Butterfly viscaria 2021

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hello,

My club has a butterfly viscaria available. It is a 2021 version ( V serial number ). The weight of the blade is 91 grams and the handle seems thicker than previous versions. Has someone plays with V series, how is it? Moreover, I have read on this forum that the best weight for viscaria is between 87-92 grams. I tried my friends viscaria and liked it a lot and plan on buying it. Just wondering if i should go with this v series viscaria with 91 grams. Please let me know.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
That series is meant to feel more grabby (higher dwell) and less crisp than earlier batches. It was butterfly's way of making the Vis feel more like an inner composition.

Funnily enough the ML5X has gone the opposite and it feels crisper. Eventually they'll meet in the middle 🤣

To each their own, if you're a Vis fan, they'll feel close enough to one another when you close your eyes hahaha

Reactions: thomas.pong

yhf

This user has no status.

yhf

This user has no status.
Jan 2022
i have just got a v series viscaria but not sure if its authentic. can someone help?
I just got a V series Viscaria, I am not sure about mine, but maybe I could post some pics here to see if our blades are of similar quality

this website image upload is so shitty, message me and we can compare our blades.

Mine is Viscaria + 2 sides Tenergy 05

• Haha
Reactions: lodro

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021
I recently got a V series 84g. I’ve found it slightly harder and faster vs S series 88g. No hollowness, the same solid springy feeling on both.

Rakza Z EH Max didn’t play well on S series on fh. I’m really happy with it on V series, on fh it has just the right amount of extra speed/catapult.

The softer (duller?) feeling S would sometimes throw the ball long on close to the table fh topspin (against a topspin ball, usually a passive block).

Backhand is pretty much the same, not much difference. S series was abit easier to active block back strong loops. Anyways nothing bad on bh that can’t be fixed with practice, it’s perfect 😀

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2021
I've been playing a V series for 4 months now and I think it's great. Power and touch. Can't go wrong with it mate.