This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Blade: stiga clipper cc
Grip: shakehand
FH: DHS Hurricane 2 neo
BH: GLOBE 999 national 39 deg. 2.2 BLACK SPONGE
Â

Seems like a weird setup to me. H2 on clipper might be a rather low throw angle? But it might work ok if you like to hit flat.Â

And my impression is that Globe is really more of a forehand rubber. I dont think its so bouncy and might not be good for backhand. I always used Globe on my forehand.Â

Reactions: what happened
says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Blade: stiga clipper cc
Grip: shakehand
FH: DHS Hurricane 2 neo
BH: GLOBE 999 national 39 deg. 2.2 BLACK SPONGE

FH: Nice! Now you will frustrate your opponent with low trajectory, fast spinny loop.
BH: You can push and push with spinny variation to frustrate your opponent or you can BH chiquita due to the tacky rubber, however, what happens when you are forced away from table at your BH side? What will you do?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

FH: Nice! Now you will frustrate your opponent with low trajectory, fast spinny loop.
BH: You can push and push with spinny variation to frustrate your opponent or you can BH chiquita due to the tacky rubber, however, what happens when you are forced away from table at your BH side? What will you do?

Hmmmm...

I am a more OFF. FH oriented player, so what will i do is that i will take a forehand topspin posture or i will just smash with a forehand posture, another option which is really the answer you are looking for is that i will try to roll the dice and do a backhand top spin and hope for the best mostly it will end up flying if i was close to the table, if i was in mid distance far from the table it will end up in the net, as i continue to play i will find the balance and i will learn chopping but i will not use it that much because i am more interested in the OFF. play style, for me this racket is fast but balanced and i like it ( i know for the advanced players this setup will seem to have a average speed for them, in the past I've used a slow pre made kettler pre made racket and this current setup is a huge and a very nice step up, I've only tried this new set up for only 2 times so I am still getting used to it and i will need a descent amount of training sessions to get used to it because its my first time using chinese rubbers ) i am between a begginer and intermediate player.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Terrible setup. Throwing darts at the laptop screen and buying whatever they hit would do better.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Terrible setup. Throwing darts at the laptop screen and buying whatever they hit would do better.
That sums up my thoughts as well.

Another thing to consider, none of us have seen you play. How can any of us have any idea of what kind of equipment will actually be useful to you.

Consider posting some video footage of you playing.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
As far as how this setup fits for you:

Clipper CC: if you were just using a Slow Kettler pre-built racket, the Clipper CC is kind of a crazy choice of next blade. Also, if you are the level you say you are, probably you would be better off with an all wood 5 ply in the speed range of All+ to Off-.

Blades like:
1) Donic Appelgren Allplay
2) Stiga Allround Evolution
3) Yasaka Sweden Extra
4) Xiom Offensive S
5) Butterfly Primorac Off-

H2 rubber: if you have just come from using a racket that did not actually have really rubbers but had rubbers one could consider in the category of toys rather than sporting equipment, maybe you can get away with using hard tacky Chinese rubbers. But you definitely won't know how to use them to generate spin so you will be using them in a way they are not meant to be used.

"I will just smash with the FH", is a statement that sounds to me like it supports the opinion above. If you are smashing, which means, hitting flat, that is not what the rubbers you got are designed for.

Globe on BH: unless you have a amazingly powerful backhand, this rubber could ensure you never develop a good BH.

However, all of this is said without having seen you play. So, get a short video of you playing, it could be as short as 30 seconds long as long as we see at least a few BH shots and a few FH shots, it will be enough for us to see what equipment may be good for you.

BTW: I know a lot of good players who use a Classic Clipper. I don't know anyone who would want to use the Clipper CC. You are paying a lot of extra money for a little bit of Carbon Fiber mixed into the glue between the layers of wood. So it has carbon, you pay for carbon, but it is not really like a regular carbon blade. Still, it is not an all wood blade. For $20-40 you could have gotten something much better for you. Sorry to say all this. But.....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
As far as how this setup fits for you:

Clipper CC: if you were just using a Slow Kettler pre-built racket, the Clipper CC is kind of a crazy choice of next blade. Also, if you are the level you say you are, probably you would be better off with an all wood 5 ply in the speed range of All+ to Off-.

Blades like:
1) Donic Appelgren Allplay
2) Stiga Allround Evolution
3) Yasaka Sweden Extra
4) Xiom Offensive S
5) Butterfly Primorac Off-

H2 rubber: if you have just come from using a racket that did not actually have really rubbers but had rubbers one could consider in the category of toys rather than sporting equipment, maybe you can get away with using hard tacky Chinese rubbers. But you definitely won't know how to use them to generate spin so you will be using them in a way they are not meant to be used.

