I need some help with my rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021
I’ve recently got back to table tennis and recently had a viscaria and two Donic blue fires but they’re quite worn out… I wanna compete for my school or on the outside again but don’t know what rubbers I should change to… originally thought hurricane for Fh and tenergy for BH… any alternatives or suggestions? Thanks

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Donic Bluefire M1 for FH and M2 for BH is a good combo for most modern offensive set up. You can't go wrong from this. This, I feel should be the default set up for slightly serious amateur player who has some form of coaching, be it serious or recreationally.

Hurricane H3 for FH with Tenergy 05 as BH is the default set-up for Chinese National Men team. The only problem is unless you have a coach to teach you how to use this properly, you may not use this set-up to its max potential.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021

Is it ok to change my fh to a hurricane 3? As my rubbers are quite old and haven’t been used in about 3 years how do I refresh them, thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Is it ok to change my fh to a hurricane 3? As my rubbers are quite old and haven’t been used in about 3 years how do I refresh them, thanks

If you are returning now to TT and didn't play H3 before, it is probably better that you use a bit more lively rubber for some time as Gozo says, because otherwise you might get disappointed with H3, and that would be a pitty. Later on you will find out what you like and dislike. With H3, it is better that you know up-front that you want it, and that means you won't need to ask others. Regarding rubbers, there is many. Cheap ones like Palio AK47 is a good start, imo.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews

If you are not planning on changing your playstyle i would not. Donic bluefire feels way different than a Hurricane 3 especially unboosted.
I would advise to just get back to the same rubbermodel or get yourself the mentioned Stiga alternative or even Xiom (you should be fine with the Vega series, like Vega Europe on FH and Pro on backhand for example). You should be able to perform better with it than with a Hurricane 3.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Donic Bluefire M1 for FH and M2 for BH is a good combo for most modern offensive set up. You can't go wrong from this. This, I feel should be the default set up for slightly serious amateur player who has some form of coaching, be it serious or recreationally.

Hurricane H3 for FH with Tenergy 05 as BH is the default set-up for Chinese National Men team. The only problem is unless you have a coach to teach you how to use this properly, you may not use this set-up to its max potential.

+1, those Donic rubbers are very good.

I've been running Gewo El Pro 48, and I would recommend this rubber for both FH and BH any day of the week. Fastarc G1 is also very good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021
Umm… legit need a quick help, I went to impulse buy and got at tenergy 05 and hurricane , any help on how to get used to them or just play more

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
You’re in a good place with two top-notch, but wildly different rubbers.

Play more. Get a good training partner, or more, and if you can find and afford one a good coach. As rubbers go, humans are flexible learners, in principle, and will learn to cope with anything. Still, you may develop some or other preference.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021
But also… if I can’t find the hurricane 3 blue sponge as it’s a bit too pricy, which other version or any other neo province versions would do the job