Looking for high arc rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
If you want high arc, don't bother with rakza 7 soft, just get rakza Z. Much higher arc, really makes it easy to keep the ball on the table.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
If you want high arc, don't bother with rakza 7 soft, just get rakza Z. Much higher arc, really makes it easy to keep the ball on the table.
Actually these hybrid sticky + cake sponged rubbers are quite difficult to make a proper high arc ball that has a lot of spin. If you overcook your loop you will not hit the table, it will go long.
In this regards I agree with brokenball that a high arc but low spin ball is counterproductive. I would even say that a H3 is not very good for this.
These sticky hard sponged rubbers can indeed make a high arc efortlessly but if you just brush alone there will be no significant amount of spin on the ball.

I also agree with brokenball that a soft sponged grippy rubber is more suitable for creating a very spinny ball with a brush motion such rubber as Rakza 7 soft. The 50+ degree sheets suck at this a lot.
I also see Chinese top players with H3 struggle with such soft open ups. FZD and Liang Jingkun suck at this shot very badly.

But it is true that it is easier to lift the ball on the table with H3 or hybrid rubbers just they are not going to be very intimidating and can be countered fairly easily. But if you are out of position and out of balance with Rakza 7 soft you are in also in a world of trouble, just a different kind.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Baal is probably the CEO of Butterfly Inc incognito.

Let's be fair to Baal here on this matter. Baal likes certain BTY products for the simple reason he likes the performance that suits his needs, not because it is BTY.

He used T05 for a real long time, and changed that out for Karis, as he got hooked on linear performance. (It pretty much doesn't get any more linear than Karis) He may or may not use it or play much TT any moar, not sure.

That would be some empirical evidence that Baal is not a BTY marketing arm, at least in his personal choices for equipment to use.

I am pretty much like you Gozo in that I do not believe in absolutes in T, there is no single correct answer for every situation.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Baal is probably the CEO of Butterfly Inc incognito.

Guys & Girls,

I Want to find out:

Which rubber has high throw or high arching trajectory with strong catapult effect and is cheaper than T05.

High arching trajectory to make slow spinny loop for opening up with safe and deep placement.

Strong catapult effect for powerful smash to finish points.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Gozo,

In general, the higher throw rubbers have a softer sponge... so in general, thank makes it more difficult to hit for power with ease.

In general, when you want more catapult, you are getting a much bouncier rubber... so the trade-off is that it is much more difficult to control with lower impacts like serve receive and connecting shots.

So... you ought to know what is going on and decide what you can live with. Everything has trade-offs and no single rubber does EVERYTHING outstanding.

Having said that, a rubber that is a much better balance of what you want and acceptable performance/control in the areas you are trading off is Tibhar FX-S.

ANOTHER thing to consider is a medium or medium throw rubber that still lands the ball well with high quality when you use your high throw kind of strokes... Tibhar MX-P and Nexy Tibhar MX-K are two of MANY in this class. Totally different properties, but under pressure when you are using your older high throw stroke at high impact, the ball still lands well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Rakza Z went up, up and up again in my opinion.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Rakza Z went up, up and up again in my opinion.

I have Rakza Z and Rakza X on the XVT ZL Koto (I know Michael asked about that blade, and I still didn't produce something) - and I 100% agree. Rakza Z is a bit harder than Rakza X, and still has higher throw. I don't play with this setup though.