"I will just smash with the FH", is a statement that sounds to me like it supports the opinion above. If you are smashing, which means, hitting flat, that is not what the rubbers you got are designed for.

Globe on BH: unless you have a amazingly powerful backhand, this rubber could ensure you never develop a good BH.

However, all of this is said without having seen you play. So, get a short video of you playing, it could be as short as 30 seconds long as long as we see at least a few BH shots and a few FH shots, it will be enough for us to see what equipment may be good for you.

BTW: I know a lot of good players who use a Classic Clipper. I don't know anyone who would want to use the Clipper CC. You are paying a lot of extra money for a little bit of Carbon Fiber mixed into the glue between the layers of wood. So it has carbon, you pay for carbon, but it is not really like a regular carbon blade. Still, it is not an all wood blade. For $20-40 you could have gotten something much better for you. Sorry to say all this. But.....

yeah I understand and respect your opinion, in the future I will get used to the chinese rubbers, I like the feeling of them and i like the big amounts of spin they produce and i know that they are not mainly used for smashing but I am still learning and developing my topspin, as for the clipper cc why is it a crazy choice?. I feel that it is balanced and the weight is very good for me.

as for the extra price yeah i thought about this and said why just dont i get the all wood or the cr version and save my money, but here is the thing, I will not swap the CC until it will get to be in a no longer usable state or until it really wears out so this justify this price for me.

Why did I buy the hurricane 2:
from what I've read is that this rubber has great amounts of spin and speed and it has " generate your own speed " , and it has a low arc so I said this is the rubber that I am looking for to put on FH, and ummmm i dont know what is the hardness and thickness of it, i bought it from pingpongonline.com and i asked him what is the thickness and hardness of this rubber ( because those 2 things were not stated in the website ) so i told him put the thickest and hardest H2 neo you got in your shop, but i dont think that this is the hardest version because its not " dead " as they some say, the rubber is not boosted, maybe the carbon fiber is helping.

Why did I buy the globe 999 national black sponge thickness 2.2 hardness 39:
I wanted to put H3 neo on BH, but it was not in stock and i was in a hurry to get a racket, so this globe was in-between H3 and H2 with a medium arc ( from what I have read ) so i said yeah this will do the job

why did i buy clipper cc:
I wanted a fast all wood blade so i wanted to buy the CR or classic all wood ( both non wrb ), so it was eather the rosewood NCT VII ( which is more expensive than clipper cc ) or clipper cc or ebenholz NCT VII , everybody was talking about the classic clipper feeling and how it is good for all levels and how some pros. use it, then came the clipper cc, from what i have read the clipper cc has the same feeling as all wood clipper but faster and more vicious but with a little less control so i chose it, I've read a couple of reviews that stated that clipper cc plays similar to viscaria but with more control ( I didn't had the viscaria in mind ) , some reviews stated that clipper cc only goes fast and is very heavy, to me the weight is perfect alongside my 2 chinese rubbers and i really dont mind if it was a bit heavier, as for the " it can only go fast " no i didn't experience this, i know that my rubbers are averave speed but still... , if it was really fast like they described then i would not score any points because I am in a level in-between begginer and intermediate.

sorry for the long response

Best regards

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

yeah I understand and respect your opinion, in the future I will get used to the chinese rubbers, I like the feeling of them and i like the big amounts of spin they produce and i know that they are not mainly used for smashing but I am still learning and developing my topspin, as for the clipper cc why is it a crazy choice?. I feel that it is balanced and the weight is very good for me.

as for the extra price yeah i thought about this and said why just dont i get the all wood or the cr version and save my money, but here is the thing, I will not swap the CC until it will get to be in a no longer usable state or until it really wears out so this justify this price for me.

Why did I buy the hurricane 2:
from what I've read is that this rubber has great amounts of spin and speed and it has " generate your own speed " , and it has a low arc so I said this is the rubber that I am looking for to put on FH, and ummmm i dont know what is the hardness and thickness of it, i bought it from pingpongonline.com and i asked him what is the thickness and hardness of this rubber ( because those 2 things were not stated in the website ) so i told him put the thickest and hardest H2 neo you got in your shop, but i dont think that this is the hardest version because its not " dead " as they some say, the rubber is not boosted, maybe the carbon fiber is helping.

