Cure for the EJ

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Let's hear Your holy grail???

Cheers
L-zr

I wrote something very specific. If you saw it, then God willed it. If not; my grail, not yours.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2021

That is true.

I have played with countless blades and I still play well with my old Korbel or Clipper. To be honest, I don't think that any new blades will make me play better. But the joy of EJing is a different thing: it is a psychological effect.

So my advice is: stick to what you have and what you love.

I believe that the old classics like Korbel, Clipper, TBS, Viscaria, Acoustic, etc. are good enough for us, mere mortals.

Concur "joy of Ejing" LOL

After coming back to the world of TT, I have had more than 8 blades in 8 months. I sold 5 of them and kept 3, with another on the way. Now I have pretty picked up where I left 20 years ago when i was a teen. There is no need for me to seek for the "right weapon" anymore but stilll..... LOL

Blades I have used during the previous 8 months after I picked up Table Tennis again
- Harimoto ALC (Sold)
- Butterfly Viscaria New (Sold, there is a difference between the newer ones and the ones produced 6 years ago)
- Butterfly Viscaria P series (Keeping it and I don't think I would ever let it go)
- Stiga Clipper Master (Sold)
- Stiga Allround Eva (Sold and a great blade to start with for basic looping rallies)
- Stiga Offensive Oversize WRB (Selling, that was the blade i retained from early 2000s when I was playing in college)
- Darker Speed 90 (Keeping it and I ordered another just in case. Just couldn't stop the addiction of the feeling and sounds!)
- Donic Waldner Carbon Senso V1 (Just for the heck it. Keeping it for a salute to my idol)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews

I disagree. Not browsing TT is only a temporary repression. The only cure for EJ is to find the holy grail. I have.

You are actually correct. Not browsing any TT forums can only help a bit. THERE IS NO CURE !!!!

I am content with my blade now, but after playing with it for few weeks, I get the itch to try something different. I think I have found the holy grail, but still, in the back of my mind, I think that there is another holy grail (that I have not found yet). 🤣

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
The general and most majority concur that EJ is bad and to be frown upon.

However, this is my take and seen from my perspective. Let me state my peace:

1. If TT do not have such a variety of gears, I could have abandon this sport and do something else. It was this EJ'ing and testing out gears that made me stay with this sports for so long time. EJ'ing is what kept me coming back to the sports over and over again. I am an avid esport player ( League of Legends / 5v5 PvP type ). I could play different roles and this is what keeps the game interesting. The rule of the game is the same always, and yet it is because of this variety that makes it so attractive. Different combos, different set-up etc.

2. I could not imagine playing the same set-up over and over again for years and years. I would have been bored shitless.

Thank you.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
So I am fed up of how rubbish the MLC is with my pimples on bh, especially with ABS balls.

I am going back to 7 ply wood again.

PD 437 for now.

But I will have to try the other 10 7 ply woods I have not yet tried!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
So I am fed up of how rubbish the MLC is with my pimples on bh, especially with ABS balls.

I am going back to 7 ply wood again.

PD 437 for now.

But I will have to try the other 10 7 ply woods I have not yet tried!!

Just buy a Clipper.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015

I tried 3 clippers in past and I find them too stiff on FH.
My fh technique breaks down with clipper.

I been trying a Yinhe PD437 which is similar, seems ok I think.

Pips are nice on it.

buy a proper outer carbon bat. seven ply wood is always going to compromise your fh loopies. if a clipper isn't good on your fh then pd437 won't be either. why not nittaku acoustic outer carbon with the large handle. it meets all your ej requirements. expensive ✅ big brand ✅ pro uses (MIma 💝) ✅

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think it is hard to find a blade that is really good for smashing with short pimple and for looping with backside. I find it hard. Softer is easier to create spin and harder better for smash. One option could be working on your technique as well.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I think it is hard to find a blade that is really good for smashing with short pimple and for looping with backside. I find it hard. Softer is easier to create spin and harder better for smash. One option could be working on your technique as well.

I think you are right Lula. I could stay with the PD437 and work on the forehand, the pips are great on this blade. But I find the new ABS balls not so good with my pimples too.

But there must be a 7 ply wood that has a little more ease for topspin, but still retains some stiffness. Something a bit less than Clipper, Force Pro Black, Fextra.

I do wonder about trying an OSP Immune with Mahogany for bh. But I read somewhere they are slow.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

I think you are right Lula. I could stay with the PD437 and work on the forehand, the pips are great on this blade. But I find the new ABS balls not so good with my pimples too.

But there must be a 7 ply wood that has a little more ease for topspin, but still retains some stiffness. Something a bit less than Clipper, Force Pro Black, Fextra.

I do wonder about trying an OSP Immune with Mahogany for bh. But I read somewhere they are slow.

You know that you are chasing a unicorn and chasing opposite factors? If I remember correctly you already were on a 7 ply rampage. I remember you stating to try blades from all kinds of stiffness/flexibility range.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Maybe you can focus on other aspects of playing with short pimples?