Good Palio rubber for Forehand?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I am looking to get a Palio rubber for forehand. I want something fast/bouncy, with tackiness, and good spin.Â

From some looking, it seems like HK1997 Gold, Hadou 40+, and Hadou Biotech would be best choice under $15. What are the differences between these rubbers? Which would be best performing?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Hi,

I've not played with Hadous, or other Biotecs... However ...

I'm playing with a HK1997 Gold on a Defplay ..not very tacky .. nowhere even close to the tack of Hurricane (Neo) 3, or Transcend etc.. The sponge is hard (I feel it's in the vicinity of 50°), and seems to have some elasticity.... I feel it's almost like one of those Hybrid rubbers.. On loops/tops-spins, it can produce respectable amounts of rotation & speed.. I tend to get the best results when I brush the ball thin, along with a fair amount of Elbow-Grease.. Lifting backspin is just decent (not too great, but not too bad either.. I've had mixed results.. could be a technique thing) In terms of Speed-generation, I think it's like a lot of other Chinese Tacky rubbers - Not bouncy, and has medium-low net-clearance on loops/top-spins .. The amount of speed, depends on the amount of power you put behind your shot.. The rubber is offers a good deal of control, in the push, and in the touch game.. I find that it's awesome at blocks, and flat-hits..

One major caveat - I find that it's extremely susceptible to humidity .. It becomes almost un-playable for me..

The durability, for me, is suspect . I bought this one from Princett, but within a month, I found the top-sheet delaminating from the sponge for the edges.. I glued back the delaminated parts, and it seems to be fine now..

All-in-All, this is yet another Palio rubber that offers un-paralleled price: performance. ..I would surely recommend it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Hi,

I've not played with Hadous, or other Biotecs... However ...

I'm playing with a HK1997 Gold on a Defplay ..not very tacky .. nowhere even close to the tack of Hurricane (Neo) 3, or Transcend etc.. The sponge is hard (I feel it's in the vicinity of 50°), and seems to have some elasticity.... I feel it's almost like one of those Hybrid rubbers.. On loops/tops-spins, it can produce respectable amounts of rotation & speed.. I tend to get the best results when I brush the ball thin, along with a fair amount of Elbow-Grease.. Lifting backspin is just decent (not too great, but not too bad either.. I've had mixed results.. could be a technique thing) In terms of Speed-generation, I think it's like a lot of other Chinese Tacky rubbers - Not bouncy, and has medium-low net-clearance on loops/top-spins .. The amount of speed, depends on the amount of power you put behind your shot.. The rubber is offers a good deal of control, in the push, and in the touch game.. I find that it's awesome at blocks, and flat-hits..

One major caveat - I find that it's extremely susceptible to humidity .. It becomes almost un-playable for me..

The durability, for me, is suspect . I bought this one from Princett, but within a month, I found the top-sheet delaminating from the sponge for the edges.. I glued back the delaminated parts, and it seems to be fine now..

All-in-All, this is yet another Palio rubber that offers un-paralleled price: performance. ..I would surely recommend it.

Does it use the same sponge as the AK47? I often see it listed together with AK47 in Aliexpress as if its part of the same series. I wonder why.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

All I can say that the sponge feels harder than the AK47s ... It's Pale Yellow in colour .. btw .. how would one know if it's the same sponge ?

Sometimes the sponge has its own name, like the Yinhe "crossbow" or whatever. Also just looking at it, sometimes you can see the pore structure.

Anybody else played Hadou?