Joola Trinity Blade (A+Z+C)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Joola Trinity Blade (AL + ZL + C)

Joola Trinity Blade (AL+ZL+C)

There has not been many reviews about this blade. The carbon fibre sheet consists of both ALC and ZLC (or pbo-c). So its unlike Icecream.

Loving it so far. Its a lot more controllable than I thought it would be. I am feeling plenty of dwell time with Fastarc G1 on FH. I am able to open up, loop, and apply pressure quite well with R47 on BH.

Sharing this because more people need to know about these new blades by Joola.
clear%20close%20up.JPG
side.JPG
(haven't peeled the wrapping on lens/plate)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2021
Joola Trinity Blade (AL+ZL+C)

There has not been many reviews about this blade. The carbon fibre sheet consists of both ALC and ZLC (or pbo-c). So its unlike Icecream.

Loving it so far. Its a lot more controllable than I thought it would be. I am feeling plenty of dwell time with Fastarc G1 on FH. I am able to open up, loop, and apply pressure quite well with R47 on BH.

Sharing this because more people need to know about these new blades by Joola.
clear%20close%20up.JPG
side.JPG
(haven't peeled the wrapping on lens/plate)
Â

worth the price

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
what blade did you had before this blade? how is the comparison between these two blades?
thanks for sharing

I was using Tibhar SZÖCS SIGNATURE 1 for a long time. Before that, Clipper CR, Ovtcharov Senso V1, Carbonado 45, Adelie, Donic Dimitrij no1, etc...

Compare to Szocs, Trinity has less dwell time and significantly higher speed. The control is definitely there once you get used to it. Very controllable. I am confident to do punch shots from my bh side, which is usually a good indicator for me.

I am also going to pair it with heavier rubbers next time. The balance of the blade seems to be more towards the handle. To me, this is a good thing.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Hmm, after half a year I picked my Trinity up Glued D09c of FH and Rozena on BH.
It has a really soft and rather thick limba outer ply. It really reminds me of an inner limba construction. It is rather "dull" in low power mode but due to the x3 composition on high power shots it is fast. It's fast but it maintains a really good arc.
I really love the control it gives on defense if someone attacks first. I also love the arc it provides when you hit full power. On full power shots it just somehow puts the ball on the table, same with defense if you block passively it puts in on the table, in fact sometimes it's so fast that the opponent is caught off guard.

I would pair it with rather fast rubbers. The D09c was rather fantastic, but I bet the Joola Dyanryz ZGR or Tibhar K2 would be equally nice.
On BH I tried it with Rozena, which was fine, tho I whish it was a bit faster. So I'm gonna change for D64.

If you are disgusted with dignics pricing you might wanna look at Tibhar Quantum X pro, or even at Mizuno Q series for backhand. For forhad I would not barge from D09c or K2 or similar tacky rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Actually I take back my comment about Rozena, it is really good with it. After more play it has sufficient speed and makes exceptional spin too, and if needed has a ton of power even from the back. Banana flicks are just great, "normal/safe" banana flicks are nasty enough, but I can feel I can give more force and it will work. I did a few of those shots and they are superb.
If anything the blade is exceptionally good on BH side with Rozena.
I guess the biggest issue with this blade is the pricing. ~260EUR on TT11 (or similar price at other vendors) is a hard pill to swallow if someone wants it. In my country it's only like 150EUR at the Joola dealer and for that money it is clearly better than Maze/Freitas ALC or Innerfoce ZLC. More versatile than Inner ZLC and faster than Maze ALC.
On touch and blocks and low power shots it's probably even duller than an inneforce ZLC, which is really nice feature over the table. On open ups it still has that dull feeling which helps taming bouncy rubbers.
On big swings the artificial layers holds the ball for long but still it has a bouncy effect on release.
I think people who have a Chinese style of play and have very good physical body condition will like it. On the other hand very weak players might enjoy it over the table or from close due to the great touch play and a block capability that pressures the opponent a lot.
Players who play actively but can't hit trough the soft limba will most likely not enjoy it and will find it very slow and dull. If you find an innerforce or DHS Ma Long 5 type blade dull and slow should totally avoid.

