rakza which one

This user has no status.
Hello, currently I am using a tsp swat with evolution elp on backhand and omega v tour on forehand ( I don't why but since the forum has been changed, I am not able to upgrade my equipment on my profile, I wish to come back to the old forum style) btw I was wondering to try the new rakza z on the forehand, I like the idea to have a super spinny rubber on the forehand but not a real chinese rubber.
So I would like to try another rubber from the rakza series to put on my backhand, that in some way will be similar to my evolution elp.
Which rubber do you recommend? Rakza 7, 9 or x?
I use my backhand only to Chiquita, block or punch block, sometimes I do some opening topspin, but definitely, I am not a looper with the backhand.
Which rubber do you think suits me the most?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Rakza 9 is pretty bouncy. I have Rakza Z max and Rakza X 2.0 on XVT ZL Koto. If you do bounce test, Rakza X is a bit bouncier than Rakza Z. This week I glued new Rakza Z and X (both max) to friend's blade, when new, the bounce on Rakza Z is even less due to some tackiness. Rakza X is about the same hardness as Rakza 7, for me it is like an upgrade of Rakza 7. It is good quality rubber with good durability, ESN-like rubber. Rakza Z is a tiny bit harder than Rakza X. Good spin, high throw, good quality and durability too. It turned out I prefer harder rubbers, so if I had to choose, I take Rakza Z max on BH, and if nothing else than Yasaka existed, the Rakza Z EH on FH. Btw. the XVT ZL Koto, I dislike, too stiff, the frequency is 1500-1600 (I forgot exact number), the vibration is not really pleasant, even though I have worse. So, what suits you most. Hard question. I think Rakza X is closer to Evolution ELP than Rakza Z. But you want to try Rakza Z, which I don't think is a bad idea. Take Rakza Z - you will see on which side you like it. Maybe you like it on FH (as you intended), maybe you will also like on BH, and find out you could have something harder on FH. Maybe you'd think you prefer a bit softer and directer on BH, so you take Rakza X afterwards.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
what are the differences between rakza 9 and rakza x?

I've only played with Rakza 9 shortly on friend's blade. It is very bouncy, due to bubbly sponge. I really don't like this kind of rubbers. Some people do like it. The sponge on Rakza X has smaller bubbles, and the sponge is a bit harder. Quality of both is good, there really is difference in quality to cheaper chinese rubbers of this category, like the AK47/HK1997 rubbers. The difference in top-sheets between R9 and RX I don't know how to describe. If you want to do straight hitting/counter-punching only, if you have good touch to control R9 in short game, you may like it more than RX. If you want to play BH flicks, and sometimes loops too, the RX is better for you. When I bought it (the RX) I also wanted to play it on BH, but then I was surprised I actually prefer RZ on BH (well, between the two).