Cure for the EJ

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Hey dudes, I have finally found a cure for EJing, it is so simple. Get a bat you enjoy playing with and play fairly well with.
It is that easy.

For me it is the Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon.

It is not the fastest but it is quick enough, now when I flat hit/drive with 1.9 Tenergy I hardly ever miss and because I am not holding back on the shot too maintain control it goes like a rocket.
Now because I stopped listening to everyone telling me that it is the wrong sort of blade for medium pimples, and just persisted with it, my medium pimple shots are decent. The main difference is I have to shorten the stroke. The blade is not as easy for me to use on backhand with pimples as the 7 ply wood fextra in general, but it is getting there.
But the improvements in my fh in the spin, drive return of serve, variation of serve are so overwhelming it is ridiculous.
My fat man crap lollipop block, is actually hardly ever not landing.

My consistency at getting balls on table has gone up so much it is silly.

I am still very weak in humid conditions and still get angry about that thing (you know) but I am playing so much better in general most of the time.

Because I am getting more consistent I am actually playing with varied spin and placement because I feel like the ball is going to land.

I stopped thinking everyone says get a stiff 7 ply wood for your pimples.
I ignored everyone saying Ma Lin Carbon has bad old carbon, get another more expensive blade.
Or Ma Lin Carbon is too slow for modern balls.

I just played with it for a few months.

A cured EJ

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
pd%20437%20front.jpg

Maybe I am not cured after all!!

Yinhe PD437, 1292hz

• Haha
Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Equipment Junkie. There is no real cure, only remission. That happens when you've surveyed the field of possibilities and found something you like and until the next new truly innovative gear breakthrough comes along.

Reactions: cytivrat and MOG
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Equipment Junkie. There is no real cure, only remission. That happens when you've surveyed the field of possibilities and found something you like and until the next new truly innovative gear breakthrough comes along.
Nothing is ground breaking. It is all marketing. The TT manufactuers lie and want to make you thing their new rubber is different/better. Unfortunately people think that equipment will make them better. It won't.

Reactions: lodro and MOG
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
Nothing is ground breaking. It is all marketing. The TT manufactuers lie and want to make you thing their new rubber is different/better. Unfortunately people think that equipment will make them better. It won't.

That is true.

I have played with countless blades and I still play well with my old Korbel or Clipper. To be honest, I don't think that any new blades will make me play better. But the joy of EJing is a different thing: it is a psychological effect.

So my advice is: stick to what you have and what you love.

I believe that the old classics like Korbel, Clipper, TBS, Viscaria, Acoustic, etc. are good enough for us, mere mortals.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
pd%20437%20front.jpg

Maybe I am not cured after all!!

Yinhe PD437, 1292hz

I posted this answer in relation to your other post (Ma Lin Carbon).

Let me repeat.

There is no cure for EJ !!!

The first step to cure EJing (if that can ever happen) is TO STOP VISITING ANY TT FORUMS. Better yet, stop using your web browser for any TT related topics.
Then, you can PROBABLY be cured.

🤣

Reactions: Ktandean and lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I posted this answer in relation to your other post (Ma Lin Carbon). Let me repeat. There is no cure for EJ !!! The first step to cure EJing (if that can ever happen) is TO STOP VISITING ANY TT FORUMS. Better yet, stop using your web browser for any TT related topics. Then, you can PROBABLY be cured. 🤣

I disagree. Not browsing TT is only a temporary repression. The only cure for EJ is to find the holy grail. I have.

Reactions: MOG