Why is Battle 2 so popular and praised?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Why does everybody love this rubber? Why is it so famous/popular compared to other Chinese tacky rubbers?

I just borrowed somebody's Battle 2 and tried it. It felt fine, but not so different from other rubbers. It is like a tackier Big Dipper. But BD is quite a bit cheaper.Â

says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Why does everybody love this rubber? Why is it so famous/popular compared to other Chinese tacky rubbers?

I just borrowed somebody's Battle 2 and tried it. It felt fine, but not so different from other rubbers. It is like a tackier Big Dipper. But BD is quite a bit cheaper.Â
I love it to bits! It is so tacky, my soft version can hold a TT ball for a whole freaking 9 seconds! That is how tacky this rubber is. And she is cheaper than the overprice H3 rubber. What is there not to like?

Yeah, it also feel a little bouncier than H3 and more similar in feel to Yinhe's Dipper. But I know some people want that dead feel of H3. To each his own.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I love it to bits! It is so tacky, my soft version can hold a TT ball for a whole freaking 9 seconds! That is how tacky this rubber is. And she is cheaper than the overprice H3 rubber. What is there not to like?

Yeah, it also feel a little bouncier than H3 and more similar in feel to Yinhe's Dipper. But I know some people want that dead feel of H3. To each his own.

Â

Where do you buy it? on Aliexpress, H3 is $18 and B2 is $23.Â

Â

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
I'm a Battle 2 player and I think that there's not a big difference comparing Battle 2 and the H3 Neo Prov. The main thing is - B2 has more arc. For the FH side I would say H3 Neo Prov is better (I prefer the lower arc on the FH), but I need to use the regular rubber on the BH too (I twiddle a lot) and because of that I prefer the B2(more arc on the BH is very helpful). Also the price is nice. Overall B2 is a very tacky and dynamic rubber for small price - I think that's enough for it to be popular)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I think the gold B2 is really very nice. Quite close to H3 blue sponge. Has decent speed, not hard as a brick, quite light and so far for me very durable.
Even a provincial H3 BS starts around 50USD in price and it's a total crapshoot if you get genuine or fake. I have not seen any fake Battle 2 reports so both price and originality wise Battle 2 or 729 has an advantage while offering very similar performance as BS H3.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Why does everybody love this rubber? Why is it so famous/popular compared to other Chinese tacky rubbers?I just borrowed somebody's Battle 2 and tried it. It felt fine, but not so different from other rubbers. It is like a tackier Big Dipper. But BD is quite a bit cheaper.Â

Battle 2 is imho much better than Big Dipper. A long while ago I used to have Big Dipper. Dead and not that sticky. Battle 2 is much more alive and much easier to use.

Last edited:

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
You could literally ask this about any rubber except T05, H3, D09c. Those three the answer is because so many pros use them. Every other rubber can only be answered with because some people like the way it plays.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
You could literally ask this about any rubber except T05, H3, D09c. Those three the answer is because so many pros use them. Every other rubber can only be answered with because some people like the way it plays.

And those three also have the bling factor. Especially Butt stuff.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Battle 2 is imho much better than Big Dipper. A long while ago I used to have Big Dipper. Dead and not that sticky. Battle 2 is much more alive and much easier to use.

Alright, just from my experience I felt they were almost identical in speed and bounciness. But the blade also makes a difference. I also got a sheet of Bloom Power and Target 90, so I am interested to see how those rubbers compare with B2 and Dipper. Also, mind you all of these rubbers are about half the price of B2, so thats why I was wondering why B2 is so popular.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

Alright, just from my experience I felt they were almost identical in speed and bounciness. But the blade also makes a difference. I also got a sheet of Bloom Power and Target 90, so I am interested to see how those rubbers compare with B2 and Dipper. Also, mind you all of these rubbers are about half the price of B2, so thats why I was wondering why B2 is so popular.

B2 has 3 distinct variants.
Commercial - the most tacky
Prov - middle tacky, still tacky as heck
Gold - not that tacky

And they are actually easiest to play when going from Gold to commercial (the gold was the nicest to play in my hands).

This is weird btw, because they should not change top sheets between those versions.

Reactions: longle
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Gold - not that tacky

And they are actually easiest to play when going from Gold to commercial (the gold was the nicest to play in my hands).

This is weird btw, because they should not change top sheets between those versions.

Â

Where do you buy the commercial and gold version? On Aliexpress I only see provincial.Â

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Â

Where do you buy the commercial and gold version? On Aliexpress I only see provincial.Â

In looking at all the EJ posts, it has started making me wonder.....Is there any way you can post some video footage of you playing. It would be nice to see how you play as you are exploring all these things like rubbers, boosting....

Mar 2021
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I think the gold B2 is really very nice. Quite close to H3 blue sponge. Has decent speed, not hard as a brick, quite light and so far for me very durable. Even a provincial H3 BS starts around 50USD in price and it's a total crapshoot if you get genuine or fake. I have not seen any fake Battle 2 reports so both price and originality wise Battle 2 or 729 has an advantage while offering very similar performance as BS H3.

I had only 2 sheets of B2, OS H39 and BS H40 - quite good and closest to H3. My impression was that the top-sheet was slightly harder or less elastic on B2, I prefer the H3 top-sheet. Also, H3 is available in more hardnesses. Still, for FH the B2 is 2nd best for me.

Btw. the gold one you speak about, does it have the reddish sponge (black top-sheet)? The images on Ali are not very convincing, one can't be sure.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I had only 2 sheets of B2, OS H39 and BS H40 - quite good and closest to H3. My impression was that the top-sheet was slightly harder or less elastic on B2, I prefer the H3 top-sheet. Also, H3 is available in more hardnesses. Still, for FH the B2 is 2nd best for me.

Btw. the gold one you speak about, does it have the reddish sponge (black top-sheet)? The images on Ali are not very convincing, one can't be sure.

My Gold sponges were purple.

Reactions: latej
says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews

Gold - not that tacky

Yes I think they make the Gold versioin not tacky to increase the speed. The same for National Blue sponge version, it has the same topsheet as Gold but bouncier, heavier sponge. But the price is double so I'll still stick to Gold after tried out 1 sheet of National