yinhe N11S blade. I think that the 729 Super FX Blue Sponge 1.8mm would do good on my FH because it is similar to Hurricane 3 Neo, which I am used to. But for my BH rubber, I have had such a hard time. My current rubber is the Butterfly Sriver 1.8mm, but it is too soft, has too low of a throw angle, and the spin isn't great to say the least. I am looking for a rubber (preferrably in the 1.5mm-1.8mm sponge thickness range) that has good speed, a high throw angle (Sriver's throw angle is 3.9 on Revspin), and good consistency and durability. Can anyone recommend a good BH rubber for me? Thanks!-csxstars8696

I don't think that DHS Hurricane 3 NEO and 729 Super FX is similar at all. Perhaps that they both are tacky. The Super FX is much slower and softer what I recall from trying it out some years ago. For backhand, if you want a nicer price. Try 729 Focus III Snipe 44/46 deg, depending on what speed you want. Ok this is not a spin monster, but really easy to play with, good control and decent spin. Light weight. Otherwise look at Andro Hexer Grip/PowerGrip. These rubbers are controllable and have really great spin potential, and you can get them in different sponge thicknesses.