C
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 6 0

User Info Menu

Sep 2021
    Hong Kong
    Read 0 Reviews

I need some help with my rubbers

I’ve recently got back to table tennis and recently had a viscaria and two Donic blue fires but they’re quite worn out… I wanna compete for my school or on the outside again but don’t know what rubbers I should change to… originally thought hurricane for Fh and tenergy for BH… any alternatives or suggestions? Thanks

says May the Spin be with you!

Established TTD Member 94 183
    says May the Spin be with you!

Established TTD Member 183 94
    Donic Bluefire M1 for FH and M2 for BH is a good combo for most modern offensive set up. You can't go wrong from this. This, I feel should be the default set up for slightly serious amateur player who has some form of coaching, be it serious or recreationally.

Hurricane H3 for FH with Tenergy 05 as BH is the default set-up for Chinese National Men team. The only problem is unless you have a coach to teach you how to use this properly, you may not use this set-up to its max potential.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 47 73
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 73 47
    I´m using Viscaria with Fastarc G1 (FH) & Fastarc S1 (BH), works nice and it´s pretty safe, no more balls flying outside the table.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 6
    C
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 6 0

User Info Menu

Sep 2021
    Hong Kong
    Read 0 Reviews

Is it ok to change my fh to a hurricane 3? As my rubbers are quite old and haven’t been used in about 3 years how do I refresh them, thanks

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 209 333
    L
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 333 209
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyndicoot
    Is it ok to change my fh to a hurricane 3? As my rubbers are quite old and haven’t been used in about 3 years how do I refresh them, thanks
    If you are returning now to TT and didn't play H3 before, it is probably better that you use a bit more lively rubber for some time as Gozo says, because otherwise you might get disappointed with H3, and that would be a pitty. Later on you will find out what you like and dislike. With H3, it is better that you know up-front that you want it, and that means you won't need to ask others. Regarding rubbers, there is many. Cheap ones like Palio AK47 is a good start, imo.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 27 85
    A
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 85 27

User Info Menu

Sep 2020
    Germany
    Read 1 Reviews

If you are not planning on changing your playstyle i would not. Donic bluefire feels way different than a Hurricane 3 especially unboosted.
    I would advise to just get back to the same rubbermodel or get yourself the mentioned Stiga alternative or even Xiom (you should be fine with the Vega series, like Vega Europe on FH and Pro on backhand for example). You should be able to perform better with it than with a Hurricane 3.

says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.

Elite TTD Member 597 1,376
    K
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.

Elite TTD Member 1,376 597
    Quote Originally Posted by Gozo
    Donic Bluefire M1 for FH and M2 for BH is a good combo for most modern offensive set up. You can't go wrong from this. This, I feel should be the default set up for slightly serious amateur player who has some form of coaching, be it serious or recreationally.

Hurricane H3 for FH with Tenergy 05 as BH is the default set-up for Chinese National Men team. The only problem is unless you have a coach to teach you how to use this properly, you may not use this set-up to its max potential.

+1, those Donic rubbers are very good.

I've been running Gewo El Pro 48, and I would recommend this rubber for both FH and BH any day of the week. Fastarc G1 is also very good.

WTB Butterfly Ovtcharov and Yasaka Atletico Power, PM me if you want to sell one.

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 63 151
    F
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 151 63

User Info Menu

Jan 2021
    UK
    Read 1 Reviews

If your current Blue Fires are worn-out, and if you've been happy with them, then why not simply replace with new Blue Fires..

The Following User Likes Funk Fu Master's Post:

Kuba Hajto

This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 6
    C
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 6 0

User Info Menu

Sep 2021
    Hong Kong
    Read 0 Reviews
    Umm… legit need a quick help, I went to impulse buy and got at tenergy 05 and hurricane , any help on how to get used to them or just play more

says modestly attempting kōhaiship of Jeul-Tak

Master TTD Member 2,420 2,518
    says modestly attempting kōhaiship of Jeul-Tak

Master TTD Member 2,518 2,420
    You’re in a good place with two top-notch, but wildly different rubbers.

Play more. Get a good training partner, or more, and if you can find and afford one a good coach. As rubbers go, humans are flexible learners, in principle, and will learn to cope with anything. Still, you may develop some or other preference.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 6
    C
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 6 0

User Info Menu

Sep 2021
    Hong Kong
    Read 0 Reviews
    But also… if I can’t find the hurricane 3 blue sponge as it’s a bit too pricy, which other version or any other neo province versions would do the job

This user has no status.

TTD Member 17 59
    B
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 59 17
    Get a provincial one or even a commercial Hurricane 8 they're both really nice... if you use booster ^^

This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 6
    C
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 6 0

User Info Menu

Sep 2021
    Hong Kong
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bram Vroonland
    Get a provincial one or even a commercial Hurricane 8 they're both really nice... if you use booster ^^

If I don’t is hurricane 8 still best

This user has no status.

TTD Member 17 59
    B
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 59 17

If I don’t is hurricane 8 still best

Â

Then get the Xiom Tau II which has already been recommended.

Elite TTD Member 597 1,376
    K

Elite TTD Member 1,376 597
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahBruce

How much cost for this?

I payed 25-30€ for Gewo El Pro and about 45€ for Fastarc G1.

WTB Butterfly Ovtcharov and Yasaka Atletico Power, PM me if you want to sell one.