colored rubbers

This user has no status.
image.jpg

I got a Bluestorm z1 from topspin tt. I only got it yesterday and haven’t had a proper chance to test it.

• Love
Reactions: Tango K
says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
Sep 2016
I like black and red , old style

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Some colorants incorporated in rubber can affect friction factor. Yes, red green pink will reduce friction as compared to black.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Some colorants incorporated in rubber can affect friction factor. Yes, red green pink will reduce friction as compared to black.

But will the new colourants (pink, green, blue) have any greater effect than red? In other words, assuming you choose black on one side, then whichever colour you choose for the other side should make no difference as they all suffer the same deficit - is that correct, or is this still an unknown?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews

But will the new colourants (pink, green, blue) have any greater effect than red? In other words, assuming you choose black on one side, then whichever colour you choose for the other side should make no difference as they all suffer the same deficit - is that correct, or is this still an unknown

Comparing pink Quantum X to red Quantum X I felt no difference between them, and green R48 plays like red or black R48.
The variations in production have far greater effects than the colour added.
My wife has two setups, one of which clearly has a better black rubber and the other has a better red as regards rotation, all of them being R47.

So in theory or lab tests of otherwise identical rubbers colour might make a difference, in real life it shouldn´t. As, one might add, it should be outside of TT as well.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
PSYCHOLOGIST ADVICE

Using the varicoloured rubbers will argue you to be much a gaga-child

Last edited: