ALC vs ZLC vs

says regularly shitposting
says regularly shitposting
Jul 2019
So this is a bit of a general question that I cannot ask correctly and cannot expect a clear answer.

So maybe general observations and experiences the forum members have had with these types of blades (ALC) (ZLC).

Some questions to be considered (whichever you feel like, not all):

Which material do you prefer and why ?
Inner composition vs Outer composition ?
Some thoughts on what composition suits a style or maybe compliments ?
Maybe you dont like carbon and/or synthetic layers, would also love to hear why ?

In reality I am probably not asking the correct questions, and this is not really a thread that wants to decide which material is better, maybe just everyone's(or just whoever decides to reply) feel for these types of blades. Maybe you've tested a lot, maybe you've tried one and felt like its perfect, you dont even have to mention the blade itself just the material and what you liked or disliked about it.

Thank you.

Reactions: wheelbuilder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I like both, and I don't think either is better than the other. Certainly they have their own benefits.
Currently I am playing with an Innerforce Zlc, but prior I've played with Viscaria like blades which are ALC.
The main advantage of ZLC is that zylon has higher tensile strength than arylate. Zlc blades are also faster, so blade makers can make thinner blades and have the same or greater reaction than thicker arylate blades with same wood materials used. Thinner blades tend to be lighter too.
An inner construction blade has the advantage that on low power shots it feels closer to an all wood blade, but the special materials enhance the speed on powerful shots. ZLC gives offers more speed than ALC.
An outer construction blade has the advantage to create a faster ball even with a weaker stroke and if you really want to put a ball away and finish it outer blades are faster so for this better. The disadvantage of this high reaction is that you might make a faster ball when you don't want, like push the ball high above the table.
So just by looking at the pro players, larger sized powerful players tend to like inner alc type blades. Small sized powerful players inner zlc, players with good touch and feeling will like outer alc, and the players with just superb technique and control select outer zlc.

Reactions: JustANoob
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Through all my EJ attempts I tried to look for patterns, understand different materials, and the only thing I learned is that blade is not a sum of its parts. I tried numerous blades but Donic Ovtcharov Senso No.1, V14 Pro, and Gambler Fire Dragon Touch are by far my favorite blades. They have different compositions but I think that Inner fiber is my preferred composition, when it comes to ALC/ZLC/KLC/XXC, then I would say it depends on overall blade performance not so the material used.