2021 ITTF-ATTU Asian Championships

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
As Vlad Celler mentioned in the WTT Doha thread, winning the Asian Championship puts HH at #17 (official ranking is out now). And with DN retired, 17 is really 16. I think World Championship has 32 seeds so she should be safely seeded. I hope she has a great tournament and move up the rankings even further!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
i don't know if HH will fare well in Houston but definitely the CNT will fear her more than anyone else. ITO should be a serious rival, and can beat anyone on a good day, but all their 5 players have enough confidence to beat her and maybe the Olympics have shaken Mima's confidence as well.

its been however too long since the last encounter with HH and she's definitely a much better player than pre-Covid when she beated LSW before her WTTC crown, and always took 1-2 games from elite CNT members giving them some problems.

I think HH matches the CNT team in terms of power and athleticity. Her technique however seems to lack the very high standards of consistency of the CNT although i see a lot of progress there too. When i see how she came back against ANDO in her last game, and beated SHIN Yubin, she proved that she could be consistent when it mattered most.

If i have to bet on an outsider for Houston, my money is definitely on HH.