Why doesnt Moon Speed have any grip?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I just got and started playing with a sheet of Moon Speed hard sponge. The sponge feels fairly good, but one thing is immediately apparent, which is that the topsheet surface has no tack and almost no grip at all. This is really bizarre to me.Â

Unless you really engage the sponge with a long stroke, the ball just slides off the surface immediately. Its most apparent when I am blocking a smash or loop. Because I dont have much time to do my own stroke, the ball just drops straight down into the net. This one area of the rubber is really frustrating.Â

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I just got and started playing with a sheet of Moon Speed hard sponge. The sponge feels fairly good, but one thing is immediately apparent, which is that the topsheet surface has no tack and almost no grip at all. This is really bizarre to me.Â

Unless you really engage the sponge with a long stroke, the ball just slides off the surface immediately. Its most apparent when I am blocking a smash or loop. Because I dont have much time to do my own stroke, the ball just drops straight down into the net. This one area of the rubber is really frustrating.Â

If you take a ball and gently push it across the rubber surface with two fingers, you can actually slide the ball across the surface without rolling with fairly light pressure.