These new rubbers coming soon!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
Now, Tenergy 80 is hot in many forums. The following rubbers are new rubbers registered on ITTF.

Andro
Rasant In
Impuls Powersponge

Butterfly
Tenergy 80
Largestorm  

Donic
Bluefire M1
Bluefire M2
Bluefire M3
Piranja Anti

Nittaku
Fastarc C-1
Zalt In
Alhelg

XIOM
Vega Japan
Sigma II Pro
Sigma II Europe
Musa I
Musa II

TSP
Spin Magic

YASAKA
Rifle In
Rifle Speed
MIZUNO
Booster HP

JUIC
T+
J9+

Source:
http://www.ittf.com/stories/pictures/LARC_33.pdf

Have we wonder why all manufacturers are coming out with new rubbers very often? And we just buy them and try. Let's sit back and think; each time you put on a new branded rubber, does your game improve? Can you beat your regular opponents with the new branded rubber that you can't beat using the old rubber? It is a waste of money or we are just addicted to this game or curious of all these new rubbers? I remember those days in the 70s, we only buy BTY Sriver, Sriver...and Sriver. Now the market is flooded with more than 1,000 type of rubbers, can we try all of them?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
I'm just searching for the perfect rubber and when I find it I will stick to it :)

I found it for my FH, Rakza 7 soft but I'm still searching for my BH...

aha, the classic "perfect rubber" thought process..mind you, i do it too! i love my bat at the momenrt though i feel as though i am playing much better with it than i was playing before!

This user has no status.
yeah, the "perfect" rubber does not exist

4 years ago i bought a Joola Mambo GP (with the GP= glue power sponge), it said on the promotion texts that the rubber had built in speed glue effect and the sound , but no , it was not like speed glue at all and the special glue sound was not there either (i should have asked my money back in fact, now that i think about it :mad:)

the manufacturers (in fact a lot of the rubbers are just made by ESN and the companies do the marketing) are just trying to milk us out on our cash :mad:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Well in my mind I think we have to adjust ourselves to what's on the marked. All the new rubber are developed with certain criteria ( i.e glue ban, blade types, ball size etc.) and maybe the aren't big notable differences but in a engineering perspective the results are best for each criteria. Many people stick to what they've played with, but in the end it all comes down to who is selling the most.

This user has no status.
Well in my mind I think we have to adjust ourselves to what's on the marked. All the new rubber are developed with certain criteria ( i.e glue ban, blade types, ball size etc.) and maybe the aren't big notable differences but in a engineering perspective the results are best for each criteria. Many people stick to what they've played with, but in the end it all comes down to who is selling the most.

True, and thats really a shame... I hope that all the prices don't go up like the tenergies :confused:

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Have we wonder why all manufacturers are coming out with new rubbers very often? And we just buy them and try. Let's sit back and think; each time you put on a new branded rubber, does your game improve? Can you beat your regular opponents with the new branded rubber that you can't beat using the old rubber? It is a waste of money or we are just addicted to this game or curious of all these new rubbers? I remember those days in the 70s, we only buy BTY Sriver, Sriver...and Sriver. Now the market is flooded with more than 1,000 type of rubbers, can we try all of them?

Yeah Fong:)...I agree, but you have to admit, it sure is fun:). Most of us would like to think we improve with a new set up, but some are opposites. These manufacturers knows they can make serious money, otherwise why would they bother.:) And we hope we can beat our regular opponents with the new rubbers too.

I grew up with Sriver too, and Super Sriver. I don't normally change my set up. Once I am comfortable with my set up, you going to need a shot gun pointing to my head to try another rubber. hahaha

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews

I think the people that was all conservative about Sriver back in the days are either still using it with speed glue, or just buying Tenergy and Tenergy and Tenergy... At least the older guys I know does that, and probably many others ;)