Why did I buy the globe 999 national black sponge thickness 2.2 hardness 39:
I wanted to put H3 neo on BH, but it was not in stock and i was in a hurry to get a racket, so this globe was in-between H3 and H2 with a medium arc ( from what I have read ) so i said yeah this will do the job

why did i buy clipper cc:
I wanted a fast all wood blade so i wanted to buy the CR or classic all wood ( both non wrb ), so it was eather the rosewood NCT VII ( which is more expensive than clipper cc ) or clipper cc or ebenholz NCT VII , everybody was talking about the classic clipper feeling and how it is good for all levels and how some pros. use it, then came the clipper cc, from what i have read the clipper cc has the same feeling as all wood clipper but faster and more vicious but with a little less control so i chose it, I've read a couple of reviews that stated that clipper cc plays similar to viscaria but with more control ( I didn't had the viscaria in mind ) , some reviews stated that clipper cc only goes fast and is very heavy, to me the weight is perfect alongside my 2 chinese rubbers and i really dont mind if it was a bit heavier, as for the " it can only go fast " no i didn't experience this, i know that my rubbers are averave speed but still... , if it was really fast like they described then i would not score any points because I am in a level in-between begginer and intermediate.

sorry for the long response

Best regards

Â

It sounds like you are still a beginning player. Why dont you try the Loki Rxton 1 or Reactor Tornado. They are very cheap and good performing rubbers.Â

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So, it sounds like you want to hear that your choice was good.

I presented information. If you like what you have, then why are you asking?

If you like what you have, there is no need for further comment. You did not seem to understand what I posted anyway.

But, if you want help, POST VIDEO FOOTAGE. Without that, you are wasting your time. It would be sort of like asking people to tell you your shoe size without letting them see your feet or put your foot in one of those things that measures your shoe size.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
So, it sounds like you want to hear that your choice was good.

I presented information. If you like what you have, then why are you asking?

If you like what you have, there is no need for further comment. You did not seem to understand what I posted anyway.

But, if you want help, POST VIDEO FOOTAGE. Without that, you are wasting your time. It would be sort of like asking people to tell you your shoe size without letting them see your feet or put your foot in one of those things that measures your shoe size.
no carl i didn't want to hear that my setup was good i just wanted opinions because i myself think it is weird because i have not seen anybody using this setup and thats it, i already have the setup and i am not making a change in it unless a rubber / blade wears out, that explains this post title " What do you think about this setup???? " i just wanted to hear thoughts

but really carl thanks, I appreciate that you are trying to help me, you are an asset to this forum
Best regards

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
If you already have these rubbers, why not buy 1 additional backhand rubber?

Globe 999 and Hurricane are both Forehand rubbers. So you can use the Hurricane with a new backhand rubber (such as AK47 or Loki Rxton 1). Once the Hurricane loses its tackiness, switch the Globe 999 on.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
If you already have these rubbers, why not buy 1 additional backhand rubber?

Globe 999 and Hurricane are both Forehand rubbers. So you can use the Hurricane with a new backhand rubber (such as AK47 or Loki Rxton 1). Once the Hurricane loses its tackiness, switch the Globe 999 on.

yeah that ak47 suggestion is nice, but i am broke, i will only switch my rubbers when they wear out, and then i will decide if tacky rubber suite me or no

Best regards

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

yeah that ak47 suggestion is nice, but i am broke, i will only switch my rubbers when they wear out, and then i will decide if tacky rubber suite me or no

Best regards

Ok. Its only 9 dollars on Aliexpress, so its half the price of Hurricane. Rxton 1 is $5, so 1/4 the price of your hurricane.

• Haha
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Ok. Its only 9 dollars on Aliexpress, so its half the price of Hurricane. Rxton 1 is $5, so 1/4 the price of your hurricane.

like i said, i will use my rubbers until i wear them out, and then i will decide if tacky hard rubbers are good for me or no, if not then rubbers like ak47 / xiom vega pro and rubbers that has similar characteristics to them will be in my consideration, if the chinese rubbers suited me then i will try rubbers like H3 neo / friendship batlle II and rubbers that has similar characteristics to them will be in my consideration, or a mix with light non tacky rubber on BH and heavy chinese tacky rubber on FH but blade stays the same, only time will tell

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Well, why don't you just tell us how you like playing with this setup you got for yourself?

ummmm...
still getting used to it as you said its a huge step up from that pre-made kettler, but its really fun playing with this setup, the problem is that i play only like 2 - 3 hours a week if i play more it would be much better, in the future days i will try to play more i should play more...