What do you guys do with old rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
A older guy at my club just gave me 2 of his old rubbers, a Rakza 7 Soft and one Acuda S1. They look to be in fairly good condition too. I usually only buy cheaper Chinese rubbers, so this was a really cool surprise.Â

But it got me thinking, what do you all do with your old rubbers?

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
A older guy at my club just gave me 2 of his old rubbers, a Rakza 7 Soft and one Acuda S1. They look to be in fairly good condition too. I usually only buy cheaper Chinese rubbers, so this was a really cool surprise.Â

But it got me thinking, what do you all do with your old rubbers?

Sell it, give it away or use as a mouse-pad.

Reactions: davizoosk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I have a drawer of old rubbers. Some I throw away
I have many paddles with different size heads.
The biggest are my Firewall+. These are my push blocking paddles.
Next is my Dr N Matador with anti on it. I just put Rakza 7 on the FH replacing a T25 that must have been 8 years old.
My Donic Defplay is ahead or behind the Dr N Matador in head size.. The Defplay is my chopping paddle with Rakza and TSP PR1 on it.
Next is my TB ALC and TBS. I have R48 and Rakza 7 on these.
Finally my Samsonov Alphas. These have very small heads and thin blades. They usually get the hand me downs.
These rubbers are too small to cover most blades.
The rubbers start with the paddles with the bigger heads and migrate down. By the time they are moved of the Samsonov Alphas they have had it and go into my drawer.
Some rubbers aren't that old or use. It is just that I couldn't adjust to the rubber.

TT rubbers are too small for a mouse pad. My mouse pads are huge.

A good use is padding or some non-skid application. Cutting the rubbers up into squares and gluing them to the bottom of things that might mar a surface is good.

Reactions: Tipiak
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Keep some of them, give some away, use on spare training bats for newcomers, so they can see the difference between a 'shop bought' lesser quality bat and one the better quality rubbers.
Rarely throw away, unless I damage them when removing from a set up in haste so i can glue on the latest version of a new rubber!!!😀

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
I always donate it to someone.......
Unfortunately once i donated one dhs 3 bs national (one week played ) to someone who i believe will give it to some young and perspective..... Unfortunately i found out he sell it for 80 euros to some old guy which doesn't have any knowledge how to play with this kind of rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I always donate it to someone.......
Unfortunately once i donated one dhs 3 bs national (one week played ) to someone who i believe will give it to some young and perspective..... Unfortunately i found out he sell it for 80 euros to some old guy which doesn't have any knowledge how to play with this kind of rubber.

If you ever need someone to donate to a National Hurricane, I will gladly take that burden from you and give you confirmation on paper that I will use it and don't resell it :p

• Haha
Reactions: bobpuls and Elraghy
This user has no status.
Often I give my used rubbers to members of my club. Mostly lower level players or recreational members who don't care to much about their equipment. I give them a little advise and if possible I replace their rubbers . (The rubbers must fit their playing style a little). I know a table tennis store over here used to keep used rubbers from clients (after their approval) when they sell new rubbers and send them to Africa. So people who can't afford equipment still can play with reasonable rubbers.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T510 met Tapatalk