Alternatives to boosted neo hurricane 3 and dignics 05

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021
I've been playing a slightly boosted version of the dhs neo hurricane 3 (boosted with baby oil lol which hasn't changed much the feeling of the rubber) on both sides with timo boll alc. Now that I'm starting to get a solid backhand technique, I might change to something along the lines of dignics 05 or tenergy 05. Recently I've also been looking for either an alternative to the boosted NH3 version chinese people use because I'm not fond of the idea of boosting my rubber with professional booster every time I need to change rubbers and because boosters are expensive. What are some alternatives to NH3 (boosted) and the popular butterfly equipment?

The only thing i dislike about the dhs neo hurricane 3 is its weight. Mich heavier than other rubbers ive tried

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I've been playing a slightly boosted version of the dhs neo hurricane 3 (boosted with baby oil lol which hasn't changed much the feeling of the rubber) on both sides with timo boll alc. Now that I'm starting to get a solid backhand technique, I might change to something along the lines of dignics 05 or tenergy 05. Recently I've also been looking for either an alternative to the boosted NH3 version chinese people use because I'm not fond of the idea of boosting my rubber with professional booster every time I need to change rubbers and because boosters are expensive. What are some alternatives to NH3 (boosted) and the popular butterfly equipment?The only thing i dislike about the dhs neo hurricane 3 is its weight. Mich heavier than other rubbers ive tried

Are you looking for an inexpensive Chinese option? or a Euro/Jap option? Some of the best Chinese rubbers I have tried are Big Dipper, Reactor Tornado V5, Loki Rxton, AK47, Yinhe Moon. I have a few more on order coming in.Outside Chinese, Nittaku G1, Xiom are pretty close to Tenergy but significantly cheaper. Donic is good too. Yasaka Rakza 7 is good choice too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tipiak
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
My Hurricanes are not that heavy compared to harder rubbers (47°) Made in Germany. Usually my 39° and 40° H3 (Neos) weighted between 43g and 48g (some unboosted) cut but I do remove the factory glue layer from the Neos. Tenergy 05s are around 50g, Dignics seems to be one or two grams lighter. G-1, Rakza 7 or Vega Pro are also around 48g - 50g (>= 2.0 mm sponge). Victas V>15 Extra maybe a bit lighter (not much info on the web, mine weights 46g in max). Somewhat lighter is the Victas V>11 Extra at around 42g to 44g. Great for backhand, feels softer than 47°. Medium/low arc, enough spin for me but not on the level of Tenergy or H3, pretty fast.

Can't remember which one is H3 and which is Battle 2 Provincial but this is the effect of baby oil (paraffinum liquidum with some isopropyl palmitate not the vegetable oil based ones). These never totally flattened again i.e. the topsheet is always slightly stretched which is the effect that I want (not so much the softening of the sponge)
h3_b2_1s%20%285%29.jpg

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021

Are you looking for an inexpensive Chinese option? or a Euro/Jap option? Some of the best Chinese rubbers I have tried are Big Dipper, Reactor Tornado V5, Loki Rxton, AK47, Yinhe Moon. I have a few more on order coming in.Outside Chinese, Nittaku G1, Xiom are pretty close to Tenergy but significantly cheaper. Donic is good too. Yasaka Rakza 7 is good choice too.

thanks for the chinese recommendations! i will probably try one of those on an old viscaria blade since theyre really cheap. i think i will buy a victas v15 extra as its only 31 euros on amazon right now. i will keep nittaku fastarc g1 in mind as it's also pretty cheap.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Bad news for you, boosted H3 40o is lighter than all Euro/Jap alternatives.
Especially when compared to most hybrid rubbers. Rakza Z 2.0 mm around 51g, Codexx EL Pro 52 2.0 mm around 53g - 55g (plays like a faster H3).
Tabletennis11 also reviewed some of these: Rakza Z Extra Hard 56g, BlueGrip C1 61g, BlueGrip C2 53g.
The only hybrid that I tested (and still play) which was below 50g was the Victas Triple Extra 2.0 mm around 48g cut even though it has a harder sponge than my H3s (55° ESN ~ 41° DHS).
Edit: The Victas Triple Extra is also the only new hybrid rubber not made by ESN in Germany.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tango K
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Don't forget XIOM Tau II. It's supposed to be close to boosted H3. H3N is not that heavy unless all you've been playing are really soft light rubbers. You can compensate for the weight by getting lighter blades.

says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
I've been playing a slightly boosted version of the dhs neo hurricane 3 (boosted with baby oil lol which hasn't changed much the feeling of the rubber) on both sides with timo boll alc. Now that I'm starting to get a solid backhand technique, I might change to something along the lines of dignics 05 or tenergy 05. Recently I've also been looking for either an alternative to the boosted NH3 version chinese people use because I'm not fond of the idea of boosting my rubber with professional booster every time I need to change rubbers and because boosters are expensive. What are some alternatives to NH3 (boosted) and the popular butterfly equipment?

The only thing i dislike about the dhs neo hurricane 3 is its weight. Mich heavier than other rubbers ive tried

One should not shy away from heavy rubber, heavy set up makes your forearm big & strong and manly, like Popeye. Unless you are a girl. 👱*♀️

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021

One should not shy away from heavy rubber, heavy set up makes your forearm big & strong and manly, like Popeye. Unless you are a girl. 👱*♀️

Not if you have wrist problems 😬

Reactions: pilami
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021

Bad news for you, boosted H3 40o is lighter than all Euro/Jap alternatives.

what does 400 mean? My setup with timo boll alc and H3 Neo is more or less the same weight as my old racket with MX-P both sides without carbon blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
what does 400 mean? My setup with timo boll alc and H3 Neo is more or less the same weight as my old racket with MX-P both sides without carbon blade.
I think he meant H3 with a 40° sponge. Rackets weighing the same might not feel the same. Especially weight distribution can make a huge difference. Had that today when I tried to test V>15 Extra and V>15 Stiff vs. V>11 Extra on the backhand. One TSP Swat with both V>15s (178g) and one Victas Swat with Victas Triple Extra and V>11 (182g) . The heavier setup with the heavier blade (~3g to 4g) felt lighter because it is a bit less head heavy (also less strain on the wrist)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021

The heavier setup with the heavier blade (~3g to 4g) felt lighter because it is a bit less head heavy (also less strain on the wrist)

I was asking myself the same thing today. I think my DHS setup's weight is less evenly distributed making it seem heavier. Maybe I can change the way I hold my racket to make it seem less heavy and to take care of my wrist? Idk.. I'll try Victas V>15 Extra first and see if it's ok.

Last edited:
Mar 2021
Not if you have wrist problems 😬
Lock your wrist, elbow and arm and solely use your body rotation to generate the force. Remember: Power from the ground. To compensate this, you then need to move more around the table. But if one has slow movement + wrist problem = just play for fun and enjoy the social aspect of it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Has anyone played with T19? BTY claims that T19 has improved spin capability. I wonder how does it play vs D05 and boosted H3?
1697902988175.png

When I tried T19 I felt it's pretty good on BH since its arc is lower than T05 and it has a softer feel.
They only say that it is a hair faster than T05 but I think it's more than what the chart shows.

It's really not worth comparing it to H3 or even D05. Doesn't remotely resemble any of them.

On FH I think T19 sucks a lot.