2021 Chinese National Games

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
With the men's and women's team finals already set, I'm surprised there isn't a thread for this already.

Quick question to start us off: Ma Long and Fan Zhendong will most likely meet in the team final in a few hours. In the past 7 years, has FZD lost any matches against ML in domestic team competition? (e.g., team final of national games counts, singles final doesn't). I'm struggling to recall a single instance in super league or national championships/national games.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Is it true that ma long wont participate in the singles event? I think I read it on facebook that he was quarantined for 21 days so he is not well prepared and thus he will participate only in doubles and team event

I heard that too, but I suspect he was looking for an excuse anyways. I think he still wants to win the Doubles with Xu Xin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018

I heard that too, but I suspect he was looking for an excuse anyways. I think he still wants to win the Doubles with Xu Xin.

He's not playing Men's Doubles with XX - they are from different provincial teams. ML pairing with Wang Chuqin to represent Beijing. Only cross-provincial pairing allowed is Xu Xin/Liu Shiwen.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
I was kinda disappointed by Wang Chuqins performance.
Being completely lost and insecure against Hao Yin Chao and then losing that hard against FZD shouldnt be his current usual performance level.

But i am already excited for the singles event and happy for FZD that he was able to deal with Ma Long this time around.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I was kinda disappointed by Wang Chuqins performance.
Being completely lost and insecure against Hao Yin Chao and then losing that hard against FZD shouldnt be his current usual performance level.

But i am already excited for the singles event and happy for FZD that he was able to deal with Ma Long this time around.

To be honest, ML and FZD were on another level throughout the whole tournament. Their match against each other was the best indication of this supernatural level. I hope ML makes it to Houston.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Sweet revenge by FZD. I think at 6-10 down in the final set, FZD found some sort of Inner peace (cheekily quoting from Kung-fu panda) and then it was all over for the adversary. As an ardent fan of Table tennis, I've always enjoyed watching JZK over Ma Long and the same goes to the current rivalry; Seeing FZD play is lot more appealing than ML.

Reactions: Lazer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

He's not playing Men's Doubles with XX - they are from different provincial teams. ML pairing with Wang Chuqin to represent Beijing. Only cross-provincial pairing allowed is Xu Xin/Liu Shiwen.

That might actually be better for him - after all, they are the defending world champions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
These Chinese National Games are such a refreshment to watch after all the WTT garbage that has been putting out which they are ruining the sport with their new "innovative" (or more like dumb) side angle view. And I dread what WTT is doing with their garbage "new" way of showing their matches in a side angle view.

But in these Chinese National Games, even the early group stage matches were interesting to watch. Surprisingly the early group matches were being show in a corner of the court angle. And people have been commenting on forums and on youtube vidoes that the corner angle is the best. But WTT doesn't care what people want.

So it seems like as if the people that were in charge of setting up the camera angle in these Chinese National Games were actually reading people's pleas and comments that the corner angle is the best? Because on the other hand the WTT or ITTF whatever are a bunch of complete sellout, profit-driven greedy clowns that only care about you seeing their stupid ads in the side angle.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
These Chinese National Games are such a refreshment to watch after all the WTT garbage that has been putting out which they are ruining the sport with their new "innovative" (or more like dumb) side angle view. And I dread what WTT is doing with their garbage "new" way of showing their matches in a side angle view.

But in these Chinese National Games, even the early group stage matches were interesting to watch. Surprisingly the early group matches were being show in a corner of the court angle. And people have been commenting on forums and on youtube vidoes that the corner angle is the best. But WTT doesn't care what people want.

So it seems like as if the people that were in charge of setting up the camera angle in these Chinese National Games were actually reading people's pleas and comments that the corner angle is the best? Because on the other hand the WTT or ITTF whatever are a bunch of complete sellout, profit-driven greedy clowns that only care about you seeing their stupid ads in the side angle.

My thoughts exactly. A little sad that they have switched the angle back to the old way for the last bigger matches and today.
See the players from the cornerview makes it easier to acknowledge their athleticism and the way they are spinning the ball. Yeah even seeing the serve is way better this way.
And lets face it - the videoquality overall is really shitty again. But having the camera in the corner - way closer to the player makes counting pixel way less horrible.

So all in all i prefer the corner view over everything else.

Theo21;352806

very surprised that wcq lost to the defender. isn't the defender old? obviously good but still old.
Yep he is, but as you might have seen wcq was completely lost against his playstyle. Maybe he lacks experience against this playstyle. Just compare him to how Ma Long played against this style. He totally stomped him.

Last edited: