Back to Forum
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Karo is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 0 4
    K
    Karo is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 4 0

    User Info Menu

    #1

    Rakza 7 alternatives

    Hey guys!
    I am using Rakza 7 on my forehand for two years now. I am generally happy with the rubber, but I think now I am confident enough to move to a rubber with more spin and slightly faster without sacrificing too much control. I will appreciate any suggestions.
    Cheers

  2. massa is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 69 275
    M
    massa is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 275 69
    #2
    Victas V15 extra is a good choice

  3. Lazer is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 165 398
    L
    Lazer is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 398 165

    User Info Menu

    #3
    You have too remember that speed and control are each others inverse, so by increase in speed You will get an equal decrease in control,

  4. Manto76 is online now
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 133 226
    Manto76's Avatar
    Manto76 is online now
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 226 133
    #4

    Nittaku Fastarc G-1 might be a good option for you. I think it ticks the boxes you're looking for.

    The Following 3 Users Like Manto76's Post:

    Funk Fu Master, KM1976 and 1 other


  5. Karo is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 0 4
    K
    Karo is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 4 0

    User Info Menu

    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Manto76

    Nittaku Fastarc G-1 might be a good option for you. I think it ticks the boxes you're looking for.

    Thanks. This is definitely a good option. I think it gives a good spin. But is it easy for blocking too?


  6. Gozo is offline
    says May the Spin be with you!
     
    Established TTD Member 99 188
    Gozo's Avatar
    Gozo is offline
    says May the Spin be with you!
     
    Established TTD Member 188 99
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Karo
    Hey guys!I am using Rakza 7 on my forehand for two years now. I am generally happy with the rubber, but I think now I am confident enough to move to a rubber with more spin and slightly faster without sacrificing too much control. I will appreciate any suggestions.Cheers
    More spin & speed on BH rubber?There can only be one, the one and only: Tenergy 05; choose the Hard version if you can handle the speed while compromising control.

  7. Karo is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 0 4
    K
    Karo is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 4 0

    User Info Menu

    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Gozo
    More spin & speed on BH rubber?There can only be one, the one and only: Tenergy 05; choose the Hard version if you can handle the speed while compromising control.

    I think Tenergy 05 may be a little fast for me. I can spin with it easily, but for blocking, I have problems as it is very spin sensitive.


  8. latej is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 211 340
    L
    latej is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 340 211
    #8
    Did you consider hybrid rubbers, e.g. Rakza Z?

  9. Manto76 is online now
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 133 226
    Manto76's Avatar
    Manto76 is online now
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 226 133
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Karo

    Thanks. This is definitely a good option. I think it gives a good spin. But is it easy for blocking too?

    I find it easy for blocking - but, note, only as a forehand rubber. It's not bad on the BH but, to me anyway, it feels excellent on the FH and not-quite-right on the BH.

    FYI, take a look here: https://pingsunday.com/best-forehand...#09_Fastarc_G1
    And also here: https://world-tt.com/ps_goods/goods_ranking.php

    There's a reason the G-1 has been the number 1 selling rubber for so long!

  10. Karo is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 0 4
    K
    Karo is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 4 0

    User Info Menu

    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Manto76

    I find it easy for blocking - but, note, only as a forehand rubber. It's not bad on the BH but, to me anyway, it feels excellent on the FH and not-quite-right on the BH.

    There's a reason the G-1 has been the number 1 selling rubber for so long!

    Thanks Manto. I had some doubts between G1 and Joola Rhyzm-P. I think Fastarc G1 is a better choice.


  11. Funk Fu Master is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 64 160
    F
    Funk Fu Master is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 160 64

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2021
    UK
    160
    64
    100
    Read 1 Reviews
    #11
    What about Xiom Omega VII Pro or Rasanter R47 ?

  12. Gozo is offline
    says May the Spin be with you!
     
    Established TTD Member 99 188
    Gozo's Avatar
    Gozo is offline
    says May the Spin be with you!
     
    Established TTD Member 188 99
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Karo

    I think Tenergy 05 may be a little fast for me. I can spin with it easily, but for blocking, I have problems as it is very spin sensitive.

    Love blocking and spin insensitive?

    Short pimple or anti?

    Or

    Mark V 1.8mm. Good for passive blocking playstyle.

  13. TTLOVE is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 159 343
    TTLOVE's Avatar
    TTLOVE is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 343 159
    #13
    I recommend Xiom Omega V Tour, very high speed and spin.

  14. Manto76 is online now
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 133 226
    Manto76's Avatar
    Manto76 is online now
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 226 133
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by TTLOVE
    I recommend Xiom Omega V Tour, very high speed and spin.

    Fast and spinny, yes - but has a very strong catapult effect.


  15. ck1407 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 4 16
    C
    ck1407 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 16 4

    User Info Menu


    Jul 2018
    Singapore
    16
    4
    93
    Read 0 Reviews
    #15
    i will say g-1, played it for 2 years. you can get spinny serves and the rubber doesnt bottom out easily unless you give your 100% in every shot.
    as per mentioned above, it is still quite the popular rubber even though its 10 years old. if you have friends or club members who use it, do give a try to feel the rubber, your hand give u the best information

  16. Kolev is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 83 244
    K
    Kolev is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 244 83
    #16
    Rakza X is definitely spinnier and generally has more potential than R7, but R7 is lighter.(I have them both)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.