A Comprehensive List of Famous Blade Clones

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

About Primorac and the same composition of plies. What is Korbel? Should it be considered a clone? Or is it only a clone when another brand is attempting to do the same? I would not call Korbel a Primorac clone, because it exists to offer something else (bigger, faster). Viscaria, Timo Boll ALC, Zhang Jike ALC however… Very similar... 🤨

Yep. I agree 100% here. The difference between the Primorac and the Korbel is notable even though they have the same ply construction. Korbel is thicker with a bigger head and the bigger head gives it a different feeling.

And the Butterfly ALC blades you mentioned, the main differences are the shape of the handle and the shape of the wings/blade face as a result of the different handles. But, because the handles are sooooo different, I still would not call them clones....."slick" marketing to get people to pay more for what is very close to the same product....yes.....but I still would not think of them as clones. :) Still, I am okay if someone else has a reasonable opinion on why they should be considered clones. They are pretty darn close in playing characteristics in spite of the different handles.

Last edited:
Reactions: SamTheMan
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
New Viscaria Clone from Sanwei

- Sanwei Froster (International)
- Sanwei 75 (China exclusive)

approx 0.5mm thicker, and cold press (similar to Joola Freeze and Xiom 36.5 ALX)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
New Viscaria Clone from Sanwei

- Sanwei Froster (International)
- Sanwei 75 (China exclusive)

approx 0.5mm thicker, and cold press (similar to Joola Freeze and Xiom 36.5 ALX)

Are these really the same? Sanwei writes that the Froster uses "Arylate-Carbon Fibre" but the printing on the blade says Kevlar.
For the 75 I found e.g. https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005003365452426.html "blue arylate carbon" but with a candlenut core instead of kiri that is used in the Froster.

says Table Tennis - the sport for life.
says Table Tennis - the sport for life.
Jan 2013
It's pretty clear that some of these cheaper brands use the claim that one of their blade is a clone of a famous blade, very much for marketing purposes. What you get (and pay for) with the majority of high-end blades is (1) a much stricter selection of materials and (2) much stricter quality control. If you've ever run a manufacturing business, you'll know how much that adds to the cost!

I've read some extensive reviews of $10 blades, which makes me chuckle a little... because for that price you simply can't be selective with materials and can't have high quality control, which means the next batch that another buys (based on the review) could be totally different.

Still, I'm sure some player will not be able to tell the difference, so they're going to save a lot of $$$

It does bug me a little sometimes that some smaller manufacturers copy the design of a high-end blade, make claims that it's just as good or better, and profit from the R&D of others. By same token though, it bugs me that some of the bigger manufacturer rip people off with outrageous pricing. 😀

Last edited:
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Would be very interested to see how the 75 compares to Yinhe Pro 01 and the Viscaria
Search for "table tennis Gan" on YouTube, he has posted a review and has compared 'em

Reactions: ttarc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Search for "table tennis Gan" on YouTube, he has posted a review and has compared 'em

Pro01 more dwell time, 75 feels crispier. I wonder where they found the Sanwei 75 for RMB 200 to RMB 300 (around USD 30/27€ to 47/40€)

Review from TT Gan is this one:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Found by accident: Decathlon has also some clones
TTW900 All+ = sort of Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon or HL5 (limba, ayous, carbon, ayous, carbon, ayous, limba) 5.6 mm, 90g
TTW900 Off- = Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive (walnut, spruce, ayous) 5.9 mm, 93g
TTW900 Off = koto, ALC, limba, kiri, limba, ALC, koto, 5.3 mm (looked on both UK and DE sites both say 5.3 mm), 105g
TTW900 Off+ = Clipper variant (2x limba, 5x ayous) 6.9 mm, 100g