Palio Hadou 40+ or HK1997 Gold?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Anybody who knows these rubbers can tell me, what is the difference between these 2 rubbers? Both appear to be semi-tacky, fairly fast, forehand style rubbers. Which would be better in speed and spin?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
I'm playing with HK1997 Gold, and I've tried a fellow club-m8s Hadou ..

The 1997 Gold has a harder sponge .. ..
Both rubbers offer good control, but I feel the Hadou edges past the HK1997, in this department..
In terms speed, I think the HK 1997 Gold is a notch faster..
Can't make-out much of a difference, between the two, in terms of spin.

The HK1997 Gold's top-sheet started to delaminate from the Sponge, at the edges, within a week or 2. I stuck the top-sheet back to the sponge, with some water glue. It's now been around 2 months since and it seems to be holding-up so far.. Not noticing any new delamination.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
The Hadou is a bit slower and doesn't give you as much spin as the HK1997 Gold gives. The HK1997 is much more tacky than the Hadou. The HK1997 isn't fast at all but I recall the Hadou to be even slower.

Some people have said the HK1997 is quite fast. How is the speed compared to your Big Dipper, which I also use and like.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

Some people have said the HK1997 is quite fast. How is the speed compared to your Big Dipper, which I also use and like.

Now I have used the Big Dipper 39 deg on my forehand the latest, and tried out the H8-80 38 deg on backhand. This is a really nice combination for me. Well, I feel that Big Dipper is a notch behind H3N in speed and spin, but really sufficent for my forehand and a bit more controllable. So Big Dipper gives me much more offensive qualities than HK1997. Don't know if HK1997 has a softer top sheet, but something with this one made me remove it from my blade :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

Now I have used the Big Dipper 39 deg on my forehand the latest, and tried out the H8-80 38 deg on backhand. This is a really nice combination for me. Well, I feel that Big Dipper is a notch behind H3N in speed and spin, but really sufficent for my forehand and a bit more controllable. So Big Dipper gives me much more offensive qualities than HK1997. Don't know if HK1997 has a softer top sheet, but something with this one made me remove it from my blade :)

Both boosted with Haifu Seamoon Booster...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Â

I just cant see how you got to this conclusion. I have big dipper and h3neo, and the h3 is so slow, the big dipper is far more bouncy.Â

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

What degrees of hardness do you have on these rubbers?

I have H3 H40, and Big Dipper H40. Again, they are not even close in my opinion. Big Dipper is so much bouncier for me. It doesnt even seem like the rubber is made of the same material.

The fact that you said HK1997 is slower than H3 sounds really odd to me. Ive used the Palio ak47, and HK1997 is even harder than AK47 sponge. AK47 also is much much faster than H3.

Last edited: