Lightweight Medium-Hard Rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions on Lightweight, Medium Hard, medium-bounce, fast'ish rubbers, to pair with a thin balsa-core blade.. Currently, the only Rubber I can think of is the Palio AK-47 Red, and I am happy with it, for most part .. However, I'm looking at something better, in terms of durability and manufacturing consistency .. Also, something a tad more grippy, and better at lifting backspin..

I'm okay with a rubber with a 45° - 47° sponge hardness, that when cut (to a regular size blade) weighs around 38 - 42gms

Well, its a bit tricky to meet all of that.

I think the closest would be Xiom Vega Tour, though its weight is something around 45-48 grams at 1.8-2.2 mm.

Or you may try the BTY Fh variants at 1.9 mm, but they would not be lighter too.

I've played with TSP Black Balsa, some strange angle finished handle model, with BTY T05 fh, and it performs very good.

I don't believe that a 47 deg. rubber would be trusty consistent at 42 grams cut.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Well, its a bit tricky to meet all of that.

I think the closest would be Xiom Vega Tour, though its weight is something around 45-48 grams at 1.8-2.2 mm.

Or you may try the BTY Fh variants at 1.9 mm, but they would not be lighter too.

I've played with TSP Black Balsa, some strange angle finished handle model, with BTY T05 fh, and it performs very good.

I don't believe that a 47 deg. rubber would be trusty consistent at 42 grams cut.

Thanks for the suggestion - I've played with Vega Tour... Quite liked it, but found it to be on the heavier side..

Yes, I am considering thinner sponged variants, but availability in anything other than MAX thickness, is an issue for me.. I could order from TT11 or the likes, but shipping, customs, and misc. other charges would be ridiculous..

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
What about the Nittaku Fastarc Series... I've tried them on 2 separate occasions, and on 2 different blades.. Don't remember the Fastarc variant(s), I tried, but what I do remember is that one setup felt tolerable, in terms of weight , and felt fairly speedy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
I am missing some information here.
Forehand or backhandrubber?
I assume you are more of an attacker kind of player?!
Pricerange?

@mentioned rubber:
sadly i have no experience with victas rubbers. But Xiom overall should be interesting for you. Depending on you answers i could suggest some, but without it is kinda impossible.
Kinda the same for the Fastarc Series, though the Fastarc G 1 is pretty much a decent suggestion for forehand and backhand.

Another possibility could be the Stiga Mantra series. There you should at least meet your requirements.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews
What about the Nittaku Fastarc Series... I've tried them on 2 separate occasions, and on 2 different blades.. Don't remember the Fastarc variant(s), I tried, but what I do remember is that one setup felt tolerable, in terms of weight , and felt fairly speedy.

S1 is light but it softer then 45-47 deg you are looking for ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
I am missing some information here.
Forehand or backhandrubber?
I assume you are more of an attacker kind of player?!
Pricerange?

@mentioned rubber:
sadly i have no experience with victas rubbers. But Xiom overall should be interesting for you. Depending on you answers i could suggest some, but without it is kinda impossible.
Kinda the same for the Fastarc Series, though the Fastarc G 1 is pretty much a decent suggestion for forehand and backhand.

Another possibility could be the Stiga Mantra series. There you should at least meet your requirements.

The rubber is for both, FH & BH ... I play with LP, but I twiddle.. On the FH, I loop, block and fat-hit, but on the BH (when I twiddle to inverted), I, push, block and flat-hit, and loop, on the rare occasion..

Price range would be no more than $45

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews

The rubber is for both, FH & BH ... I play with LP, but I twiddle.. On the FH, I loop, block and fat-hit, but on the BH (when I twiddle to inverted), I, push, block and flat-hit, and loop, on the rare occasion..

That seems to be an interesting style.

Well Xiom Vega Pro would be too soft and fast for that i guess. I would suggest smth harder and easier to controll. Like Vega Asia or Tour.
The Fastarc Series would be too soft as well i would say, at least the G1 i played.
Stiga Mantra H could be fine here.

Jeez if you wouldnt flathit i would definitly suggest smth chinese/sticky for you. That would make it easier to block and push.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Jeez if you wouldnt flathit i would definitly suggest smth chinese/sticky for you. That would make it easier to block and push.

Had it not been for the weight, I would prefer playing with Rubbers like Hurricane (Neo) 3, Super 999T, 729 Transcend, MX-S, Tenergy 05 Hard, Dignics 05C, etc .. Ofcourse, the Tenergys, and Dignics, apart from being way too heavy, are also, waaaaay too expensive for me..

This user has no status.

I play the same way as you. My preference is Stiga Calibra LT. It is medium hard, and very light. Very fast and super for blocking.

Reactions: Funk Fu Master
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews

I play the same way as you. My preference is Stiga Calibra LT. It is medium hard, and very light. Very fast and super for blocking.

I've played with a Stiga rubber before (can't recollect which one), and found it to be okay... Not worth the price, though.

I've heard/read mixed reviews about the Calibra Series..But, I've added it to my list of probables, anyway.... Thanks...