This user has no status.
Oct 2016
What is the problem With pips on MLC?

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Its just a bit erratic compares to the 7 ply woods. It is not as stable when blocking and hitting.
But my fh is so much superior and my serves incidentally.

I am going to have to learn how to make the pimples work on MLC

I think as you have suggested before Lula I am going to have to be more subtle with the pimples, not just smash and counter everything.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
This time I actually have found the bat to rule all bats.
My BBFF - Best bat forever friend!! 😀

It is very good quality and feels very solid. 92g

crest%20full%20jpg.jpeg

Should be a bit stiffer, better for the pips.

Last edited:

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015

crest%20full%20jpg.jpeg

Dude, don't troll us with this rubbish bat. You won't make it to Christmas with this setup. Now if it was a Mima Ito Carbon 25% off the story would be completely different. You might keep it until Easter even.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MOG and quanghuysk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
For fun only, may be we need to set up a poll: "how long MOG is going to use this BBFF?"

a. < 1 week
b. < 1 month
c. < 2 months
d. < 3 months
e. Forever

😊

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews

crest%20full%20jpg.jpeg

I'll just quote an EJ friend of mine: "No you are just being silly!"
🤣🤣🤣

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Just had an amazing training session with the crest. My consistency was off the scale.
Then played a match and it was awful, easy to use but easier for the opponent.

Stiffer blade gave me more control and consistency.

But took away from my spin variation and max spin and speed on fh.

Table Tennis is such a wonderful and weird game.

To quote Coldplay "when you get what you want, but what you need". I am sure he was talking to EJ's when he wrote that lyric.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
What do you think of a hinoki carbon blade? Like primorac carbon or tsp/vicas hino carbon?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
I am struggling with the exact same problem as you. 7 Ply ist great for the Pips, but the forehand lacks feeling.

5 Ply ist good for forehand, but lacks stiffness for the pips.

Right now I am Using a 5 + 2 Glassfibre blade with Kiri Core in the Off- Range - Lion Absolut Intact.

Feels solid with the pips, but has just a tiny bit flex for the forehand. I like it alot and it's only 35 Euro / Dollar.

Also, if you like Keiler you should try Gipfelsturm. I've never had a pip so versatile and controllable, but still disruptive enough to gain 2 to 3 easy points a set. Only downside for me is - like any Spinlord Short Pip - that the Tension Sponge dies after 8 weeks and I have to replace it...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019

Years ago before plastic ball I tried Primorac carbon on a few occassions and didn't like it at all.
It was considered one of the fastest blade available back then with "not much feeling". Not much spin also. Hitters blade, too fast for me.
Maybe with plastic ball it's better.
Once I tried Joola Rossi Emotion and I liked that one a lot. I think it is also hinoki carbon.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I am struggling with the exact same problem as you. 7 Ply ist great for the Pips, but the forehand lacks feeling.

Right now I am Using a 5 + 2 Glassfibre blade with Kiri Core in the Off- Range - Lion Absolut Intact.

Feels solid with the pips, but has just a tiny bit flex for the forehand. I like it alot and it's only 35 Euro / Dollar.

Also, if you like Keiler you should try Gipfelsturm. I've never had a pip so versatile and controllable, but still disruptive enough to gain 2 to 3 easy points a set. Only downside for me is - like any Spinlord Short Pip - that the Tension Sponge dies after 8 weeks and I have to replace it...

This is the problem with pips and good fh topspin,

The thing I have realised is this, although my pip play is difficult for opponent. It is actually more important to have good tight serves and spinny fast loops and hard drives on fh. Especially the tight serve and spinny opener on fh. So overall for me, it is better to have the fh favoured blade.

I think BRS would concur with this!!

Also I hit a lot with my pips, I am not some pussy bh blocker, hoping for cheap points and deception.
Although the deception and blocking comes in handy at times, and is a component I need to improve, I do need to develop a chop block really.

Reactions: Short_Pimple

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016

Are the pips weak on the V+?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
In my opinion the V+ isn't solid enough for pimple play. But I know some people who like V+ or Korbel Type Blade for Pips.

I agree with your statement, that a tight serve and solid forehand is more important than pips play alone. But its quite easy to find a "weak spot" for an opponent if your going to try to hit or drive every ball with the pimples. Chop Block or just soft blocks are a great way to get your opponents to play a weaker ball that can be used to your advantage.

a change of pace and spin will step your game up for sure 👍

for my game I try to mix things up a lot. If my opponent can't get a rhythm I get a lot more chances to win point with my forehand.

Last edited:

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015

This is the problem with pips and good fh topspin,

The thing I have realised is this, although my pip play is difficult for opponent. It is actually more important to have good tight serves and spinny fast loops and hard drives on fh. Especially the tight serve and spinny opener on fh. So overall for me, it is better to have the fh favoured blade.

I think BRS would concur with this!!

I do agree. You need the Mima Ito Carbon - 25% off!!