Which plastic ball is the best ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021
Hey guys,
we need new plastic balls and I´ve done some research on the internet.
The Nitakku Premium used to be the best ball at all the test 3-4 years ago.
The DHS WTT also seems to be pretty good.

Joola and Andro might be okay if u consider the price but thats not an issue for me.

Please share your experience :)

Thanks!

This user has no status.

DHS DJ40+ are supposed to be exactly the same as the D40+, but with better quality control.

Yes, the DHS DJ40 + has stricter criteria for quality, weight, roundness and hardness. The tolerance of these values has a smaller range.
Today, DHS only offers DJ40WTT balls, where the tolerance range is 30%, 35% and 46%, with an image from the DHS catalog attached -

DHS balls were the most popular in the celluloid era. The DHS 40+ were not successful balls, but the DHS D40 + are definitely on their way, gaining great popularity again. I consider the very important flight characteristics and natural reflection to be the most important. Durability is excellent. We stopped using Joola Flash balls, poor durability and are twice as expensive.
There is complete satisfaction with the DHS D40 +.

Last edited:
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Hey guys,
we need new plastic balls and I´ve done some research on the internet.
The Nitakku Premium used to be the best ball at all the test 3-4 years ago.
The DHS WTT also seems to be pretty good.

Joola and Andro might be okay if u consider the price but thats not an issue for me.

Please share your experience :)

Thanks!

For me, I am not brand conscious, My only preference is the 40+ ball must be seamless and have 3 star ratings. Any brand that meet this criteria I am happy. Next I will choose the brand which meet the aforementioned criteria that cost the least amount of money to purchase.

Mar 2021
Both the Nittaku and DHS balls mentioned above have seams. I recommend not refusing seamed balls until these are tried

So far, seamless balls I have played with have never break in between the seams. The same cannot be said for seamed ball, even Nittaku Premium 3 stars.

Yeah, sometimes, I hit overly hard... 😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021
Currently I like most Gewo Select Pro and DHS D40+ World Tour.DHS DJ40+ /the Doha version/ is claimed to be the same as the D40+ but with stricter quality control, but but I don't think so.The DJ has a different sound, more sharp and clicky, which I don't like much.
There is no "D40+ World Tour", only D40+ and DJ40+ "World Tour" (also "Busan", "Tokyo" and, the most recent, "WTT").

Dont' remember where exactly, but DHS stated that DJ40+ balls are made of "optimized" (compared to D40+, I guess?) ABS-plastic. Whatever it means.

And yes, all DJ40+ are made of the same plastic and differ only in quality control.

I believe, as official ball for Tokyo and WTT events, DJ40+ become a benchmark. So personally I wouldn't look at seamless balls or Nittaku Premium anymore, as they are (please, correct me, if I'm wrong!) made of non-ABS plastic, and thus feel quite different, like "lighter" and "softer" (don't really care about the sound).

How Gewo Select Pro compares to DJ40+? I think all european tournaments are still played with balls other than DHS. Which balls are used there? (But still, who knows, maybe that's about to change...)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019

So far, seamless balls I have played with have never break in between the seams. The same cannot be said for seamed ball, even Nittaku Premium 3 stars.

Yeah, sometimes, I hit overly hard... 😁

True.. Infact, since the 40mm era, the best I've played with are XuShaoFa Seamless..

Interesting. I have found the XSF balls break quite easily when I catch them with the edge of my racket. I mostly play with Nittaku Premiums.

Reactions: yoass
There is no "D40+ World Tour", only D40+ and DJ40+ "World Tour" (also "Busan", "Tokyo" and, the most recent, "WTT").

Dont' remember where exactly, but DHS stated that DJ40+ balls are made of "optimized" (compared to D40+, I guess?) ABS-plastic. Whatever it means.

And yes, all DJ40+ are made of the same plastic and differ only in quality control.

I believe, as official ball for Tokyo and WTT events, DJ40+ become a benchmark. So personally I wouldn't look at seamless balls or Nittaku Premium anymore, as they are (please, correct me, if I'm wrong!) made of non-ABS plastic, and thus feel quite different, like "lighter" and "softer" (don't really care about the sound).

How Gewo Select Pro compares to DJ40+? I think all european tournaments are still played with balls other than DHS. Which balls are used there? (But still, who knows, maybe that's about to change...)

Ok, this is what I mean - the D40+ World Tour Edition

And the DJ40+ BUSAN /I wrongly noted DOHA edition/

And I really don't like the Busan ones.

Last edited:
WT.png

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
They are all rubbish, they do not spin in the same way. It took me 45 years to learn how to spin a ball, and now its a useless attribute.Joola Flash are the only decent ball left, once you pick out all the eggs.