Yasaka Rakza 7 vs Nittaku Fastarc G-1

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Hi,

I'd like a comparison between Yasaka Rakza 7 & Nittaku Fastarc G-1, preferably from players/members who've played with both, and on the following parameters..
  • Spin
  • Speed
  • Grip
  • Bounce
  • Arc
  • Top-spin (Along with Ability to lift back-spin)
  • Blocking
  • Flat-hits
  • Over-the-table pushes
  • Weight
  • Hardness

Last edited:
Reactions: Lazer
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Hi,

I'd like a comparison between Yasaka Rakza 7 & Nittaku Fastarc G-1, preferably from players/members who've played with both, and on the following parameters..
  • Spin ( Rakza 7 > G1 )
  • Speed ( G1 > Rakza 7 )
  • Grip ( same-same )
  • Bounce ( G1 > Rakza 7 )
  • Arc ( Rakza 7 > G1 )
  • Top-spin (Along with Ability to lift back-spin) = ( same-same )
  • Blocking ( G1 feels better offensively, Rakza more sedate )
  • Flat-hits ( G1 > Rakza 7 )
  • Over-the-table pushes ( G1 > Rakza 7 ), I mean G1 less sensitive to spin but just a tad less compared to Rakza 7.
  • Weight ( G1 > Rakza 7 )
  • Hardness ( G1 > Rakza 7 )
The above is from my memory as I have played with both before.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I agree mostly with Gozo, with a few nuances.

Spin comes easier with R7, but at the high end G1 brings more. The same goes for speed. To my hand, R7 is bouncier than G1, and in the short game, G1 feels more reliable.

Adding one fun category, G1 is quite a bit more durable than R7. Both are great rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

I also largely agree with Gozo. The only thing I see differently is the spin.

In my view the R7 gives the sensation (ie. the 'feel' at the moment of impact) of imparting more spin, but based both on the accuracy of placement and the difficulty that opponents seem to have blocking, I'm pretty confident that G-1 actually imparts more spin (even though it doesn't feel like it).

Mar 2021
Cut to a standard sized blade, what is the approximate weight of Rakza 7 & G1 ?

Also, which one would be better suited to a Thin & Light Balsa-carbon blade ?
Choose thick and hard rubber than. You should then have a very controllable set-up which can easily loop ball with good safety margin. Downside is it will only be playable near table, if far-table, you are at a huge disadvantage as the ball will most likely go into the net.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Choose thick and hard rubber than. You should then have a very controllable set-up which can easily loop ball with good safety margin. Downside is it will only be playable near table, if far-table, you are at a huge disadvantage as the ball will most likely go into the net.

Yeah, hard'ish rubbers would be ideal, but finding one with the right weight, is a bit of an issue .. For starters, I can't play with a heavy setup.. and then, there's the balance factor to consider, since the blade weighs just around 70 odd grams, and would have an OX LP on one side.. With a heavy rubber on one side, it tends to feel imbalanced, and head-heavy ..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
Hi,

• Spin
  • Speed
  • Grip
  • Bounce
  • Arc
  • Top-spin (Along with Ability to lift back-spin)
  • Blocking
  • Flat-hits
  • Over-the-table pushes
  • Weight
  • Hardness

I am currently playing with Fastarc G-1 while it's been a few years since I've played with Rakza. Given that, my overall impression is
-G-1 is spinnier if you rotate your body for top spins while Rakza is better for shorter strokes.
-Speed is about the same, maybe G-1 just a slight faster
-Rakza grabs the ball better
-G-1 has significantly lower arc than Rakza
-G-1 is far better for blocking and flat hits
-Weight is about the same
-G1 is harder than Rakza 7

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Hopefully Funk Fu Master's evaluation is accurate. It is consistent unlike many other evaluations I have seen.
Funk Fu Master gets points for not including control.
Given the data above
Basically normal ( perpendicular ) COR of G1 > R7 and the tangential COR of R7 > G1
Therefore the spin to speed ratio of the R7 > G1
All those other ratings are superfluous.
What does this mean it the evaluation is accurate?
G1 will have faster but shallower arcs, given the same stroke, and is probably better suited for playing farther back from the table where gravity will have time to help with the arcs and distance will slow down the ball.
R7 is better suited for close to the table play where tight arcs are required.
Lifting back spin is a function of technique. The ratings better be the same.
I find it hard to believe there is much difference between them.
I will stick with my favorite Rakza 7. I like the higher spin to speed ratio. I don't need speed. I think speed is highly over rated since the person can make up for what the paddle lacks. ( That is unless Der Echte suggests putting Reflectoid and Yasaka Anti Power on a Toni Hold White spot paddle )

Reactions: Dimitri
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews