Timo Ball ZLC very slow?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Hi all,

So I recently got the TB ZLC and put my previous rubbers Acuda S2 and Acuda S3. I found it very good on spin to spin and return serves but other than that I found it really hard to attack, the arc is very low and if I don't do everything perfectly it's very hard to loop the ball on underspin.

I went to a store to replace the rubbers to faster ones, and the guy there was actually amazed at how slow the blade was (trying on the bare blade without rubbers). He gave me a bare Donic Li Ping and Donic Waldner OFF World Champion 89. The ball jumped much higher on both of those.

I wonder if it makes sense? All the TB ZLC properties and reviews talk about a fast rubber. Can it be one that is badly manufactured?
Anything else I should consider?

Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think the blade is hard so the ball will go more forward and leave fast. I think ALC will suit you better.

Reactions: KM1976
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
most reviews seem to express the tendency that zlc is faster than alc.......................
my personal experience , using the same rubbers is that zlc is slower but gives more feel while maintaining the same big sweetspot.

this is not a review