Looking for a Good BH Rubber

This user has no status.
Hi. I finally settled on a blade, thanks to all of you who recommended them. It is the Yinhe N11S blade. I think that the 729 Super FX Blue Sponge 1.8mm would do good on my FH because it is similar to Hurricane 3 Neo, which I am used to. But for my BH rubber, I have had such a hard time. My current rubber is the Butterfly Sriver 1.8mm, but it is too soft, has too low of a throw angle, and the spin isn't great to say the least. I am looking for a rubber (preferrably in the 1.5mm-1.8mm sponge thickness range) that has good speed, a high throw angle (Sriver's throw angle is 3.9 on Revspin), and good consistency and durability. Can anyone recommend a good BH rubber for me? Thanks!
-csxstars8696

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
u can try friendship 729 focus 3 snipe, its springy and getting spin from it is relatively easy and based on the fact u use n11s and super fx, focus 3 snipe will be within your budget. but if u want to get the level of spin u get on forehand, u may want to review your own technique, try to engage your forearm muscle when doing backhand, u can mirror the motion of throw a frisbee where one will contract his forearm at the last moment to give the frisbee a flick. just imagine yourself as a whip, youtube videos of zhang jike doing backhand loops are good examples

Reactions: Funk Fu Master
says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Hi. I finally settled on a blade, thanks to all of you who recommended them. It is the Yinhe N11S blade. I think that the 729 Super FX Blue Sponge 1.8mm would do good on my FH because it is similar to Hurricane 3 Neo, which I am used to. But for my BH rubber, I have had such a hard time. My current rubber is the Butterfly Sriver 1.8mm, but it is too soft, has too low of a throw angle, and the spin isn't great to say the least. I am looking for a rubber (preferrably in the 1.5mm-1.8mm sponge thickness range) that has good speed, a high throw angle (Sriver's throw angle is 3.9 on Revspin), and good consistency and durability. Can anyone recommend a good BH rubber for me? Thanks!-csxstars8696
Top 10 Best Backhand Rubber for Modern Table Tennis • PingSunday

Just choose one from the above listing. The gold standard for BH is of course the ubiquitous quintessential Butterfly Tenergy 05. As for me personally, T05 is too bouncy and difficult to control and I had settled for Donic Baracuda and am happy with it. Others I have personally tried and liked include Yasaka Rakza 7 & Xiom Vega Europe.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Donic Baracuda, Yasaka Rakza 7, Xiom Vega Europe, TSP/Victas Ventus Spin - all are great BH ruubers. The first two are harder than the next ones.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I've been playing Tibhar Aurus on my BH recently and it has realy, realy impressed me so far. I come from tenergy, have played fast-arc, dynaryz, ...
It's not the fastest, it's not the spinniest, it's just what i need. And ... blocks are dream.

Aurus is likely over 10 yrs old by now, but it is still one of the best control offensive class rubbers out there. Very supple topsheet, firmish sponge, lasts very long time, not crazy bouncy, still has a top end.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021
I might be a bit late right here

I recommend the Yinhe Mercury III Euro

Non tacky, very grippy, decent to great bounciness.

I am having a lot of fun with its drives, pretty less sensitive to spin, but it is still sensitive as it is an inverted rubber, I've been having very consistent BH RPB lately with it

It is cheap, and I'm very happy with it as my RPB rubber, I believe both RPB rubber and SH BH rubber has little to no difference.

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Hi. I finally settled on a blade, thanks to all of you who recommended them. It is the Yinhe N11S blade. I think that the 729 Super FX Blue Sponge 1.8mm would do good on my FH because it is similar to Hurricane 3 Neo, which I am used to. But for my BH rubber, I have had such a hard time. My current rubber is the Butterfly Sriver 1.8mm, but it is too soft, has too low of a throw angle, and the spin isn't great to say the least. I am looking for a rubber (preferrably in the 1.5mm-1.8mm sponge thickness range) that has good speed, a high throw angle (Sriver's throw angle is 3.9 on Revspin), and good consistency and durability. Can anyone recommend a good BH rubber for me? Thanks!-csxstars8696

I don't think that DHS Hurricane 3 NEO and 729 Super FX is similar at all. Perhaps that they both are tacky. The Super FX is much slower and softer what I recall from trying it out some years ago. For backhand, if you want a nicer price. Try 729 Focus III Snipe 44/46 deg, depending on what speed you want. Ok this is not a spin monster, but really easy to play with, good control and decent spin. Light weight. Otherwise look at Andro Hexer Grip/PowerGrip. These rubbers are controllable and have really great spin potential, and you can get them in different sponge thicknesses.