says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019
Actually I take back my comment about Rozena, it is really good with it. After more play it has sufficient speed and makes exceptional spin too, and if needed has a ton of power even from the back. Banana flicks are just great, "normal/safe" banana flicks are nasty enough, but I can feel I can give more force and it will work. I did a few of those shots and they are superb.
If anything the blade is exceptionally good on BH side with Rozena.
I guess the biggest issue with this blade is the pricing. ~260EUR on TT11 (or similar price at other vendors) is a hard pill to swallow if someone wants it. In my country it's only like 150EUR at the Joola dealer and for that money it is clearly better than Maze/Freitas ALC or Innerfoce ZLC. More versatile than Inner ZLC and faster than Maze ALC.
On touch and blocks and low power shots it's probably even duller than an inneforce ZLC, which is really nice feature over the table. On open ups it still has that dull feeling which helps taming bouncy rubbers.
On big swings the artificial layers holds the ball for long but still it has a bouncy effect on release.
I think people who have a Chinese style of play and have very good physical body condition will like it. On the other hand very weak players might enjoy it over the table or from close due to the great touch play and a block capability that pressures the opponent a lot.
Players who play actively but can't hit trough the soft limba will most likely not enjoy it and will find it very slow and dull. If you find an innerforce or DHS Ma Long 5 type blade dull and slow should totally avoid.
The new Xiom TMXi would have a similar composition like Trinity I assume. TMXi = A combination of Xylium, Zephyllium, and X-Carbon (of what xiom calls) but it's an inner carbon unlike trinity. Looks like it could have better control. It's plan to sale on April 21st globally. I think it'll be the very first blade to have combine alc,zlc and carbon in inner layer structure.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
The new Xiom TMXi would have a similar composition like Trinity I assume. TMXi = A combination of Xylium, Zephyllium, and X-Carbon (of what xiom calls) but it's an inner carbon unlike trinity. Looks like it could have better control. It's plan to sale on April 21st globally. I think it'll be the very first blade to have combine alc,zlc and carbon in inner layer structure.

I think it will be a flexier blade, with higher arc. From the limited pictures I saw this Xiom TMXi has ayous core, very typical construction. It should be similar to an Innerfoce ZLC blade. It will be probably better for forehand oriented players because of the flex and softness, and BH could be a bit unimpressive.
Anyways I think it will be an easier blade to use than the Trinity, it will require less power on the FH to use well.
But actually the Trinity already feels like an innerforce blade with that thick limba outer ply.
I hope they won't use the handle shape of the Ice Cream blades, I find them way too thin. The FL handle of the Trinity is very nice.

PS It's a bit funny how Xiom used the first AZC material in a Joola branded blade.

Reactions: Colin Ksh
Sep 2019

I think it will be a flexier blade, with higher arc. From the limited pictures I saw this Xiom TMXi has ayous core, very typical construction. It should be similar to an Innerfoce ZLC blade. It will be probably better for forehand oriented players because of the flex and softness, and BH could be a bit unimpressive.
Anyways I think it will be an easier blade to use than the Trinity, it will require less power on the FH to use well.
But actually the Trinity already feels like an innerforce blade with that thick limba outer ply.
I hope they won't use the handle shape of the Ice Cream blades, I find them way too thin. The FL handle of the Trinity is very nice.

PS It's a bit funny how Xiom used the first AZC material in a Joola branded blade.

I'm curious of the price as well ($$). Currently it's 22,000 yen, 195,000 won respectively on each jp and korea officail websites.
Since such hybrid composition blades are usually expensive or at least more than regular single material carbon blades basically alc(s), I think the price is gonna be high. Innercarbon blades like bty innerforce blades, long V and so on normally requires full stroke/phy strength to impart a powerful spinny shots is it so? Compare to outer layer ones like viscaria.

P.S Still waiting for FZD's blade too lol but price is a deciding factor for me personally.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Hmm, today I just glued on a plain Jane commercial 41 deg unboosted (probably actually the booster is totally gone since it was not in its vaccuum pack for a while) H3N orange. On BH I had a friend's V15 extra.
H3 was so good actually. Didn't realize H3 is so bloody fast on this blade. Don't have to care about the arc at all and I can hit the ball trough and give it some brush but not particularly much. This combo can control the arc so fantastically well I am kind of shocked. And it's really fast too.
Open ups were super effortless and I could be relaxed as hell. Maybe actually too relaxed.

