looking for a new blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021
I have been using a Stiga clipper wood blade now for almost 10 years and it works very well for me, but i'm curious to find a new blade to try and to see if i can develop my game a bit more. i want to try a carbon blade or any type of fibre. My playingstyle is spin from both sides a bit out from table. i like to have good arc of the ball and that is whay i love with the clipper blade i have today. I want to find a suitable carbon or fibre blade for me. any suggestions from the experts on this forum that can guide me? :)

says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
I have been using a Stiga clipper wood blade now for almost 10 years and it works very well for me, but i'm curious to find a new blade to try and to see if i can develop my game a bit more. i want to try a carbon blade or any type of fibre. My playingstyle is spin from both sides a bit out from table. i like to have good arc of the ball and that is whay i love with the clipper blade i have today. I want to find a suitable carbon or fibre blade for me. any suggestions from the experts on this forum that can guide me? :)

V I S C A R I A or C A R B O N A D O

Last edited:
Mar 2021

V I S C A R I A or C A R B O N A D O

Theo aka Merrs Thread Starter,

I mentioned Butterfly's Viscaria because this is one of the most popular blade used by pros in modern table-tennis or in recent time. Most famous user is of course none other than current IITF ranked No. 1: Mr Fan Zhendong. Many other CNT members also uses it.

The other being Stiga's Carbonado series which is used by many female CNT members; Chen Meng is also a current user.

Both these are carbon blade and IMHO, is the next step in your equipment upgrade from Stiga's Clipper which is a seven ply all wood. To me, it will be a natural progression in your TT journey.

NB: If I am forced to choose one, I will probably go with Carbonado since if one is familiar with Clipper, both being from Stiga, there is this sense of familiarity. But I am just being biased.

Last edited:
Mar 2021

DHS Hurricane Long 5 should be included imho 😇.Â

Disclaimer: Strictly my personal opinion and bias is to be expected

If one comes from DHS blade such as Power G7, Hao, Long 3 etc, then Long V is the natural upgrade.

If you see my info, I am a Long V user. I love it to bits for its wonderful ergonomic handle feeling in my hands. Don't know why and I cannot explain it scientifically but there are some blades that make you wanna loop and loop with your FH. Long V is one of them. Even when the ball comes to you at your BH corner, I feel like I wanna pivot and that that FH loop return. I don't know why that is so.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021
Theo aka Merrs Thread Starter,

I mentioned Butterfly's Viscaria because this is one of the most popular blade used by pros in modern table-tennis or in recent time. Most famous user is of course none other than current IITF ranked No. 1: Mr Fan Zhendong. Many other CNT members also uses it.

The other being Stiga's Carbonado series which is used by many female CNT members; Chen Meng is also a current user.

Both these are carbon blade and IMHO, is the next step in your equipment upgrade from Stiga's Clipper which is a seven ply all wood. To me, it will be a natural progression in your TT journey.

NB: If I am forced to choose one, I will probably go with Carbonado since if one is familiar with Clipper, both being from Stiga, there is this sense of familiarity. But I am just being biased.

thanks gozo for the advice. i will try to find some carbon blades to try of carbonado and viscaria. i see there is some different versions of carbonado, do you have any ideas of what might be with best feeling?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Mar 2021

thanks gozo for the advice. i will try to find some carbon blades to try of carbonado and viscaria. i see there is some different versions of carbonado, do you have any ideas of what might be with best feeling?

I am truly sorry as I am never a user of the Carbonado series, hence unable to give you further feedback. I am the Long V user; this one is made for the other type of offensive player.