WTT Contender Doha 2021

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
The first International table tennis event of 2021 begins later this month with a World Table Tennis event in Doha! There will be two events in Doha, the contender and star event. This topic is for the contender event.

The WTT Contender Doha has a prize pool of $200,000!

A fantastic tournament to follow, be sure to get involved in the TTD discussions. We can use this topic as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this World Table Tennis event! What are your predictions for the men's and women's singles?

Results from WTT can be found here.

Reactions: bobpuls
says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
The video is horrible, The camera is so faraway that I cannot see the ball during play. In contrast with the also ongoing Chinese National Games, their camera angle is more online spectator friendly. Kudos to the Chinese side.

OK, now I want to state a little observation: In the game above btw Hugo versus Simon, I see that these two European players play very faraway from the table. Almost 4-5 meters away, looping to and fro. In contrast, the Chinese side play much much closer to the table and their play style is more counter-topspin and quick counter attacking style.

Anyone on the same page as I am. I mean I hardly see the Chinese Games participant play as such distance as Simon & Hugo.

Reactions: Tipiak
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
The video is horrible, The camera is so faraway that I cannot see the ball during play. In contrast with the also ongoing Chinese National Games, their camera angle is more online spectator friendly. Kudos to the Chinese side.

OK, now I want to state a little observation: In the game above btw Hugo versus Simon, I see that these two European players play very faraway from the table. Almost 4-5 meters away, looping to and fro. In contrast, the Chinese side play much much closer to the table and their play style is more counter-topspin and quick counter attacking style.

Anyone on the same page as I am. I mean I hardly see the Chinese Games participant play as such distance as Simon & Hugo.

Hugo is Brazilian from what i know.

Reactions: SamTheMan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Winning this event put Hina Hayata at #21 on the world ranking list ... up 6 spots. I want her to win the Asian Championships to move up even further!

Unfortunately, even a victory will bring her a maximum of 500 points ...
Will enter the second ten, but not higher than 17th place ...

We wish her the best of luck in Doha and the World Championships in November!