I would go with a 39 or 40 deg H3N orange sponge if I changed anything. But even the 41 deg eats the ball so well on this blade. Loop kills are very stable, but a lot of work with such hard sponge.

V>15 Extra is a nice rubber too. But I was surprised how my first hit with it landed on my side of the table, didn't even reach the net 😅
I guess the thick top limba is indeed quite soft. But I adjusted and if I hit the ball harder I didn't have any issues. V15 kinda works better with stronger hits, you can feel the ball stretching, and then it produces high quality balls, fast and spinny. Control is good too, I think the V15 is a fast rubber, wouldn't call it too bouncy on touches, or passive blocks, but if you start to strech the rubber it has a pretty strong kick. Just from feeling it's faster than T05.

I'm kinda confused where did all this power come from into the H3. We're living confusing times, but this was welcome.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I took out my Joola Trinity Blade from the vault and just glued G-1 on BH side and boosted Dingtian on it.
This blade rocks actually. It is truly between W968 and a Super Viscaria type Joola Zhou Qihao S-ALC 90 blade.

Frew things to note since I haven't been using this blade for a while now. The handle is the best among the mentioned blades and all of them have exceptionally comfortable handles.
The ZLC-ALC-Carbon outer layer is pretty awesome. I do like a carbon feel in my blade.
The top limba layer doesn't feel that much harder than the top limba on a W968, but it is significantly faster.
For fast attack the Trinity is more decisive, sure it's not as decisive as the Zhou Qihao S-ALC, but with the Trinity you kind of get more timing range than that. Not as much as W968 but if you get your timing right the Trinity is a one shot kill. W968 might be a one shot epic kill, but might return. Trinity will usually not return. It's also much better at FH flicks. Like MUUUUCH better.
Trinity BH with G-1 2.0mm is pretty epic. G-1 is excellent on W968, but on Trinity it has a bit more hard bottom feel and that makes it even more insensitive when blocking. But when you are looping or fast attacking from BH side it has superb bottom strength if you want it, if you don't you can do a similar soft loop as W968.
ZQ S-ALC is a too hard blade for G-1 in my opinion.

I recently started to use G-1 and I really love it on BH, but I have tried it on FH too, it feels really good too. It truly makes most T05 alternatives obsolete, hell it really makes T05 run for its money.

The Trinity blade has something that not much other blade has, it has softness, probably due to the ALC and limba aspect of it and it has superb bottom strength due to the ZLC and kiri core.

And it works really well with DHS H3 blue sponge type of rubbers too, so Tibhar K2, Dingtian, Codexx EF 54 pro are totally game.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
So like I have been using this blade more, and changed the Dingtian with Tibhar K3. K3 is lighter by 3-4g so that is not a bad thing. K3 gives more options and timing range, since it does have sponge compression on low impact loops that Dingrian nor dense sponged rubbers do not have. So I can play with racket angle a bit more. Also I can pull up the ball from quite low too with decent spin. With Dingtian and just usual Chinese rubbers I can PRAY up the ball too, but it won't have much spin.

K3 doesn't shy away from a fast blade, in fact I think it needs its fix from a fast blade under it. K3 is a good rubber by itself, and it has similar characteristics as the Trinity. Can be quite loopy on low impact course of sponge compression and topsheet stretch and snap, and the blade feels like ALC on low impact. On hard impact K3 is kinda like K2, has great bottom strength and the Trinity has zylon feel too so it provides the support.

This setup with a very relaxed and whippy arm is gold.
The blade has like a combination of the whippy nature of W968 and the speed of Zhou Qihao S-ALC. Of course not as good as those in these regards but it's not like an average between the two blade. More whippy than average would be and faster than average would be...

G-1 on BH is jackpot.

And the whole setup is 188g, that is very reasonable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Read 1 reviews
I’m considering the Trinity for my main blade, I play with an innerforce type blade wich I like allot. But somehow, even doing the best results I ever made, I’m getting a bit bored with it.

I like Limba, gives confidence in some shots because of its good feeling and dwell.

Each blade has it pros and cons, you win some and you lose some (features) 🤷🏻

Any of you still use the Trinity?